Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Seba617's Avatar

    Posts
    76 Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Blackhole 3.0

    Default Terrible PhotoShop Job

    Take a look at this link and click on the Best Buy Mobile Buyers Guide. When it opens up the cover large you can see the border around the Thunderbolt is all messed up. It looks terrible.



    Just thought I would point this out lol
  2. #2  
    SUB-dawg's Avatar
    Nexus Lover

    Posts
    1,268 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB Build 4

    Default

    haha fail on best buy
    Follow me on Twitter!



    Add me on Google+

    Link
  3. #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seba617 View Post
    Take a look at this link and click on the Best Buy Mobile Buyers Guide. When it opens up the cover large you can see the border around the Thunderbolt is all messed up. It looks terrible.



    Just thought I would point this out lol
    WOW! The funniest part is that it's on the straight portions of the phone. Those are by far the EASIEST parts to mask!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Seba617's Avatar

    Posts
    76 Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Blackhole 3.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leehblanc View Post
    WOW! The funniest part is that it's on the straight portions of the phone. Those are by far the EASIEST parts to mask!
    haha yeah thats what i was thinking. i could understand it on the rounded parts, or by the volume rocker, but on the FLAT PARTS!!! REALLY???
  5. #5  

    Default

    um....why does it say 300 dollars now instead of 250? thats insane
  6. #6  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shawdzad View Post
    um....why does it say 300 dollars now instead of 250? thats insane
    Because it's 300. It's comparable to a 32 gig iPhone.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shawdzad View Post
    um....why does it say 300 dollars now instead of 250? thats insane
    In the weekly circular, it is listed as $249.99 w/ a 2 year contract... There's been speculation that this is a typo...
  8. #8  
    TBolt2011's Avatar

    Posts
    699 Posts
    ROM
    Infected Eternity/stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seba617 View Post
    Take a look at this link and click on the Best Buy Mobile Buyers Guide. When it opens up the cover large you can see the border around the Thunderbolt is all messed up. It looks terrible.



    Just thought I would point this out lol
    It also says $299.99 if you go to page 8. WHAT THE HELL! I'll bring the ad with me just to be sure it's $249.99 when I pick it up ^.^

    Edit: Clearly I've been beaten to this blasphemy v.v
    Thunderbolt Saga > Brett Favre Saga
  9. #9  

    Default

    If you go to the weekly ad and look at page 10 it says $249.99.
  10. #10  
    TBolt2011's Avatar

    Posts
    699 Posts
    ROM
    Infected Eternity/stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadlydreamx View Post
    If you go to the weekly ad and look at page 10 it says $249.99.
    Oh, I have it in print at $249.99. I just realized right away that $299.99 =/= $249.99. Lol
    Thunderbolt Saga > Brett Favre Saga
  11. #11  
    Chris Kerrigan's Avatar

    Posts
    3,877 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Two different prices listed...gotta love it.

    New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks
  12. #12  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    Two different prices listed...gotta love it.
    There's speculation that the $249 one might be a different SKU than the $299 one. The biggest difference in listing is the 32 GB memory card.
  13. #13  
    menji's Avatar

    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

    Default

    LoL at sitting here and making fun of photoshop fail =D
  14. #14  
    robrecht's Avatar
    Pretty good member

    Posts
    917 Posts

    Default

    There's a pretty good chance that BB is planning on selling it at $300 with the preinstalled 32 GB microSD and $250 without the card. Notice that the ad mentioning the $250 price also does not mention the card. But the SKU is the same for both prices.
    Last edited by robrecht; 02-20-2011 at 10:58 PM.
  15. #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robrecht View Post
    There's a pretty good chance that BB is planning on selling it at $300 with the preinstalled 32 GB microSD and $250 without the card. Notice that the ad mentioning the $250 price also does not mention the card. But the SKU is the same for both prices.
    Best Buy can't sell the phone without the card. HTC has preinstalled the card in the phone. Best Buy would have to open up the phones and remove cards. If they do that, then they cannot sell the phone as brand new as the box is already open, and they would have sd cards that they couldn't sell as they would have no packaging for them.

    Best Buy is probably going to claim that the price is $299.99, but its on sale for $249.99 so it feels like your getting a deal.

  16. #16  
    robrecht's Avatar
    Pretty good member

    Posts
    917 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bstmstrxellos View Post
    Best Buy can't sell the phone without the card. HTC has preinstalled the card in the phone. Best Buy would have to open up the phones and remove cards. If they do that, then they cannot sell the phone as brand new as the box is already open, and they would have sd cards that they couldn't sell as they would have no packaging for them.

    Best Buy is probably going to claim that the price is $299.99, but its on sale for $249.99 so it feels like your getting a deal.

    Of course, we all know that HTC lists the card as preinstalled. But you also should know that cellular providers frequently sell their own versions of phones with various differences from what HTC has advertized. I hope you're right that Best Buy sells the phone for $250 and not $300, as advertized in their buyer's guide, but I don't think anyone knows for sure until they start selling it. All we know so far is that where Best Buy advertizes the phone for $250 they make no mention of the 32 GB microSD card and even when they do mention the 32 GB microSD card, with the price of $300, they also add a footnote that says "***Expandable Memory Storage (sold separately)." I started a thread over on Best Buy's website to try and get them to clarify their conflicting advertizing.
  17. #17  

    Default

    If u look in the paper, it says 249.99 "after savings". Read carefully. Still alot for a phone
  18. #18  
    robrecht's Avatar
    Pretty good member

    Posts
    917 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevoskee View Post
    If u look in the paper, it says 249.99 "after savings". Read carefully. Still alot for a phone
    Why wouldn't they list the price the same way in their buyer's guide, where they also say that the $299.99 price requires a new 2-year activation? Not sure, but IIRC, someone here early today saw both prices listed on their website, as if they were two items, but no stock available. Soon thereafter they were removed from the website. Edit: here's a link to his screenshot: http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...tml#post627266

    It also has the "after savings" for the lower price, as well as the difference in mentioning or not the memory card. What do you you think they mean by "after savings"? $50 Discount from Verizon for NE2? Discounted price for buying a phone on contract?
    Last edited by robrecht; 02-21-2011 at 01:04 AM.
  19. #19  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevoskee View Post
    If u look in the paper, it says 249.99 "after savings". Read carefully. Still alot for a phone
    Its not that much, actually. A 32 GB iPhone 4 costs that much, and it doesn't have LTE.

Posting Permissions

B