what would I be missing if I went with the Incredible?

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
A slightly intangible thing is that over time the Thunderbolt will get some new things that the DInc won't. Like maybe, and it is unknown right now Netflix

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
you would be missing:

- 4G LTE (if you are in a 4g market)
- Kickstand!
- Dolby Sound
- Next-Generation Snapdragon
- Larger Screen (if you want it)
- Sense 2.0

To me, the thunderbolt is a great upgrade over the incredible and it is worth the wait.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
You'd be wise to read up on the Incredible's battery life and then see what you think. I thought it was the perfect phone and had been set on getting it until I read such widespread complaints about its battery, including from a couple of friends of mine who have Incredibles. They love it, but they don't love its battery. These are modern, full-featured, big-screened, connected smartphones, so none of them are great with battery life, and many require you to be careful about things like screen brightness, radio usage, certain kinds of app usage, and other settings, but it sounds like the Incredible is bad even within that context and has trouble making it through a full day without a lot of tweaking and miserly use. That's a dealbreaker for me. I don't want to have to worry about that or actively manage the thing throughout the day to make it through. I charge every night anyway, but I need a full day of average use plus a little cushion for unexpecteds. My information is all second hand, unlike the people posting here who own one, so take that grain of salt, but this is what my research turned up.

What we don't yet know, however, is how much better the TB will be in this regard. We know it has a worryingly small battery (many of us expected a bump up from the 2010 average, not a bump down), it has a substantially larger screen than 2010 average (eats more power), yet it has a 2nd gen processor which is supposed to use less power than the 1st gen. Between those factors and other power-management variables in the TB, we don't know what its battery life will be like over time for various usage patterns, so it's hard to say whether you'd be missing better battery performance if you got an Incredible instead. We do know that 4G apparently kills it within a matter of hours, but that appears to be the case for all of the first wave of 4G phones. I'm wait-and-see on the TB and no-thanks on the Incredible. Go google Incredible battery issues and see if it sways you or not. I'm sure the Incredible forum here has lots to say as well.

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
good to know....I have only four months left on contract and do not wish to use my upgrade on an older generation phone...can I just buy the phone at wall mart or something...get my number transferred over and not add two more years or burn my upgrade?

Does anyone know?

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
looks like on e-bay I could buy one for 200 bucks...wife and I both need new phones...this seems like a lot for a phone that will be replaced by the next big thing at some point this year..perhaps when the bolt gets released this will be the way to go...but then again once it is released...it will be what I want! If the phone was like 100 bucks I would buy two of them today!

Jace

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about going with the iPhone 4 if this gets delayed any longer. I purposely waited on 2/10 when it was released so I could compare it to the Bolt, but it may not be worth it at some point. Is LTE really going to be that much faster?

CyD13

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Thinking about going with the iPhone 4 if this gets delayed any longer. I purposely waited on 2/10 when it was released so I could compare it to the Bolt, but it may not be worth it at some point. Is LTE really going to be that much faster?

Much, much, MUCH faster. If you're going to get an iPhone, get the iPhone 5 at least.

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
If you got the Incredible, you would be missing out on a years worth of new tech. I have the incredible, and it is hands down the best phone I've ever used. Truly lives up to it's name. However, the Thunderbolt is a year newer. The processor smokes the Evo and Incredible with no contest. More RAM than the Inc and Evo. These two things are things people tend to forget since they aren't things you can see. But they translate to a lot of performance power.

It rocks new sense, ffc, kick stand, nice speakers, LTE if you are in the right area. All around solid package. The Incredible is incredible. But it is free for a reason. It is at the end of its cycle, so wont be seeing updates for long. Do yourself a favor and wait for Thursday to roll around. If it comes into stores, play around with it. If you like it, pick it up and give it a two week test drive, see how it sticks. Really, this is a phone worth waiting and paying for. Don't sell yourself short and sign to last year's model. Well. That's my two cents. At least wait until Thursday. Give the Bolt a chance to come out before you change your mind. I doubt the Bolt will let you down!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
And yes. Bolt is going to be faster than the iPhone, in processing speed and in data. If you have LTE in your area, it's like the difference between DSL and cable.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm still really po'd at BB but I prolly will wait out the week and see what happens. I'm really having a tough time dealing with my Storm 1 and trying to tell myself "You've waited this long what's another week?" but that isn't easy. Astrodroid's comments reminded me that I really do need to find a phone that will *not* give me the same grief my Storm does. Thank you all for your input.

DINGSTER1

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Glad I found this thread. I scored a DINC on ebay last week. I'm coming from a Tour. I'm holding out on upgrading until I see the new offerings.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have looked at eBay and here in the Marketplace, man used SP's are still to expensive for me :( so I'm stuck hanging onto my Storm until I can do an official upgrade.