Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex

Default Wirefly battery

Anybody notice that wirefly has the TB listed as having an 1800mah battery? If that turns out to be true, that would be awesome.

ROM
    Stock/Franco

Im almost positive....even from the wirefly unboxing video its a 1400mah battery

EDIT:
    Networks: LTE 700, CDMA EvDO revA
    Operating system: Android™ 2.2 + HTC Sense
    Display: 4.3” WVGA TFT capacitive touch screen
    Camera: 8MP with autofocus, LED Flash (2x LED), 1.3MP front facing camera
    Memory: 8GB emmc + 768 RAM Memory card, preinstalled 32 GB microSD™
    WLAN: 802.11 b/g/n
    Bluetooth: 2.1 with EDR (3.0 when available)
    GPS: GPS/AGPS
    Battery: 1400 mAh
    Special features: Dual mics with noise cancellation, Surround sound, Compass sensor, G-Sensor, Proximity sensor, Light sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, MicroUSB, FM radio, LTE SIM slot , TI audio DSP
    Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8655, 1GHz, Qualcomm MDM9600

http://www.htc.com/us/products/thund...zon#tech-specs

Global Posts
    854 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

He did say there was some confusion, but in the box was obviously a 1400mAh battery...
    "In valor, there is hope."
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex

I figured as much. I think someone mistyped I guess. If you look at the comparison chart iphone vs. tbolt it shows a 1800mah. It even states it again at the bottom of the page.

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

So there goes their credibility on the release date lol

Quote Originally Posted by pnicho View Post
    I figured as much. I think someone mistyped I guess. If you look at the comparison chart iphone vs. tbolt it shows a 1800mah. It even states it again at the bottom of the page.
    can you link the chart pwease
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex

Quote Originally Posted by sw33ndawg View Post
    can you link the chart pwease
    Yepp. HTC Thunderbolt vs. Apple iPhone 4 | Wirefly Learn
    Thanked by:

It also says "the HTC Thunderbolt is expected to ship with 16GB of on-board storage" which hopefully is incorrect.

looks like they are working to update some older info they had. I sent Mr. Kovacs this thread in the comments.
    they probably have devices flying in and out of their site all the time.

check out the comments section (UPDATED):
    HTC Thunderbolt vs. Apple iPhone 4 | Wirefly Learn

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Laser View Post
    looks like they are working to update some older info they had. I sent Mr. Kovacs this thread in the comments.
    they probably have devices flying in and out of their site all the time.

check out the comments section (UPDATED):
    HTC Thunderbolt vs. Apple iPhone 4 | Wirefly Learn
    Thanks for pointing out the mistakes in Wirefly's comparison charts. Much of the information in these charts was gleaned from overly optimistic announcements at the recent CES. It's a pain to go back into them to make corrections, but I really want the info to be accurate. Each of those charts is created by hand by an actual human (mostly me), so mistakes are inevitible. I think all the HTC ThunderBolt listings are now correct but I welcome any feedback pointing out errors. Of course, polite feedback is most welcome of all varieties of feedback!

Bob at Wirefly
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by WireflyBob View Post
    Thanks for pointing out the mistakes in Wirefly's comparison charts. Much of the information in these charts was gleaned from overly optimistic announcements at the recent CES. It's a pain to go back into them to make corrections, but I really want the info to be accurate. Each of those charts is created by hand by an actual human (mostly me), so mistakes are inevitible. I think all the HTC ThunderBolt listings are now correct but I welcome any feedback pointing out errors. Of course, polite feedback is most welcome of all varieties of feedback!

Bob at Wirefly

Bob, looks good so far. I hope my comment was recognized as a polite one - it's great the info is now updated (just checked) as it will help iron out any confusion among new and existing users, even non-registered members too.

So one thing left to ask, will Wirefly really have the TBolt on the 13th?

thanks!
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Bob at Wirefly
    Looks good now.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex

Bob, looks good so far. I hope my comment was recognized as a polite one - it's great the info is now updated (just checked) as it will help iron out any confusion among new and existing users, even non-registered members too.

thanks!
    lol...I will be shocked if he answers that. No one wants to give a straight up answer nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by pnicho View Post
    lol...I will be shocked if he answers that. No one wants to give a straight up answer nowadays.
    hehe :-) i'm just asking for that little confirmation.

also based from his site:

The ThunderBolt by HTC

"Q. If I place a pre-order reservation, when will I receive my smartphone?
    A. We will begin shipping orders on the Verizon Wireless official launch date for the HTC ThunderBolt, which is currently February 13, 2011 but subject to change. If you order additional phones (such as with a family plan), we will hold your entire order until your HTC ThunderBolt is ready to ship."

Politely asking, so will the date also need to be updated or is it solid? (I'm sure if people knew, many more would buy from Wirefly, unlike BestBuy where it's still not solid)

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

I think Bob is covered by the "but subject to change" statement.

Quote Originally Posted by green77 View Post
    I think Bob is covered by the "but subject to change" statement.
    true, though it is 3 days away.
    perhaps he can give us a % answer. eg.. the 13th is 90+%

thanks!
    Yes, you were polite. Messages like that are always welcome.

I think I can safely say that the ThunderBolt will not be available on Feb. 13. Exactly when it will be for sale, I honestly don't know.

BTW, Wirefly will have another ThunderBolt video up later today.

Bob at Wirefly
    Thanked by:

Great thanks!

i guess i will know later, as i (as well as many others on here) have subscribed to your youtube channel.

Perhaps YOU can deliver us the link in this forum this time!

Wanted to let you guys know that Wirefly recently posted a new video: an HTC ThunderBolt vs. EVO 4G Schmackdown. Here it is:

Enjoy!!

Bob at Wirefly
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Das BAMF 1.4

I saw that WireflyBob. I really enjoyed the video, thanks to everyone at Wirefly

I'm looking forward to future videos, especially one about the battery life and camera quality.

Seems to be fixed (says 1400 now).

I don't believe the dimensions can be correct either. Is the TBolt really thinner than the iPhone?

Wanted to let you guys know that Wirefly recently posted a new video: an HTC ThunderBolt vs. EVO 4G Schmackdown. Here it is:

Enjoy!!

Bob at Wirefly
    Wasn't there supposed to be a Thunderbolt Review - Part 2 video?

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTripp View Post
    Wasn't there supposed to be a Thunderbolt Review - Part 2 video?
    Yeah, I shot the Part 2 video today but ran out of time to edit it. It should be up on Monday if all goes well. I know... you guys want it up NOW... ;-(

I'll see if I can include a short video clip with the Part 2 video. However, there's really no way for me to check battery life in any scientific way. I can say that the best Android phone I've seen for battery life is: ...are you sure you want to know?

The Motorola Bravo. The battery in that thing can last longer than a presidential election campaign. It's got a nice screen (480 x 854 resolution) and it has the best on-screen keyboard I've ever used. Not that I'm comparing it to any other phone or anything...

Bob at Wirefly