Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Smile ThunderBolt promo video - Introducing the HTC Thunderbolt

This looks official, but it's a 3rd party company that produced it. Cool commercial, regardless.

Edit 2: As promised, here is the full 1080p version. Enjoy!

Edit 1: The vid appears to be private now. I have the 1080p version at home that I'll upload after work. :\

Original link:
    Last edited by paulmike3; 02-17-2011 at 04:26 PM.
    Thanked by 5:

ROM
    Infected Eternity/stock

Quote Originally Posted by paulmike3 View Post
    This looks official, but it's a 3rd party company that produced it. Cool commercial, regardless.

That's a perfect HTC commercial if I've ever seen one... If it is truly from a third party creator, and not affiliated that is some DAMN good work.
    Thunderbolt Saga > Brett Favre Saga
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt2011 View Post
    That's a perfect HTC commercial if I've ever seen one... If it is truly from a third party creator, and not affiliated that is some DAMN good work.
    Yeah, definitely commissioned work.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts

looks official...they use companies all the time to make commercials and ads....this might not be meant to be seen because it says upload for demo prob for the client

ROM
    BAMF Cubed!

yeah, that is for sure, commissioned work. That is high quality work. No way a company like that would do that just for fun.

ROM
    Infected Eternity/stock

Quote Originally Posted by djcyph View Post
    looks official...they use companies all the time to make commercials and ads....this might not be meant to be seen because it says upload for demo prob for the client
    Well, if it's not meant to be up there and gets taken down, I have it on my phone now.

Awesome
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Well, if it's not meant to be up there and gets taken down, I have it on my phone now.
    I grabbed the 1080p version too.

great find. would love to see it on a vzw site.

ROM
    Infected Eternity/stock

Just had a thought:

What if "demo reel" means audition for an advertising job? I mean that IS the correct terminology, I believe... And there are other ads (or "ads") on his page.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This looks like its intended for the Thunderbolt site when it goes active. Another sign of impending launch?

It's a really good commercial but seems a bit to long for my liking. Probably because there's no freaking release date shown anywhere, LOL!

Global Posts
    978 Global Posts
    ROM
    LiquidICSv1.5 MR3V1 JMOD

Commercial was meh.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

lol... it's gotta be training material or an interactive guide to the device, based on the last screen and comments.

The date on the phone says tues nov 16th! the next time nov 16th hits on a tuesday is 2021! you know what that means!

sorry, i felt the need after seeing the date on the phone

but on a more serious note, there are trademark stuff for htc so it does look legit. that and the "chapters" at the end point towards an interactive site. finally some progress from the two companies that matter

ROM
    BAMF Cubed!

Quote Originally Posted by brum08 View Post
    The date on the phone says tues nov 16th! the next time nov 16th hits on a tuesday is 2021! you know what that means!

sorry, i felt the need after seeing the date on the phone

but on a more serious note, there are trademark stuff for htc so it does look legit. that and the "chapters" at the end point towards an interactive site. finally some progress from the two companies that matter
    EXACTLY what i was thinking. Since there is TM stuff, it has to be legit or there would be pending legal issues. AND, the chapters at the end is definitely for an interactive site, probably from HTC not VZW. VZW is using more of the Thunderstorm kind of ads where HTC is using the notebook kind of ads. Does that make sense?

ROM
    Infected Eternity/stock

Quote Originally Posted by corn4ahead View Post
    EXACTLY what i was thinking. Since there is TM stuff, it has to be legit or there would be pending legal issues. AND, the chapters at the end is definitely for an interactive site, probably from HTC not VZW. VZW is using more of the Thunderstorm kind of ads where HTC is using the notebook kind of ads. Does that make sense?
    It does make sense. That and the text styles and all that is what made me think HTC, and not Verizon.

They didn't say the word "YOUYOUYOUYOUYOU" a million times though. Only about 5 or 6 I think. Clearly a fake, after realizing that.

Note that one of the tags on the video is "Mocha". The codename for the ThunderBolt was Mecha. Perhaps they meant Mecha but made a typo when posting it.
    My tech timeline: 1981 - First programmed. 1986 - First modem connection. 1993 - First Internet SLIP account. 2000 - First broadband connection. 2003 - First BlackBerry. 2011 - First Android.

ROM
    BAMF Cubed!

Adding comments have been disabled...hmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by RichardClark View Post
    Note that one of the tags on the video is "Mocha". The codename for the ThunderBolt was Mecha. Perhaps they meant Mecha but made a typo when posting it.
    Dunno if you are joking, but I think that's because the youngsters(me included) these days are enjoying coffee, and that is what 99% of this commercial involved. But, you could be right. Just an observation

ROM
    Infected Eternity/stock

Quote Originally Posted by corn4ahead View Post
    Adding comments have been disabled...hmmmmmm
    I think mine was the only comment, anyways. Lol

There were two comments. I tried to post one as well but kept getting a message saying "Error. Try again.". I eventually refreshed the page and noticed that comments had been disabled. So that means the owner was watching the page. At least they didn't take the video down!
    My tech timeline: 1981 - First programmed. 1986 - First modem connection. 1993 - First Internet SLIP account. 2000 - First broadband connection. 2003 - First BlackBerry. 2011 - First Android.

ROM
    Infected Eternity/stock

Oh, I didn't get to see the second one. Mine was just asking if it was an actual HTC/Verizon commercial, or just a project of some sort for himself. To which I got no response unsurprisingly.

I asked the same thing on his channel page, so we'll see. So sick of that little phrase... Holy crap.

Well its a good thing you got it cause they made it private...

ROM
    Infected Eternity/stock

Quote Originally Posted by TebTeb View Post
    Well its a good thing you got it cause they made it private...
    My comment questioning it was deleted on his page as well. I suppose I could put it up on YouTube, if anyone asks about it tomorrow. Otherwise I think someone else said they had it in better quality.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast