Little advice Please Fast

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
wtf i totally missed that. So i went to verizon and put my address in and it says im in 4g so dam now i think i need to send this iphone back... and wait for this phone like everyone else lol

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Actually it will do data and talk even over 3G - having 4G service is not a requisite :D

The Thunderbolt allegedly has an SVDO radio as opposed to the more common EVDO radio and can therefore do data and voice at the same time over 3G.

But be warned, blackmanx (a Verizon network engineer and out favorite source for "leaks") stated that data speeds were rather slow while doing this and that you should only expect 200-300 kbps while on a call.

But it will be a great feature for when you are tethering or using navigation and a call comes in

Dont really care about speed. I care that i wont miss anymore calls like i am on the iphone. I have had a few ppl say it goes stright to voicemail and others said its because of the service must of dropped to 1x evo or w.e. it is? My old phone was a dun but they blocked that on the iphone

Is dun dail up network blocked on all new smartphones? I was maybe thinking about getting a used phone just to let things settle before buying this one just to be safe

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
wtf i totally missed that. So i went to verizon and put my address in and it says im in 4g so dam now i think i need to send this iphone back... and wait for this phone like everyone else lol

I've been telling people everyday that Verizon is pretty much turning LTE on more towers daily, not monthly, or weekly, but daily. Verizon truly is trying to get LTE up and running as quickly as possible. I honestly expect them to get LTE nationwide sooner than the end of 2013, even if it is simply to be able to charge more for it because as of right now there is no indication that LTE data is going to cost more (for the time being anyway).

When they released the LTE data cards the pricing was the exact same as the regular EVDO cards. So while I am capable of paying an extra $10 or $15 a month for LTE, I don't think we'll have to just yet.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Dont really care about speed. I care that i wont miss anymore calls like i am on the iphone. I have had a few ppl say it goes stright to voicemail and others said its because of the service must of dropped to 1x evo or w.e. it is? My old phone was a dun but they blocked that on the iphone

Is dun dail up network blocked on all new smartphones? I was maybe thinking about getting a used phone just to let things settle before buying this one just to be safe

Fear not: This phone will allow you to do simultaneous data and voice, regardless of whether you are on 3G, 4G, or wifi. And you shouldn't drop any calls or have anyone go straight to voicemail

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Im thinking this phone with a ext bigger battery that fits the case nice and some modding it would be perfect?

But i cant get over sending my iphone back to go to the omnia 2 lol i should just keep my phone off and wait then lol

I dont know if its allowed but anyone know where i can get a cheap clean esn for verizon phone that is pretty good to use while i wait? I looked on the eba but there all going for alot...

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Im thinking this phone with a ext bigger battery that fits the case nice and some modding it would be perfect?

But i cant get over sending my iphone back to go to the omnia 2 lol i should just keep my phone off and wait then lol

I dont know if its allowed but anyone know where i can get a cheap clean esn for verizon phone that is pretty good to use while i wait? I looked on the eba but there all going for alot...

Don't do that. It's only 10 days until it is released. If I can deal with my Storm 1 for another 10 days, certainly you can handle your Omnia 2.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a Droid X and am going to the TB basically for the LTE but more importantly for Sense.

That said, my Droid X did work out of the box. I agree that if your friend is having to do battery pulls and the like he is either using a poorly coded custom ROM or he has a bad phone. If the second, VZW will replace it for him. If the first he should revert to stock or use a stable ROM.

As to the HTC, Sense is an outstanding implementation of Android. It is smooth and fast, visually very appealing and retains Androids openness. Also HTC is a VERY high quality hardware manufacturer.

As to the battery, we don't really know the endurance yet as the TBolt is using a much newer Snapdragon which is more power efficient. Even if it turns out to be a little weak, fear not. Typically Seidio will put out a high density battery with roughly a third again more capacity and fitting in the original casing.

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a Droid X and am going to the TB basically for the LTE but more importantly for Sense.

That said, my Droid X did work out of the box. I agree that if your friend is having to do battery pulls and the like he is either using a poorly coded custom ROM or he has a bad phone. If the second, VZW will replace it for him. If the first he should revert to stock or use a stable ROM.

As to the HTC, Sense is an outstanding implementation of Android. It is smooth and fast, visually very appealing and retains Androids openness. Also HTC is a VERY high quality hardware manufacturer.

As to the battery, we don't really know the endurance yet as the TBolt is using a much newer Snapdragon which is more power efficient. Even if it turns out to be a little weak, fear not. Typically Seidio will put out a high density battery with roughly a third again more capacity and fitting in the original casing.

hes on a stock rom no upgrades or changes just some apps installed.

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
lmao i just called verizon and told them i wanted to return the phone the dude was cool i just told him i didnt like the iphone and he was like yeah the thunderbolt is coming out in the next week or 2 you might want to try that

idk just funny

My only thing is i wounder should i wait a little or order the tb as soon as it comes out? I heard vz dont let you return more then 2 phones but i talk in chat and they said different after going back and forth so i dont know.

I just dont want to be stuck with a phone im not 75% happy with.

I checked out those batterys are they really all that great?

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you like your iphone?
yes=keep it and move on in life
no=get a bolt

Me...I am in the same boat as you (although I did buy an Iphone)...I think the bolt will be a lot of fun, this community is fun, the phone so far is getting great reviews...battery is a concern...we shall see!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12