Do you think it's possible the TBolt won't be the 1st LTE phone on Verizon?

blueyzfr6

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if Motorola, Samsung or LG just go to Verizon and say; here our LTE phone is ready NOW!!!! Release it!!!

That would be cool:cool:

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if Motorola, Samsung or LG just go to Verizon and say; here our LTE phone is ready NOW!!!! Release it!!!

No, I know for a fact that the Bionic won't be ready until at least May from all the reports I'm hearing.

Like I said in another thread, given the specs of the Thunderbolt and the rest of the non-dual core LTE phones, I'm surprised that the Thunderbolt is being released when it is.

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
HTC hasnt even been doing anything about the phone... makes me start to wonder if I actually want it... may go with the bionic just because it seems like the thunderbolt has become VZW's red headed step child.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
HTC hasnt even been doing anything about the phone... makes me start to wonder if I actually want it... may go with the bionic just because it seems like the thunderbolt has become VZW's red headed step child.

It probably has a lot more to do with VZW being overly cautious with their first LTE phone. They want it to run properly and smoothly from day 1 so they're willing to delay to make sure that happens.

There could still be issues with the phone or how the network operates with it.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

Based on my hands on time with all 3 phones at CES, I would say there's a better chance that the Sehawks will actually win the Superbowl someday than the TB being 2nd to any of those phones.

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Based on my hands on time with all 3 phones at CES, I would say there's a better chance that the Sehawks will actually win the Superbowl someday than the TB being 2nd to any of those phones.

Haha, a team with the name Seattle in it winning a title? That'll never happen. I've always said that if we move them to Tacoma (eww) or Bellevue or somewhere else and they'll win no problem.

(lol the Everett Seahawks, I can see it now)

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Well isnt the issue with the LTE opiton and not so much the phone? meaning other LTE phone may have the same proble and would be pushed back too... not to mention VZW is using this as there LTE test subject, there for they would not muddy up its implementation with things like dual core PS and what not.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Droid-Life has a screenshot of the Samsung 4G device in their system with MAP pricing. And with the 24th not happening, and no release date in sight, it would seem possible that this device may only be the first device by a week or two.

durangojim#AC

Banned
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to hold off on buying the TB unless it comes out on Thursday. It seems that we might be very close (over the next couple of months) to getting a slew of new phones, and I don't feel like wasting an upgrade on something that might not be as good as what comes out in 2 weeks.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Droid-Life has a screenshot of the Samsung 4G device in their system with MAP pricing. And with the 24th not happening, and no release date in sight, it would seem possible that this device may only be the first device by a week or two.

I was under the impression the TB would be out for a few months at least before any other 4G phones were out, which is why I was pretty much set on getting it upon release. But if by the time TB comes out, it seems like other 4G phones are within days/weeks of being released I think I will have to try really hard to wait and see. arghhh.... Every time I read this forum I start to hear Tom Petty singing -- the waiting is the hardest part.

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't really matter if there's no LTE network to use in your area when it comes out...

I've got 4G...and have had it for about 6 months. Uses a lot more battery. Can't wait for the battery threads regarding the Thundercat. Seriously. That will be the biggest complaint, and probably the only one. The Evo loves battery like my truck loves Diesel, but when you are operating either of them, it puts a ****-eating grin on your face.

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to hold off on buying the TB unless it comes out on Thursday. It seems that we might be very close (over the next couple of months) to getting a slew of new phones, and I don't feel like wasting an upgrade on something that might not be as good as what comes out in 2 weeks.

Oh hell no...The Thundercat will be relevant for a very long time regardless of when it gets released. Hell, my Evo is still VERY relevant. There isn't a single software program for a phone that it can't run...FAST. Don't dis the Thundercat; it's a helluva phone. (if it ever gets released)

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

will this be on Verizon?