need some help making my mind up.

ProCision

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I am a Pre user that is on Sprint, I am going to switch to Android. I live in an area that will have Sprint 4g before Verizon LTE. If I switch to Verizon I will have to pay Sprint early termination to do so. Is it worth it?

Or should I stay with sprint and get an EVO, even though the phone has been out for a while now. It doesn't look like sprint is coming out with anything worth my $$. The Echo is not what I was hoping for today and I went to Verizon to see what they had. They have a few really nice phones that match about the same specs as an EVO. I also like Sprints plans over Verizon's plans. I am so torn on what to do. I guess my other option is wait for Wed. and see what Palm/HP is going to come out with. I just dont want to get suckered into a phone with almost 0 app support again.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I'd say just stick with the Evo. They're mostly the same phone when you get right down to it, and it's a really great phone. I don't know a single Evo owner who wishes they didn't own it. Plus you'll have HDMI out, which a lot of people really like.

For me, the Thunderbolt is the phone to get, but I'm already on Verizon. Which provider has better service in your area? With how close they are, that's what I would consider. Also Sprint is cheaper.

ProCision

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Which provider has better service in your area? With how close they are, that's what I would consider. Also Sprint is cheaper.

I would say that if I made the switch to Verizon I wouldn't see any difference in service. There both good in my Area. (Milwaukee,WI) And Sprint is cheaper. I guess I will be getting my hands on an eVo tomorrow then. Unless there is some sleeper phone that we dont know about coming from sprint. And even then how much better will it be?

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
WiMAX has a big glaring limitation; it's high frequency doesn't penetrate structures too well, and so while you're in the comfort of your home or office you will be lucky to see much of any useful Sprint "4G" love. The "4G"-LTE operates on a much closer to cellular frequency which will have similar reception to 3G no matter where you are. This makes the difference of having the "blazing" fast "4G" speeds more useful wherever you are in a launched area.

The Thunderbolt looks like the Evo, but that is just able as far as it goes.
  • The TB has an improved kickstand
  • Better 8MP camera for low lights
  • An all metal case
  • "Dolby" external speaker
  • DLNA support (but no HDMI port)
  • More/faster internal memory (8Gb vs 1gb)
  • More memory (768Mb vs 512Mb)
  • Second generation Snapdragon processor which is more efficient in power consumption (also runs cooler with 45nm vs 65nm, give more head room for overclocking)
  • Updated HTC Sense UI Features
  • Skype Integration

There may be a few more things, but that's the list off the top of my head.

Sprint has been hemorrhaging customers for several years now, and will be imposing a required $10 increase of data prices on your next upgrade (4G or not). And all kidding aside, today's announcement was pathetic and makes me feel all the more comfortable with letting my beloved Pre retire and make the jump to VZW and to Android.

ProCision

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The Thunderbolt looks like the Evo, but that is just able as far as it goes.
  • The TB has an improved kickstand
  • Better 8MP camera for low lights
  • An all metal case
  • "Dolby" external speaker
  • DLNA support (but no HDMI port)
  • More/faster internal memory (8Gb vs 1gb)
  • More memory (768Mb vs 512Mb)
  • Second generation Snapdragon processor which is more efficient in power consumption (also runs cooler with 45nm vs 65nm, give more head room for overclocking)
  • Updated HTC Sense UI Features
  • Skype Integration

• I like the kick stand
  • I will use the camera
  • All metal case is needed
  • dolby speaker i can take it or leave it
  • dlna is good
  • 8gb vs 1 gb is huge
  • 768 vs 512 .... ok
  • 45nm vs 65nm is huge also
  • i like sense
  • dont care about skype

I wake up thinking im going to sprint today to get an eVo and now i am going to just find out what its going to cost me to switch.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
and dont forget to check the areas coming soon to 4g lte for verizon, by the time this thing drops it will be on here as my city is listed in coming soon. i might have to wait a month as i believe they listed coming soon areas on by mid point of year

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
yea, in nc charollotte is always the launch for 4g all carriers, but a rep at local store said well you wont have to wait long for 4g, an then 2 weeks later my entire state almost was announced, at least all the cities that i travel to an my city.