Considering buying Droid X, and returning for Tbot within 14 days

LinxuSx

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
So I have a blackberry tour and it barely even makes phone calls any more.. I have to use the speaker phone to get it to work haha.

So I was thinking about going into Best Buy and picking up the Droid X, so if the Thunderbolt comes out within the next 14 days, I'll just exchange it, but if not I'll just stick with the Droid X.

Any reason not to do that? I'm sick and impatient from waiting.

Also, what are the chances that the Thunderbolt does not even come out this month? Is that even a possibility at this point?

Also, the DINC is free right now on a 2 year contract.. should I check that out too?

mully

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Instead of buying the X now, I would just be a little more patient and wait for the 24th when the Tbolt will be here.

You'll be able to actually feel it in your hands and put it through it's paces. Then you can make your final decision.

I don't think buying a phone with the intention of returning it within 2 weeks is very ethical. And as ethical as Best Buy is, I like to do the right thing.

Wha Wha WHATTT?????? Hot Damn! That was a hell of a dream.....Best Buy ethical?? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I believe you have to pay a $35 restocking fee btw.

I like the Incredible better then the X (moto :( )

I would wait..I am waiting... :confused:

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
You also lose out on the chance of (yes I'm stating it) wanting to return the TBolt after 14 days. Your days will not refresh when changing phones on a new contract.

LinxuSx

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
You also lose out on the chance of (yes I'm stating it) wanting to return the TBolt after 14 days. Your days will not refresh when changing phones on a new contract.

Great point. God lets hope that there is no reason to return the phone within 14 days for an older one...

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
As far as spec wise, the Dinc is not better. Bootloader wise, yes it is. However, you can load custom roms and even overclock the X. Benchmarks for the X are way btter then the Dinc. Im waiting for the Thunderbolt, I currently have the X. It really depends on if ur goin to root and install custom kernals which one to get as far as the Dinc or X.

ua7aspec

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
if you want to stay within good ethics and morals....just try to look for either the Dinc or X for a good price on craigslist. Then put it up for sale when the Bolt comes out. You should be able to get most of your money back.

LinxuSx

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
if you want to stay within good ethics and morals....just try to look for either the Dinc or X for a good price on craigslist. Then put it up for sale when the Bolt comes out. You should be able to get most of your money back.

i'm 21 and dating a girl from hooters, my ethics are pretty minimal.. haha. but no i do appreciate the input. I'll blame my unethical behavior on Best Buy taking $50 from me and offering nothing but a "Coming Soon" in exchange.

LinxuSx

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
off to best buy to get a DINC.. $0.00 with 2 year contract. Hopefully the TBolt comes out within the next 14 days!

Can't take this freaking Blackberry Tour anymore..

green77

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't think VZW thinks it's unethical because in one of my online chats (posted in a thread somewhere here) with them they told me to get a phone and return it within 14 days while I wait for the TB.

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
off to best buy to get a DINC.. $0.00 with 2 year contract. Hopefully the TBolt comes out within the next 14 days!

Can't take this freaking Blackberry Tour anymore..

Just to be sure you may want to wait until Sunday. That way you can be sure (well alomost) that TBolt will be released 2 weeks from Sunday.

odiej34

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy is under the 15 day return policy that Verizon put into effect. They do NOT have a restocking fee. I bought a Droid X on Monday because the TB was not out. Mngr suggested it, knowing full well that I was coming back for the TB. Even reassured me that my pre-order will be there waiting for me. They just earned my future business. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol