TB kickstand and speaker

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering with the kickstand covering the speakers, how loud do you think the TB ringer will be? I have the Droid X with that little strip of a speaker which does not ring that loud. But I do not know how loud the TB can ring with it being cover with the kickstand. Now I know the speakers are surround sound but?

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
A lot of phones out there have the speaker buried in the chassis, yet sound quality isn't hindered much. So I wouldn't worry too much

But none of us will really know how it all sounds until Verizon decides to end the madness and allow us to get our hands on this device

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
A lot of phones out there have the speaker buried in the chassis, yet sound quality isn't hindered much. So I wouldn't worry too much

But none of us will really know how it all sounds until Verizon decides to end the madness and allow us to get our hands on this device

I hope so, and I agree with you. Vz has to hurry up and end the madness!!

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Just set the phone vertically on the kickstand and charge it, that's what I'm going to do.

Yeah, but then you can't prop it in landscape to watch a movie while it's charging. I'll be looking in to getting an L charger at some point. Either that or I'll rig up some kind of stand for when I'm at work, like a cardboard box with a little hole in it for the charger. It will be incredibly low tech.

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but then you can't prop it in landscape to watch a movie while it's charging. I'll be looking in to getting an L charger at some point. Either that or I'll rig up some kind of stand for when I'm at work, like a cardboard box with a little hole in it for the charger. It will be incredibly low tech.

I use a Styrofoam cup thats been cut up and mounted a top a monster energy drink can here at the office for my Palm Pre.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
They sell L shaped micro usb chargers as well. Not sure if that will work though.

Unfortunately, I doubt it. The phone would rest on the charger itself anyway, but at least you might be able to balance it properly. You definitely won't with landscape mode and a normal uUSB.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I can't take credit for finding this product (in fact it may be posted in this thread somewhere), but I ordered the XL model with an L shaped micro charger and am pleasantly surprised with how it looks. It's not bad looking at all. I figure the only places I'll be watching movies AND plugged in would be at home or work...so this will work great for me. When on a plane or something I wouldn't be charging so the kickstand does what its meant to do.

ezeStand - The Ultimate Smart Phone Stand

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Nope..... the USB port is on the side that the phone rests on when its in landscape. It will have to stand in portrait to charge it.... why they didn't reverse the kickstands so it could charge in landscape is beyond me.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I would assume that all these things were tested before distribution. My hunch is that it will work just fine. It's a HTC phone - right? :O

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR