what beer will you be drinking while you play with the TB??

tomskag

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
im tired of the he says she says bullsh*t ~ fred durst...

what beers do you guys and gal drink when youre not laboring over your keyboard in anticipation of a new phone?

i live in northwest indiana so i drink alot of Three Floyds Alpha king. when im not drinking that its either coffee stouts or american IPAs.

just wanna break up the monotony, share your favorite brews. :)

Reactions: JM4G1C

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm from the PA area so my 1st choice would be Yuengling but for some reason Ohio doesn't have it (one state over... ya... but they might be buying a brewery in Nashville, so soon)

Out here I'm hooked on Leinenkugel.

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
i live in northwest indiana so i drink alot of Three Floyds Alpha king. when im not drinking that its either coffee stouts or american IPAs.

just wanna break up the monotony, share your favorite brews. :)

I also live in Indiana and I can't seem to get enough of Fat Tire. When I go to a restaurant and it turns out they have it on tap I get as excited as a kid in a candy shop.

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Have a home brewed Dortmunder brewing in the basement...should be ready by the time I get around to the BOLT...If I cannot wait....I will be doing Sierra Nevada or Great Lakes Brewery (seasonal...Irish Ale)...

Great thread....

tomskag

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Yuengling is soooo good. i thought it was an asian beer when i went looking for it because of the name.

Leinenkugel got me hooked on craft beer (its my cats name now), now i kinda grewn out of it. summer shandy is great on the beach.

ive never had a hoegarden

you guys ever hear of dark lord day?

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yuengling is soooo good. i thought it was an asian beer when i went looking for it because of the name.

Leinenkugel got me hooked on craft beer (its my cats name now), now i kinda grewn out of it. summer shandy is great on the beach.

ive never had a hoegarden

you guys ever hear of dark lord day?

Summer Shady is one of those beers when you drink it you really are shocked at the fact it is pretty damn good.

I'm pumped that I'll be back in PA next week and then in Florida (second brewery plant there) second week of March so I will be downing some Yuengling like it's no bodies business.

tomskag

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Summer Shady is one of those beers when you drink it you really are shocked at the fact it is pretty damn good.

on the beach i put it in minute maid pop cases, and drink with no fear of authority. ( no beer on indiana beaches)

i woulldnt have thought there would be such a big craft brew fanabase on this forum :confused:

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried Summer Shandy and thought it tasted like ass. I'd rather have a Mike's Hard Lemonade. Now Berry Weiss on the other hand... that is tasty. And my mom likes it. And she HATES beers. Yeaaaa MOM!

tomskag

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Have a home brewed Dortmunder brewing in the basement...should be ready by the time I get around to the BOLT...If I cannot wait....I will be doing Sierra Nevada or Great Lakes Brewery (seasonal...Irish Ale)...

Great thread....

my buddy is just finishing a homebrew

going for an American ale with coriander and orange peel with a dash of amarillo hops. think blue moon minus the wheat

tomskag

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I tried Summer Shandy and thought it tasted like ass. I'd rather have a Mike's Hard Lemonade. Now Berry Weiss on the other hand... that is tasty. And my mom likes it. And she HATES beers. Yeaaaa MOM!

there lies the problem with most leinies, the beer tastes too fruity..
i like my beer so bitter and hoppy that the enamel on my teeth dissapears.

on the other hand leinenkugel just released their Russian emperial stout, and thats very good. 11% 12 dollar 4 pack yum

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
... on the other hand leinenkugel just released their Russian emperial stout, and thats very good. 11% 12 dollar 4 pack yum

Now that sounds interesting. May have to give that a try. Is that 12oz. bottles? Sounds tasty.

Once it hits your lips its so good!

botero

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I'll be skipping the beer and sipping on a Martinez made with Hayman's Old Tom Gin, Dolin Sweet Vermouth, Maraschino, homemade Orange Cardamom Bitters, and a nice swath of orange peel.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'll be having 6 pack of Bells Oberon Ale which is made in Kalamazoo Mi its going to be a fun first night with the thunderbolt

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm originally from Portland, so I'm partial to Widmere Brothers beers, specifically Drop Top Amber Ale, but I'll try any Hefeweizen I can get my hands on. Black Butte Porter (Decheutes Brewery) is also really good. I moved to Utah a couple years ago, which is famous for a lack of good beer, but I found one recently called Polygamy Porter. The tagline: "Why have just one?". It's surprisingly good, too.

I could never really get in to IPA, but not for lack of trying. A lot of people swear by it, but not this guy.

Also New Castle. Good stuff.

"Thank you, microbreweries, for making my alcoholism seem like a fun hobby" - Jimmy Fallon.

tomskag

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I'll be skipping the beer and sipping on a Martinez made with Hayman's Old Tom Gin, Dolin Sweet Vermouth, Maraschino, homemade Orange Cardamom Bitters, and a nice swath of orange peel.

you sound like a gentleman, i sip knob creek on the rocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude