Thunderbolt release date...interesting

Kazer

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
He was given some false information. The Bionic will not be out within four weeks of the TBolt unless they push the TBolt back to Q2 which can't really happen at this point.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the reason I don't believe it is because my company's corporate Verizon rep said that the Bionic more than likely won't be out until at least May and maybe June.

Now maybe it's true that the Thunderbolt, Revolution, and Samsung's phone will be out really close together since they all are very similar, but each has their own exclusive feature. However the Bionic will not release within a month of the Thunderbolt. That's the whole reason I'm really thinking about getting the Thunderbolt.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
There's no way all the manufacturers would agree to that. It makes no sense whatsoever. Also, the blogger misinterpreted the Skype/hotspot comments he got from VZW. Of course it will support it -- just not (necessarily) at launch.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Quite frankly I'm surprised about the fact that HTC is the first to release because I think the Thunderbolt is the best all around phone save maybe the Bionic.

I mean specs wise the Thunderbolt doesn't seem like it's really missing anything except the dual core processor. I would think the order of release would be Samsung, Revolution, Thunderbolt, then Bionic.

Just be happy that it didn't play out that way.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Guys, remember, if what blackmanx said is true (that this phone was slated for release in March but has been moved up to February), then this phone hasn't been "delayed". Quite the opposite, in fact. Now it's release has been expedited

Was going to launch in March, now going to release in February - Why does that piss everybody off in here? :p

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Guys, remember, if what blackmanx said is true (that this phone was slated for release in March but has been moved up to February), then this phone hasn't been "delayed". Quite the opposite, in fact. Now it's release has been expedited

Was going to launch in March, now going to release in February - Why does that piss everybody off in here? :p

Because Panda confirmed the 24th. If that changes, it would be, in fact, delayed.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I just went back to look at his tweets...hadn't seen the first one you linked but saw several others dancing around the 24th and interesting back and forth with him and miami....

Thanks.