problem i see with kickstand...

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
OK.. i saw in a pic and noticed that with the kick stand out the micro usb is on the bottom of the phone.. So i guess you cant charge the phone with the kickstand out ? what you think ?

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the EVO and our kickstand only works in landscape mode. I wouldn't trust the kickstand in portrait anyway if you were interacting with the screen.

Sent from my HTC EVO with Tapatalk Pro

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
x1000 time this has been brought up.

an in the multple vids the t bolt can stand up in portrait with kickstand. evo cant.
Yea, the Thunderbolt can do that... but who watches video in portrait mode. The video doesn't look too exciting - does it? They both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
well. not for video. but maybe video chat. or say i just wanna have my t bolt on display on my desk an i just wanna stare an drool at it lol

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
this seems to be the trend now that we have been waiting soo long for this phone questions and concerns that we have already answered are coming up again!

Maybe someone should make a Thunderbolt FAQ post to get stickied.

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I've been thinking about making a stand for this. get a nice piece of cherry or oak and cut/router it so that it holds the phone at roughly the same angle as the kickstand. Line the routed portion where the phone sits with some flannel or velvet-y fabric, stain it to match my nightstand, and drill through the bottom so the Micro USB comes up at the right place. Maybe even epoxy the USB in place. We already know the dimensions of the phone and from that can extrapolate the approximate location of the charging port. If I do this, I'll post pics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae