what would I be missing if I went with the Incredible?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm fed up to here with BB's games on the TB and I'm real close to running out of patience altogether. So, I went over to the VZW site and saw the Incredible. I've never had an Android before so aside from the specs which I can read for myself - opinions and experience on what would I be missing if I just got the Incredible - and I would NOT buy it from BB. I see the price is much easier on the wallet for one thing. I don't have 4G here and won't for like 1-2 years anyway. I do like the fact that the TB is more square looking than long and rectangular. I don't need all the music stuff that the TB offers anyway. Thanks for your input.

Deb

LinxuSx

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up the incredible from best buy. they are selling them for $0.00 with the signing of a 2 year contract. If the TB comes out within 14 days, I will get that, if not i'll keep this Dinc. also, if you get it now, you get the buy back program for free.

Then again I was upgrading from a BB Tour, so anything was a huge upgrade.

anon(149276)

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Like you said, LTE, and a little bit of ram. Most other things are negligible like the camera quality and screen size. There would be a slight change in Sense too. If you don't have LTE in your area, I wouldn't worry about not getting the Thunderbolt. The Incredible is a great phone and so is the Thunderbolt.

magisternautaque

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I think the most important things you would sacrifice are bigger screen and video calling. And if you live or work in a city with LTE coverage, the data speed will be a huge factor.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm fed up to here with BB's games...

I completely understand your frustration and support your decision if you choose to grab an Inc.

But in all fairness, I don't think BB or Verizon is "playing games" as has often been mentioned by multiple members of this forum lately.

In regards to BB, I sincerely believe they were told they had a green light for the 14th, but had the rug pulled out from under them when it was discovered Verizon had a major LTE handoff issue. Verizon probs told them they couldn't sell it and had to wait, but Verizon let them take the blunt of the bad PR since they could get away with doing so. Shady move, but that's life

As for Verizon, the original release date was supposedly March, and the only thing Verizon ever promised was at CES when they said the first LTE devices would be here in March - so anything on or before that meets their promise. But the early release of the Atrix has forced their hand and blackmanx has suggested on twitter that Verizon's engineers are scrambling to get this thing out there earlier - all the way to the point now that Verizon seems to be releasing it early without some key features (Skype, mobile hotspot) just to get it into consumers hands to keep them happy

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the Incredible coming from BB it is a huge difference and improvement. I love the device. I have taken video on it and it is amazing what this device can do. Call quality is awesome and that is important to me. It is my only phone so it has to have great sound. My music also sounds amazing. My photos look good too. You can't go wrong with the Incredible. It is really a decent device.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Kickstand is nice, but I was able to hold a TB and I was a little concerned that the kickstand would get caught on things in my purse because it doesn't take much to open it. I thought it would take a little more muscle to snap it open but it's way easy to do. To easy in my opinion.

Due to the fact that BB cannot get an ad right and have printed the TB several times now as I understand it - as if it's ready for sale - I don't intend to give them my biz even at $0. They blew it far as I'm concerned. I don't care what the reason for the delay is anymore - they shouldn't be printing things until they are SURE they will have them in stock and for sale like their ad portrays they are. I'll give them the one time 14th fiasco, but this one ... I have no more forgiveness left in me.

The two things that are really drawing me to the TB is that wider screen and the more square look of it.

I'm thinking the Incredible (or any Android for that matter) HAS to be faster than my Storm 1 - is my thinking correct? Anyone go from a Storm 1 to an Android in the past year or so that would be willing to comment on that?

Like Linx above - I'm thinking anything is better than my Storm right now but I also don't want to make some huge mistake just cuz I'm currently p'd off right now.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of doing the same, Deb. I'd be coming from a BlackBerry Tour.

I don't mind not having a kickstand or hotspot (I don't have a computer or any wifi devices).

The FFC...not sure if I'd use vid calling.

The bigger screen I do want.

Will the DInc be getting Sense 2.0?

phil1995

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much anything out is better than the Storm 1. I have the Storm 2 and can not wait to ditch it for the TBolt. I feel you pain with the Strom 1, as I had it before the 2.

ASLgeek

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Other than the processor being 2nd Gen Snapdragon and of course the obvious specs (FFC, screen size, etc) you aren't really missing much. I have an Inc now and I love it but I do have LTE in all the areas I visit frequently so that's why I am upgrading to the TB. Camera shots are great, video recording is great. I have about 150 apps loaded and it's still running lightingsuper fast. Pretty durable because heaven knows I've dropped enough without any dings or scratches showing such. HTC for me has the best UI with Sense. I've only loaded music once and it didn't work out well but who's to say it wasn't my card or something I don't know. I have an iPod so I didn't feel like being bothered. I've been thinking about rooting and overclocking to test all tha stuff out. If you want to save money and you aren't expecting LTE for another 2 yrs I say go for it.

As far as OTAs go though with the Inc having been out for almost a year if and when we get Gingerbread (2.3 update) who's to say that the Inc will get that update but at this point no one knows if it will or won't.

I don't mind not having a kickstand or hotspot (I don't have a computer or any wifi devices).

The Inc does have hotspot. That came with the Froyo update and it works beautifully!

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
In regards to BB, I sincerely believe they were told they had a green light for the 14th, but had the rug pulled out from under them when it was discovered Verizon had a major LTE handoff issue. Verizon probs told them they couldn't sell it and had to wait, but Verizon let them take the blunt of the bad PR since they could get away with doing so. Shady move, but that's life

Games may not be the best choice of words - a store should NOT advertise something they don't have available for sale. Yes, I know it happens, that's what rain checks are for. One rug pulled - ok - but to me it's bad business to let it happen a second time. What you do after you get burned once, is you wait until you have the product in stock and THEN advertise it. A business plays w/their reputation when they allow stuff like this to happen especially when it could so easily be avoided.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

The FFC...not sure if I'd use vid calling.

The bigger screen I do want.

Will the DInc be getting Sense 2.0?

Nope. HTC never updates the Sense version of their phones and they haven't really done it since the TouchWiz (old Sense) days back on Windows Mobile

There are several ROMs that currently run a Desire Z port which will provide you with an unofficial version of Sense 2.0, though, if you wanna go that route to get Sense 2.0 on your Inc