Is that just me or Verizon is playing games?

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
At&T Atrix was announced month before it's actual date (March 6). They also told their customer when to pre-order (Feb 13). If you think about it, Thunderbolt to VZ and Atrix to At&T. Both are first 4G phones, Both have excellent specs (cpu, memory etc..). Why such a huge difference in communication? I feel like Verizon owe us date and explanation!

paa79594

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
They don't owe us anything. Unfortunately, it'll be announced according to their plans. If only we had a way of knowing those plans...

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
It's not some conspiracy or anything like that.

What we are experiencing is a classic example of VZW's achilles heel - customer communication. They do so many things right, but pre-sale communication with customers has always been a problem. And the TB / Bionic are prime examples of this.

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
They don't owe us anything. Unfortunately, it'll be announced according to their plans. If only we had a way of knowing those plans...

With each passing hour, I become more and more convinced that there is NO plan. How can there be? There are TV commercials, banner ads all over the web, and anyone that sees them and calls Verizon gets "uh... um... uh..." The plan is obviously NO PLAN.

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
With each passing hour, I become more and more convinced that there is NO plan. How can there be? There are TV commercials, banner ads all over the web, and anyone that sees them and calls Verizon gets "uh... um... uh..." The plan is obviously NO PLAN.

Yeah they suck. Every page on Android Central, you get Thunderbolt AD, if you click on it. it says comming soon. WTF.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

There is a plan... a poorly formulated, poorly executed plan.

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
And yet, most people on this forum that makes up less than %1 total of VZW's customers will still run out and buy a TBolt. Followed by the MILLIONS of customers that don't know the phone even exist yet.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
And yet, most people on this forum that makes up less than %1 total of VZW's customers will still run out and buy a TBolt. Followed by the MILLIONS of customers that don't know the phone even exist yet.

I doubt they will sell millions of this phone.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Don't forget, there only about 3% of users who writes on this forum. Most just read :)
If you look at the views of main vz and bb thread, they are 50,000 + each. LOL. 50k is way more then just 1%.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Verizon just launched the iPhone. There may have been some sort of contractual agreement with Apple or they just want to build more hype with all the commercials so the phone sells like crazy. They have not made any date announcements yet but it's a sure bed this will be out on or before March given some of the print advertisement I've seen. I'm patiently waiting for this phone.

durangojim#AC

Banned
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
They're not playing games, we are. They said it would be out Q1, it was all of us and the blogs, and tweets who said "it's coming Feb 14, no Feb 17, no the official word is Feb 24" but no one from VZW has said what date it's being released. We're all like little kids asking their parents when can the have a lollypop, "soon" the parent says, and then the kids get upset that "soon" doesn't mean 5 minutes.

Reactions: Guntherm

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
To me it's more like AT&T is the one playing games. The Atrix is not a true 4G phone. They are pulling a T-Mobile after whining about T-Mobile calling their HSPA+ network 4G. All AT&T knows how to do is whine and then deceive even more than the original deceiver when nobody listens to their whining.

All of AT&T's commercials that say "America's fastest network is getting even faster with 4G" even have a diclaimer in fine print at the bottom that says "4G speeds will be delivered through HSPA+".

So to me, while Verizon may not seem like they have a game plan, they are in a lot better shape than AT&T. The fact that AT&T is starting to call their HSPA+ network 4G tells me that they are content with that for right now and their LTE network may be delayed. So if I were an AT&T customer, I would be more upset.

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget, there only about 3% of users who writes on this forum. Most just read :)
If you look at the views of main vz and bb thread, they are 50,000 + each. LOL. 50k is way more then just 1%.

I'm unsure if "views" on these boards are unique visitor views, or simply page refreshes / reloads.

Despite that, the quickest thing I could find is from Oct 2010, indicating VZW has about 93,000,000 (million) customers. %1 of that is is over 900K customers. Heck, 50K "views" isn't even %0.1 of it's customers. I'm not posting random statements I make up.

Verizon adds fewer customers than AT&T in Q3, race for first place gets tight -- Engadget

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm unsure if "views" on these boards are unique visitor views, or simply page refreshes / reloads.

Despite that, the quickest thing I could find is from Oct 2010, indicating VZW has about 93,000,000 (million) customers. %1 of that is is over 900K customers. Heck, 50K "views" isn't even %0.1 of it's customers. I'm not posting random statements I make up.

Verizon adds fewer customers than AT&T in Q3, race for first place gets tight -- Engadget

It's unique page views. If you refresh the page or visit the page from the same account, it only counts it as 1.

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I think it is safe to say that Verizon has mishandled at best or completed fumbled the launch of an outstanding device. The only reason that i can guess as to why it has been so poorly handled is the introduction of the iphone 4. The people at HTC have to be frustrated. This should be a major release for VZW and they have treated it like is was a Razr refresh.

mgymnop

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I think it is safe to say that Verizon has mishandled at best or completed fumbled the launch of an outstanding device. The only reason that i can guess as to why it has been so poorly handled is the introduction of the iphone 4. The people at HTC have to be frustrated. This should be a major release for VZW and they have treated it like is was a Razr refresh.

Exactly, this is dilettantish. Now it is MWC and you hear about the Desire S, the Incredible S and Wildfire S and you have the feeling you will buy an old phone with the TB. They waited too long. I will buy the TB and I will be happy but I am sure there are enough people that will say know I skip and wait for the newer generation of android phones...

durangojim#AC

Banned
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site

Exactly, this is dilettantish. Now it is MWC and you hear about the Desire S, the Incredible S and Wildfire S and you have the feeling you will buy an old phone with the TB. They waited too long. I will buy the TB and I will be happy but I am sure there are enough people that will say know I skip and wait for the newer generation of android phones...

First, VZW said it would be released Q1, no specific dates -- we all made that up.
Second, if the phone had been released this week or last week, you'd be happy, but one month or less later will make you feel that the phone is outdated?
Third, some should be glad they waited to release it so people could see what would be available later in the year as evidenced by MWC.

People get so attached to these devices, it's like sports teams. They "win" by having the "latest and greatest" and get upset when they don't think their device will fit that image for very long. That's one reason why android and apple fanboys are always insulting each other, they think that it makes them a cooler or better person by having a superior phone, which is just silly.

Reactions: dajogejr

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Honestly...
I hope all those who are now thinking of NOT buying the T Bolt don't buy it.
Simple reason...I'll get mine sooner.

Nothing you buy is the best and fastest for long.