Terrible PhotoShop Job

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Take a look at this link and click on the Best Buy Mobile Buyers Guide. When it opens up the cover large you can see the border around the Thunderbolt is all messed up. It looks terrible.

Flash View of Weekly Ad Circular - Best Buy

Just thought I would point this out lol

WOW! The funniest part is that it's on the straight portions of the phone. Those are by far the EASIEST parts to mask!

Seba617

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
WOW! The funniest part is that it's on the straight portions of the phone. Those are by far the EASIEST parts to mask!

haha yeah thats what i was thinking. i could understand it on the rounded parts, or by the volume rocker, but on the FLAT PARTS!!! REALLY???

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Take a look at this link and click on the Best Buy Mobile Buyers Guide. When it opens up the cover large you can see the border around the Thunderbolt is all messed up. It looks terrible.

Flash View of Weekly Ad Circular - Best Buy

Just thought I would point this out lol

It also says $299.99 if you go to page 8. WHAT THE HELL! I'll bring the ad with me just to be sure it's $249.99 when I pick it up ^.^

Edit: Clearly I've been beaten to this blasphemy v.v

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
There's a pretty good chance that BB is planning on selling it at $300 with the preinstalled 32 GB microSD and $250 without the card. Notice that the ad mentioning the $250 price also does not mention the card. But the SKU is the same for both prices.

Last edited:

bstmstrxellos

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
There's a pretty good chance that BB is planning on selling it at $300 with the preinstalled 32 GB microSD and $250 without the card. Notice that the ad mentioning the $250 price also does not mention the card. But the SKU is the same for both prices.

Best Buy can't sell the phone without the card. HTC has preinstalled the card in the phone. Best Buy would have to open up the phones and remove cards. If they do that, then they cannot sell the phone as brand new as the box is already open, and they would have sd cards that they couldn't sell as they would have no packaging for them.

Best Buy is probably going to claim that the price is $299.99, but its on sale for $249.99 so it feels like your getting a deal.

HTC ThunderBolt™ at Verizon

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy can't sell the phone without the card. HTC has preinstalled the card in the phone. Best Buy would have to open up the phones and remove cards. If they do that, then they cannot sell the phone as brand new as the box is already open, and they would have sd cards that they couldn't sell as they would have no packaging for them.

Best Buy is probably going to claim that the price is $299.99, but its on sale for $249.99 so it feels like your getting a deal.

HTC ThunderBolt™ at Verizon
Of course, we all know that HTC lists the card as preinstalled. But you also should know that cellular providers frequently sell their own versions of phones with various differences from what HTC has advertized. I hope you're right that Best Buy sells the phone for $250 and not $300, as advertized in their buyer's guide, but I don't think anyone knows for sure until they start selling it. All we know so far is that where Best Buy advertizes the phone for $250 they make no mention of the 32 GB microSD card and even when they do mention the 32 GB microSD card, with the price of $300, they also add a footnote that says "***Expandable Memory Storage (sold separately)." I started a thread over on Best Buy's website to try and get them to clarify their conflicting advertizing.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If u look in the paper, it says 249.99 "after savings". Read carefully. Still alot for a phone
Why wouldn't they list the price the same way in their buyer's guide, where they also say that the $299.99 price requires a new 2-year activation? Not sure, but IIRC, someone here early today saw both prices listed on their website, as if they were two items, but no stock available. Soon thereafter they were removed from the website. Edit: here's a link to his screenshot: http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...icing-ordering-discussion-103.html#post627266

It also has the "after savings" for the lower price, as well as the difference in mentioning or not the memory card. What do you you think they mean by "after savings"? $50 Discount from Verizon for NE2? Discounted price for buying a phone on contract?

Last edited: