Want the TB!! Now where do you buy it?

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
What are the positives to buying a phone at Verizon v. Best buy??
Is it better to buy on Amazon?

I am going to be a brand new Verizon customer.

Thanks.

js

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Verizon you can get a 1 year contract for $70 more.

Best buy and Amazon its pretty much the same, only 2 year deals. Kicker is BB has a great buy back program that is free right now.

Kazer

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Verizon you can get a 1 year contract for $70 more.

Best buy and Amazon its pretty much the same, only 2 year deals. Kicker is BB has a great buy back program that is free right now.

I wouldn't call the buy back program great by any means unless you're completely incapable of selling your old phone online.

But other than the buy back program best buy and amazon are pretty much the same, and since buy back sucks, they ARE the same. I'd go with a 1 year from a Verizon store for more $$ unless you're fine with having to wait 20 months for another subsidized phone.

And not sure if Verizon gives you options for your new phone number like AT&T does (assuming that you aren't porting an old number anyway), but BB and Amazon don't for sure.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
If you don't care about 1yr vs 2yr contract, get it at Best Buy as you can secure yours with pre-order and have no rebates to worry about (should Verizon have them).

racinbill

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I was "warned" by VZW chat yesterday that i would be subject to terms of both BB and VZ, she said if I cancelled in the two years that I would have to pay ETF to both VZW and BB?! Prob not an issue but that stinks!

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Will also have to see what the prices are as they are not necessarily going to be the same at each place. I bought my BlackBerry Tour on the day of release and Best Buy had it for $50 less than Verizon. It could be that Best Buy and/or Amazon might have it for less, but you are stuck with the 2-yr contracts through them from what I'm hearing.

Kazer

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So BB can't port my number from ATT? I would have to go through Verizon to do that?

I'm pretty sure Best Buy can port numbers, I was just saying if you were getting a new number Verizon would probably give you some numbers to choose from where at best buy or amazon they just give you a new number.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star