If It's The 24th, Isn't It Time For An Announcement And Preorders?

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
so he is saying their will be no upgrade program on extending 1year contracts and if you want to start a new 1 year contract to obtain better pricing on new phone you cannot transfer number from old contract to new contract. that actually does make a little sense, but the big red flag is why would they give this info if they first told him their will be no 1 yr contracts? if their is no 1yr why would they give the extra info of if you have 1yr, here is the deal?

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
edizzle clearly you never understood what statement we referring to when we said that doesn't make any sense

bunique4life05 post stated that he was told "Furthermore when a 1 year contract is up you can't transfer your phone number to the next contract"

this is what we were saying is not true and doesn't make any sense and it was pretty clear thats what statement we were talking about and nobody had ever said that you said that

EDIT: i see that was already made clear before i posted this lol

Last edited:

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
so he is saying their will be no upgrade program on extending 1year contracts and if you want to start a new 1 year contract to obtain better pricing on new phone you cannot transfer number from old contract to new contract. that actually does make a little sense, but the big red flag is why would they give this info if they first told him their will be no 1 yr contracts? if their is no 1yr why would they give the extra info of if you have 1yr, here is the deal?

they have to let you transfer your old number to new contract by law what is it you don't understand?????

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Im just happy someone realizes VZ was smart to drop the NE2 deal. It was nice yes, but there losing a ton of money. Their constantly building more 4G towers while maintaining the best 3G in the nation. There doing tons for consumers. They need to do something to actually make money.

magikspl

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Im just happy someone realizes VZ was smart to drop the NE2 deal. It was nice yes, but there losing a ton of money. Their constantly building more 4G towers while maintaining the best 3G in the nation. There doing tons for consumers. They need to do something to actually make money.

You are sadly mistaken if you think the carriers are making their money from the handset sales...

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site

You are sadly mistaken if you think they aren't making money!

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site

In 2000 their estimated net worth was 190 billion dollars I think they are all right. NE2 broken down over a two year contract costs them between $4.16 and $2.08 per month depending on whether you get 100 or 50 credit. Terrible decision for them.

Reactions: MattInVA

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a BB Preorder as well, but plan on buying at VZW. I want the insurance on this phone from VZW. I have had several phones replaced through them and could not be happier with the service. I've read some stuff on BB's insurance and it is less than desirable. So until VZW announces it, I'm keeping my preorder at BB
I will have to look into the insurance.
Even if you buy the phone at BestBuy, you can still get the Verizon (Assurion) insurance. That's not a reason for not buying at BestBuy. Verizon insurance is $6/month, or $8/month to extend the manufacturer's warranty to 2-years.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I really like this forum and I try to be nice and non-preachy, but everyone needs to chillax a wee bit :p

In the past 24 hours we have threads started that say the TB will be 3G-only at launch, there will be no Skype, Netflix is never coming to the phone, release dates are pushed back to March, and now there will never be 1-year contracts anymore

These are nothing more than unsourced rumors, yet half the people here read the rumor and start breathing into a paper bag and the forum is beginning to implode on itself

I got nothin but love for y'all, but let's all just hang tight for another week and get some hard facts from Verizon before we all start going nuts, mmmkay?

:D

Reactions: rbfromma

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I really like this forum and I try to be nice and non-preachy, but everyone needs to chillax a wee bit :p

In the past 24 hours we have threads started that say the TB will be 3G-only at launch, there will be no Skype, Netflix is never coming to the phone, release dates are pushed back to March, and now there will never be 1-year contracts anymore

These are nothing more than unsourced rumors, yet half the people here read the rumor and start breathing into a paper bag and the forum is beginning to implode on itself

I got nothin but love for y'all, but let's all just hang tight for another week and get some hard facts from Verizon before we all start going nuts, mmmkay?

:D

that is terrible advice! just let the chaos ensue!! let the bells ring and fights begin.

my VZW rep told me that VZW is selling to ATT and converting entire network to gsm, losing LTE, and that all current and future phones are being scrapped. that is why their is the delay. its not coming! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;););)

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
<joke post>

I have a source who says that Verizon is looking to start improving and heavily marketing their 1-year contracts. The theme is "relaxation." You can relax knowing Verizon's got your back when something new comes out. To go with this theme, they're giving free massages while your phone activates. You also get a coupon for 10 free massages between now and the end of your contract.

(Depending on how sketchy your Verizon store is, a happy ending may be included.)

</joke post>

Reactions: itsdollar

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
<joke post>

I have a source who says that Verizon is looking to start improving and heavily marketing their 1-year contracts. The theme is "relaxation." You can relax knowing Verizon's got your back when something new comes out. To go with this theme, they're giving free massages while your phone activates. You also get a coupon for 10 free massages between now and the end of your contract.

(Depending on how sketchy your Verizon store is, a happy ending may be included.)

</joke post>

funny stuff!!!

martin erwin

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Straight up, the OP could not have been in a corporate Verizon store.

First, there are no TB ads at VZW stores yet

Second, VZW has never required a deposit for pre-order.

Third, only 3rd Parties like BB don't do 1 year contracts.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Even if you buy the phone at BestBuy, you can still get the Verizon (Assurion) insurance. That's not a reason for not buying at BestBuy. Verizon insurance is $6/month, or $8/month to extend the manufacturer's warranty to 2-years.

Yea i must agree. I would rather buy at VZ. Only reason im not is im paying full retail so i need the discount. BB doesn't offer more of an advantage. Especially if your paying retail since we mark UP our phones lol. Damn i just made us sound horrible lmao

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I like to buy at the corporate Verizon stores,so I can charge it to my account,if I don't have the money.

Yea i must agree. I would rather buy at VZ. Only reason im not is im paying full retail so i need the discount. BB doesn't offer more of an advantage. Especially if your paying retail since we mark UP our phones lol. Damn i just made us sound horrible lmao

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch