The official "I got my Thunderbolt thread!"

Generalg

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
well I just tried to go snag a TBolt. The stupid verizon rep told me that I had to change to a Verizon plan and it would be over $40 more a month from what I have now.

I currently have the Alltel Smartpack 500 with unlimitted txt and data....

WTF

Fhiz

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Mines been purchased and being sent to me next day fed ex. Tomorrow!

Question, how long is the charging cable? I'm hoping a couple of feet?

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Wasn't able to get mine in store this morning due to early upgrade issues but mine is now on order from Verizon, thanks to the lady on the phone for working out my issue, and will be in my hands hopefully tomorrow.
That sucks man. You should get it tomorrow for sure if VZW has enough stock and truly guarantees overnight shipping.

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Checked out at 9:57. I'm a happy camper, but my BlackBerry is sobbing. :)

Was planning on going with the 1-year contract for $320, but found out I got a $50 company discount with the 2-year plan but not the 1-year plan. That made the difference $120 which I felt was too much for the pleasure of being able to give Verizon even more money in a year. Will have to see how I feel about that decision in 12 months.

Bottom line: $199 for the ThunderBolt on a 2-year contract ($250 - $50 company discount; no NE2 or annual upgrade involved), plus a car charger, leather holster case, and screen protectors. Probably won't use the screen protectors, but they were essentially free as a part of the package. Not 100% sold on the leather holster, but it will do until I have time to check out the third party options.

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Man did anyone see those awesome t-shirts they were wearing? I tried to con one away, but no dice.

Okay. 4G signal strong as hell(all full bars). Until I drove to work that is, no 4G here.
4. So far, I will say even my 3G signal apears to be better.

6. this puppy flies around the screen

2. No Skype (manager stated soon.. I cringed when he said that)
3. they do beleive Netflix will be a go(salt anyone?) LOL

Way more later... I am just hugging it tightly right now.

They said "T-shirts are for us only. You get to keep the phone." :(

No 4G in my area as well (but I go to NYC often). However, I agree that the 3G signal is stronger than on my Droid. In my office space at work, I seem to be in some weird dead zone where only half of my desk gets 3G. However, my T-Bolt says "I don't give a f-" and gets me 3G everywhere, although in the "dead zone" areas it can sometimes drop for a second before it kicks back in.

The device is definitely much faster than my 1.1GHz OC'd Droid. The Droid's OMAP was 550 MHz at release so OC'ing it to double isn't nearly as stable or even as good as this T-Bolt's processor. This feels just as fast as the ATRIX they were having us play with at work (I work for Big Blue). Sure, it won't do as well with games, but overall I believe this T-Bolt will be more than fast enough for every other application you'll ever use.

Skype will happen - it may be a while, but this phone is still touted around as an amazing device for video chat.

Netflix will happen for sure - LG Revolution can do it and both devices use the same DRM-capable processor that warrants Netflix (the company) to install their software on these devices.

zechs

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
No love from the VZW rep to give me the online price of $169.99 ($219.99-$50 NE2) at the store, so looks like I'll be ordering online. Would've loved to walk out of the store with it in hand, but saving an extra $40.00 is pretty nice.

fire n ice

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
well I just tried to go snag a TBolt. The stupid verizon rep told me that I had to change to a Verizon plan and it would be over $40 more a month from what I have now.

I currently have the Alltel Smartpack 500 with unlimitted txt and data....

WTF

According to jtron, the Smartpak plan is usable with the Tbolt. I say get the phone, then call the promotional 877 number and explain the situation. THey should get you set up right.

JayAndROID86

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
This phone is lightening fast, no pun. Luckily im in ATL so I do get LTE and boy this phone just flies

Im surprised I really thought this phone would be heavier its really not that heavy in your hands

Screen is beautiful... I came from Samsung Vibrant so I was use to AMOLED screen and thought this screen resolution would be a downgrade presently surprised... screen is just beautiful

Doesn't come with headphones but ohwell.

I'm in love!!!

And to make this day even better found out my school gives a discount on my bill of 18% AND waive activation fee so my 1yr contract total was 330. Not bad

dloseke

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Goodbye BB Storm1.....Mine is in hand and it was love at first sight....the again all I've done is set up my gmail and answer two calls but I had to get in here.

Only downside is the manager at my local store got a text stating there is a 20 minute delay in activating the TB in their switches. Mine made calls and received texts right away bot data took about 20 min to go active...

I cant help but wonder if the 8 person line in front of the store before opening and the 3 that came in right before was more interest than the iPhone4 had....

mpf

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
First to arrive at the local VZW store about 15 til opening but as I waited another half dozen showed up. Store opened on time but I held the door for the elderly geeks who wanted a t bolt. Still was the second person served but the store was packed with VZW people waiting for customers.
The kid who snagged me insisted on doing most of the setup but had a few issues which I fixed for him.
So far I'm loving this phone. Call quality is so much better than my storm (whose last battery pull was at 9:17am.) Have to get used to a touch screen which isn't a button. :)
Now to see what this baby can do....

Thanks AC for making this experience great.

EdForsythe

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
BMX - PLEASE Post Here!!

Can I post here even though I had mine in November? j/k looking forward to seeing those first impressions. its a awesome device and I am sure that lots of people will really enjoy it. As well as that pretty LTE network..

Panda
AFAIC, you have a gilt edged invitation and diplomatic immunity!:D IMHO, You are the "Prognosticator Supreme" and the "Grand Guru." Welcome Oh Mighty One:) (However, your latest poem is giving me pre-purchase buyer's remorse.) ;)
My apologies to the OP if I have overstepped my bounds -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech