View Poll Results: Will you continue to wait for TB and remain loyal?
- 164. You may not vote on this poll
- 02-19-2011, 08:27 PM #2
- 02-19-2011, 08:28 PM #3
- 02-19-2011, 08:33 PM #4
Skype is not a deal make or breaker for me at this time, sure so long as it comes later (not 4-6 months later) I'm cool with it.
What I do find irritating is the pre-order debacle Verizon/BB cuased (both are at fault) and then the lack of real info. I have funds gied go dhem an at this point if it doesn't come out sonish then I will liklelh ollwa r
- 02-19-2011, 08:42 PM #5
- 02-19-2011, 08:54 PM #6
- 02-19-2011, 08:55 PM #7
For the reasons you stated, I'm not leaving the phone behind. If march hits without the phone (or at least an officially announced date for the first week of March), no matter what features it has, I'm done with it.
But again, having Netflix on my Xbox, Laptop, and Desktop is enough. I hate Skype too, so that's a non-factor either way.Thunderbolt Saga > Brett Favre Saga
- 02-19-2011, 09:16 PM #8
- 02-19-2011, 09:20 PM #9
- 02-19-2011, 09:21 PM #10
- 02-19-2011, 09:24 PM #11
I am still waiting for this phone as well. SKYPE is not a make or break for me either, I think it will launch with the TB. Even if it doesn't I believe the forum when they say it will eventually.. As far as NETFLIX there is talk on forum that even though its not launching with TB it will just be a matter of time before we get it anyway's. I however do agree on one thing if it releases in march I will be persuaded to go with something else because at that point it will be outdated with tri and dual etc.... So we will just have to wait and see.
Regardless of everything we have herd or saw the TB is guaranteed to be a good phone whatever may come out afterwards. That is to say the speed of this phone and graphics are more then good enough for me for at least a year or two until the next big thing. The TB is destined to be a good choice for anyone who is pursuing it or thinking about getting one...
- 02-19-2011, 09:37 PM #13
Well sadly, I don't really have an option unless I elect to go phoneless for a length of time (which is barely an option for more than a couple days). As I've mentioned multiple times; I don't own a phone. My friend wants her Fascinate back ASAP, and I got her to let me use it until the "end of the month" which could mean a few days before March, the 28th, March 1st, who knows.
What I've come to know is that the Fascinate is a great phone, and would be a great alternative to buy from my friend if the TBolt doesn't drop soon. I'll save my upgrade for a later date, and be happy with my Fasc.Thunderbolt Saga > Brett Favre Saga
- 02-19-2011, 09:50 PM #14
- 02-19-2011, 10:05 PM #16
- 02-19-2011, 10:29 PM #18
- 02-20-2011, 03:51 PM #20
im out. the thrill (impulse) is gone. my Dinc works fine. i would have absolutely bought it on the 14th. i would have had to buy outright since my upgrade isnt available until august. i am going to be buying the xoom with that money and will have more fun with that for a while. i will use the xoom alot for business so its easy to justify expense. ill wait for my upgrade and see whats out or coming out.
- 02-20-2011, 04:30 PM #21
- 02-20-2011, 04:50 PM #22
- 201 Posts
- Das BAMF 1.4
Honestly, the phone I really want is one of the quad core or second gen dual core phones at the end of the year with Ice Cream (and with apps that will take advantage of multicore). The only way I'm going to get one of those in a timely manner is if I get this phone on 1-year. That alone is enough to make me not consider waiting for any phone upcoming. Add that to the fact that Motorola has basically flipped the bird to the consumer base that got them out of their rut (the geeks, especially the ones who root), and the Bionic isn't a phone I'd consider under almost any circumstance (unless I had no other choice).
I can certainly understand why some people might want to wait for the Bionic, but I think they're going to be disappointed (or, at the very least, not know that they gained very little for their extended wait) in the performance. Heck, dual core on the desktop took over a year to become viable with the exception of multitasking... which a phone will not do to the same extent a desktop does.
But in any case, you know we live in some exciting times when every 6 months something almost revolutionary is set to come out. There's no real wrong choices anymore... well, unless you're going to AT&T. >_>
- 02-20-2011, 05:04 PM #23
let me clarify, if someone got the wrong message. i am definitely not holding out for bionic. i will always (bar something groundbreaking) be a big HTC supporter, just not this one. i will actually probably wait until dual core "Tbolt" from HTC. i do not mind getting the xoom from moto since it is stock OS.
- 02-20-2011, 05:17 PM #24
- 02-20-2011, 05:54 PM #25
The delay cost Verizon 4 lines. Moved over to AT&T for the Atrix, because my phone was literally not functioning, and with no ETA on the Thunderbolt I just gave up. I might take advantage of my return window if the Thunderbolt comes out soon, but the fact that no one has review units, no firm date, no real knowledge, I'm done. I need a working phone.