View Poll Results: Are you getting the Thunderbolt?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes of course!

    107 80.45%
  • Uhhhhh... I guess.

    14 10.53%
  • Nope.

    9 6.77%
  • No Way! I am happy with my Verizon i*hone!

    1 0.75%
  • What is a Thunderbolt?

    2 1.50%
02-12-2011 01:29 PM
36 12
tools
  1. SUB-dawg's Avatar
    There have been leaks about the release date and best buy ads about the price.
    It has been downed because of the lack of dual core.
    Yet it still manages to have a very, very large fan base.

    But are you actually getting it?

    Vote on the poll and chime in down below!

    SUB-dawg
    02-11-2011 04:10 PM
  2. legarz's Avatar
    definitely getting it. already pre-ordered. i cant wait to get rid of my blackberry.
    dispatcher0531 likes this.
    02-11-2011 04:11 PM
  3. rbfromma's Avatar
    Yes! 1 year contract as soon as VZW has it.
    02-11-2011 04:12 PM
  4. sicieler's Avatar
    Yes! 1 year contract as soon as VZW has it.
    seconding this
    02-11-2011 04:13 PM
  5. project.in.process's Avatar
    add a polling answer for
    "depending on LTE pricing"
    and you've got my response

    but most likely, yes
    02-11-2011 04:15 PM
  6. thedeceiver's Avatar
    Yup. Paying full retail which blows but I don't want contracts.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    02-11-2011 04:15 PM
  7. upz3's Avatar
    As long as there is a 1 year contract. I fear this could be a 2 year only after seeing the iPhone has a 2 year only.
    02-11-2011 04:29 PM
  8. mclarryjr's Avatar
    99.9% sure I'm getting it.

    Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
    02-11-2011 04:45 PM
  9. Chrisy's Avatar
    Yes! VZW moved my NE2 to Feb 24th so I will be getting this at a store around release date!

    I like keeping my phones around 2 years, so I'm going for that contract.

    BlackBerry was good for a while.
    02-11-2011 04:49 PM
  10. Sploinkin's Avatar
    I wish I could upgrade to it but I had to vote no, my upgrade date is in August. I'll be forced to wait for newer handsets
    02-11-2011 04:51 PM
  11. DolfanCole's Avatar
    I'll be getting it on a 1-yr contract, if ... Verizon doesn't price it at $320 or more. Put it at $269 for 1-yr ($199 for 2-yr) and I'm buying. If not, I'm waiting.
    02-11-2011 05:01 PM
  12. LinxuSx's Avatar
    Yes! Can't freaking wait to upgrade to this from my Blackberry Tour...

    I'm at the point where I get the loading second hand every minute for 10+ seconds at a time, a reset at least every day, and I'm still stuck on 2G Edge w/o Wifi!

    Hurry up verizon
    02-11-2011 05:01 PM
  13. dreitzell78's Avatar
    definitely getting it. already pre-ordered. i cant wait to get rid of my blackberry.
    yes, agreed, cant wait to get rid of storm2
    02-11-2011 05:03 PM
  14. rigorx's Avatar
    As long as there is a 1 year contract. I fear this could be a 2 year only after seeing the iPhone has a 2 year only.
    Really? I wasn't aware of this. That's going to *suck* if VZW doesn't offer this phone on a 1 year contract. If you're into having closest to the latest mobile advancements, 2 years (20 months) is just way too long.

    The network quality & 1 year (10 months) contract options are what I *love* about VZW. I'd have no problem paying $349 for this phone on a 1 year. I'm definitely not paying $749 full price though; that's a joke! $599 MSRP needs to remain the upper limit of high end mobile pricing.

    Crossing my fingers, as I need to buy 2 of 'em!

    EDIT: Last thought: I could totally see Apple being little b1tches and forcing VZW contract options to only allow 2 years.
    02-11-2011 05:04 PM
  15. rigorx's Avatar
    I'll be getting it on a 1-yr contract, if ... Verizon doesn't price it at $320 or more. Put it at $269 for 1-yr ($199 for 2-yr) and I'm buying. If not, I'm waiting.
    FWIW: Rumored 1 year pricing is somewhere between $319 - $349.
    02-11-2011 05:07 PM
  16. LinxuSx's Avatar
    Why would you post in the HTC Thunderbolt forum if you're not planning on / can't get one?
    02-11-2011 05:16 PM
  17. rigorx's Avatar
    Why would you post in the HTC Thunderbolt forum if you're not planning on / can't get one?
    He stated he *IS* getting one... pending pricing. Since we don't have confirmed 1 year pricing on the TBolt, it's not really cool to knock the person if pricing goes higher than past top end phones.
    02-11-2011 05:54 PM
  18. LinxuSx's Avatar
    I wish I could upgrade to it but I had to vote no, my upgrade date is in August. I'll be forced to wait for newer handsets
    He stated he *IS* getting one... pending pricing. Since we don't have confirmed 1 year pricing on the TBolt, it's not really cool to knock the person if pricing goes higher than past top end phones.
    Was referring to this one. Not trying to knock anyone based on price, just that guy stood out haha
    02-11-2011 05:59 PM
  19. gorf79's Avatar
    Yes I am! Gotta get away from this iPhone 3G and AT&T
    02-11-2011 06:16 PM
  20. experiment 626's Avatar
    I too am waiting for Verizon to officially state their terms for handset LTE. Hoping for the same deal as the iPhone buyers got.
    02-11-2011 06:35 PM
  21. funguy123us's Avatar
    it really depends on 4g Data Plan price.

    Data Plan <= 30 I am in else Out to ATT or Sprint.
    02-11-2011 06:38 PM
  22. Nitros7's Avatar
    I guess I dont see everyones issue with data plain pricing. I look at it this way, the price point for the phone was up in the air now we have seen the add saying $249 on a 2yr. Thats what we thought all along, well we have been seeing that they are not going to be charging anything more for 4G (at least at first) everywhere, so why believe anything else... now if I could say that about the date I would be happy... that said come 24th I am staking out BB's front door pre-order in hand!!!!
    02-11-2011 08:08 PM
  23. akira751's Avatar
    Done deal. Bye bye Storm 1.
    02-11-2011 09:24 PM
  24. Issemann's Avatar
    Not me. I'm waiting for the Bionic.
    02-11-2011 09:35 PM
  25. Raptor007's Avatar
    A simple Hell Yeah. My deposit was paid, i made sure the balance was locked away, I am ready. I have to run errands this weekend and I will see if the local BB is going to offer it up on Sunday/Monday or not.

    I will say if Verizon screws this up and drags it so that the Bionic and the TB launch together then we have a problem.
    02-11-2011 09:35 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD