Customers Rushing to get the iPhone

CD1X

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
lmfao....wow...they look like fools....I think someone forgot to mention to apple that verizon had a pre order record for sales...hence...little to no lines....and more apple employees than they knew what to do with...hahaha

CD1X

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
The other funny thing about is is...I was able to walk into a verizon store....on the 11th mind you...and buy an iphone for my brother...no problem! hahaha

delynnie

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I was in a Verizon store on the 11th also. No crowds whatsoever, none!
I dropped and broke my Env Touch, and panicked cuz I broke it too soon!
Anyway I went to Verizon to see if maybe they had a loaner or what they
could do for me since I wanted the Thunderbolt. They couldn't do anything,
so I replaced it with my Insurance. My phone arrived the next day, however
after pressing on the corner of my broken phone, it came back to life, and
works just fine, go figure!! Returned the new phone and got my deductable
back! Just waiting patiently for Feb 24th! The Reps in the store pretty much
admitted the delay was due to the Iphone frenzy and return time frames to
lock those people who bought the Iphone in their contracts!

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
My buddy works at a Verizon store. I am looking at an Android phone and was in on the 10th. They had a tent up and he was working a 16 hour shift with time and a half the next day. They giant subway subs and what not planned for the employees. Intrigued I stopped by on the 11th to check out the scene and it was very weak!!! He sold 4 iphones the entire day. He said he and his boyz were waiting on the TB!!! He said this was just for the "herd!!" I love the fact that the VZ employees were more pumped for the TB than the iphony. Just makes my move to the TB effortless. Also this site has helped a little bit also.

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
My buddy works at a Verizon store. I am looking at an Android phone and was in on the 10th. They had a tent up and he was working a 16 hour shift with time and a half the next day. They giant subway subs and what not planned for the employees. Intrigued I stopped by on the 11th to check out the scene and it was very weak!!! He sold 4 iphones the entire day. He said he and his boyz were waiting on the TB!!! He said this was just for the "herd!!" I love the fact that the VZ employees were more pumped for the TB than the iphony. Just makes my move to the TB effortless. Also this site has helped a little bit also.

I love when verizon employees say that! :)

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
That had to be one of the most awkward videos to watch lol. When they panned to the lines preset up I almost lost it lol! I honestly blame Verizon and Apple for this. They acted like OK people shut up here is your phone after years! However it has been years so I am pretty sure people could have waited for the Iphone 5 in the summer and then you would see epic lines to be sure! People would have less etf and also those who would have payed full retail on AT&T would now have a subsidized version on the better carrier lol. This launch made no since and to think it could be delaying the Thunderbolt makes me downright angry. Also if they had spent all that 3g upgrade money on the LTE rollout we would have a lot more markets online and if they made a LTE Iphone 5 and spent money making that phone for July then well the world would have torn apart lol!

teddeli

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I am presently out of contract. I went to an apple store to check out the IPhone. It was an ATT model. The Verizon version had not been released yet. The display is much nicer than my Droid Incredible. The Android Market is not that great compared to the Apple one. I stopped into a Verizon corporate store in a mall to check out the Verizon IPhone. Nice but I'll wait. The rep said they had them in stock.

I was hot for the Thunderbolt but have decided to wait until June to see if the newest IPhone is 4G and a world phone. The Verizon IPhone in its Present state is just not that attractive right now. I don't want to have to switch back to my Blackberry Storm when traveling overseas.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I was at 2 different Verizon locations on Launch Day. There were more redshirts in there than there were customers. They were all just huddled around each other talking amongst themselves since they had nothing else better to do. Its like when everyone loads up on milk, eggs, water, and snow shovels because the forecast predicted a near blizzard, and you only end up getting 2 inches of snow.

Granted, virtually everyone I saw walk into both stores were either purchasing an iPhone or inquiring about one, but still, I expected to see long lines. The "lack" of interest is sorta baffling to me. Especially considering how extraordinarily well it did in pre sales

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I am presently out of contract. I went to an apple store to check out the IPhone. It was an ATT model. The Verizon version had not been released yet. The display is much nicer than my Droid Incredible. The Android Market is not that great compared to the Apple one. I stopped into a Verizon corporate store in a mall to check out the Verizon IPhone. Nice but I'll wait. The rep said they had them in stock.

I was hot for the Thunderbolt but have decided to wait until June to see if the newest IPhone is 4G and a world phone. The Verizon IPhone in its Present state is just not that attractive right now. I don't want to have to switch back to my Blackberry Storm when traveling overseas.

Im pretty sure I read the iphone 5 will not be a 4G phone. It will have CMDA and GSM chipsets in it so it can be used by both AT&T and Verizon

iPhone 5 rumors: what to expect - Technology & science - Wireless - msnbc.com

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I was in a Verizon store on the 11th also. No crowds whatsoever, none!
I dropped and broke my Env Touch, and panicked cuz I broke it too soon!
Anyway I went to Verizon to see if maybe they had a loaner or what they
could do for me since I wanted the Thunderbolt. They couldn't do anything,
so I replaced it with my Insurance. My phone arrived the next day, however
after pressing on the corner of my broken phone, it came back to life, and
works just fine, go figure!! Returned the new phone and got my deductable
back! Just waiting patiently for Feb 24th! The Reps in the store pretty much
admitted the delay was due to the Iphone frenzy and return time frames to
lock those people who bought the Iphone in their contracts!

lol yea i'm stuck with this POS Envy touch as well i hate this damn thing and can't wait to get my hands on Thunderbolt though every day i wanna smash this Envy against a wall more and more lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc