Unlocked GPS?

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I am planning on ditching my BlackBerry as soon as the Thunderbolt drops. The past couple BBs I've had, have had an unlocked GPS. Will the Thunderbolt have an unlocked GPS so you can use Poynt/Maps and they'll be able to find your location?

Thanks for the help!

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I believe there was actually a lawsuit that forced Verizon to unlock the GPS on the BlackBerrys. So they all have them unlocked now (or ones released since the lawsuit).

Plus, with the Android phones, you get Google Navigation (voice turn-by-turn), which is a major plus if you use your phone for navigation.

Reactions: amotter

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, guys!

I don't use my phone much for directions (only when I'm out of town or get occasionally lost). I use Poynt constantly and love that it knows where I am and gives search results close to my location!! I definitely didn't want to give that up!

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, guys!

I don't use my phone much for directions (only when I'm out of town or get occasionally lost). I use Poynt constantly and love that it knows where I am and gives search results close to my location!! I definitely didn't want to give that up!

I have Poynt on my phone and it works flawlessly, so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't on the Tbolt ;)