Why is this not a "Droid"??

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
^ this. Let's not make quality phones into a status symbol. That's apples gig

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

exactly its nothing if not a status symbol... IMO I would think less of it if it was a droid... thus far most (not all) have been plasticy junk. could not believe the let down on my cousin's Droid X!

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
exactly its nothing if not a status symbol... IMO I would think less of it if it was a droid... thus far most (not all) have been plasticy junk. could not believe the let down on my cousin's Droid X!

But we know for a fact that it has a aluminum unibox so its neither plastic or cheap feeling. its that nice heavish feel. :)

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I think the real question is, why does it matter weather or not it has the DROID branding on it? Its made by a great phone company, gonna have 4G LTE and be on VZW's awesome service, a **** ton of memory (8GB onboard/32GB SD Card), and has a promise to Gingerbread (2.3 and possibly 2.4). So is the name infront of HTC Thunderbolt gonna change my mind? Helllll no! I can't wait to get mine on Thursday!

akira751

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't care what Verizon or HTc says, My Tbolt will be called Droid Mecha{They should have used that name, its soo bad ass.}

So yea if I day Droid Mecha I mean Thunderbolt.

{Still isn't over the name.}

@Droidxcon: Droid makes it sound that much cooler, and droid ads are always the coolest.

Droid Mecha is a bad ass name:)

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I think the real question is, why does it matter weather or not it has the DROID branding on it? Its made by a great phone company, gonna have 4G LTE and be on VZW's awesome service, a **** ton of memory (8GB onboard/32GB SD Card), and has a promise to Gingerbread (2.3 and possibly 2.4). So is the name infront of HTC Thunderbolt gonna change my mind? Helllll no! I can't wait to get mine on Thursday!

Some feel that Verizon is more partial to phones sporting the "Droid" branding, taking the Fascinate as their prime example. I'm not really so sure on that, though.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
No matter what it will be called HTC Thunderbolt Droid Thunderbolt it will be noticed ! It is going to be one amazing device. I love my Incredible HTC really knows how to make a great device. I can't wait to see it.

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Would the fact that it doesn't have "droid" in the name stop you from buying it? If the answer is yes, you should rethink your purchasing deciscions

anon(29585)

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The word "droid" is a registered trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. You remember "Star Wars"

The term "Droid" has been used by Verizon Wireless under license from Lucasfilm.