The official "I got my Thunderbolt thread!"

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The one request I have for this thread is that only those who have the phone post in it. There are other ordering/pricing related threads. I opened this one specifically for those who want to let everyone know they have it.

zechs

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
GOT IT!

Was 3rd in line. They honored the verizon online price of $149 ($199 minus my NE2). Took forever to activate. Like 20 min. Seems to be working but i just got to work and havent had time to play. My contacts were all set up though (yay) and i am in the market downloading apps.

Does anyone else only show 1X? I havent seen 4G yet (and I am in NYC)

Wow, $149? Looks like I can get it for $169 ($219-$50 NE2) through the web so I'm hoping they can honor this price as well.

Heading over to the store in a few minutes. :)

Nytfemale

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have mine!! First one in middle TN!!!!

I have my Thunderbolt in hand!! I was the first in middle Tennessee to get one. Best Buy let me go in at 8:00 this morning. No one else wanted the early appointment! And no other stores in the area were opening early. I'm so tickled pink!! I've waited until I got home to open it so I can relish in the newness of it!! WOOT!!!!

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Got mine. I was fourth to arrive to the store in my car, but because the way the door was opened I was seventh to actually get it. Damn was I late to work, lol. Stupid people who want overpriced VZW accessories and such taking up so much time...

Anyway, uploading pics soon (taken with a Xoom!)...

https://picasaweb.google.com/ankitaggarwal/HTCThunderbolt

Here's a taste:
Lock%20Screen.jpg
Heavily%20Partitioned%20Internal%20Memory.jpg

Last edited:

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Got mine about 45 minutes ago. So far so good. It has the old market app on it though. I don't understand that. I'm not currently in a 4g area, so I can't comment on that yet. But when I get home I will update. Oh, and I was the first at my store in north Georgia.

Oh, one more thing, the rep told me the sim card can be used for overseas phone use. I didn'tknow this what a global phone. Anyone else hear about this?

Last edited:

veverkap

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Picked up mine at BJs today. First in line. Got it for $99 bucks ($199 discounted pricing - $50 NE2 - $50 corporate discount).

IT IS AWESOME!

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Paid the expected $249.99 for a 2 year contract. I've heard of people getting even 1 year contracts for less than that.

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Got to the VZW store at 8:30 and they were already open with two people at checkout. The lady I dealt with was very nice and fairly quick. She set me up with a 1 year contract and with my corporate discount only paid $230 out of pocket. It took about 20 minutes for the 4G to provision, but when running a speedtest with the app (the website automatically directs me to the app) I pulled 15,193kbps down and (an erronious) 29,574kbps up. Still playing around with it and will post my impressions later on.

This thing is super snappy!

AirlinerDudeB6

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Got mine in my hands as we speak! Feels so good to finally have it!

I was 2nd in line for Jacksonville, FL (Orange Park Store). Had about 10 others in line waiting for 9am.

Harreh

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Just bought my TBolt and....

I LOVE IT!! very smooth and fast. Charging the battery to full now, so we'll see how that goes.

How do you like yours??

ggpike

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Got it! This thing is awesome. I was first one in the VZW store this morning and the first one to get the Tbolt. Speed test results are insane. Rest in peace, Droid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21