Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [Official] Blackberry Convert Thread

I'm new to Android and the TB will be my first Android smartphone. I've been a BB user for almost 5 years now, and I'm sure this will be quite an adjustment. I currently have a BB Bold and was wondering if there are any former BB users out there are any tips they can share. I've seen some threads and articles but I'm not sure if it is all still relevant. Is there a BBM type app available for the TB?
    Last edited by iamlilysdad; 02-20-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Hi, ThunderBoltJason.
    Welcome to Android Central.

Happy to have you on board. Click on the posted link below.

http://www.androidcentral.com/jumpin...-you-need-know

good lookin out, this is exactly what i been lookin for....im moving from a storm 1 and was also curious about the transition.

Coming from Blackberry also. I have been using the time to read up on ROMS, Themes, Kernels and everything else I can think of. I use a lot of hybrids and beta apps on my Blackberrys so I'm itching to get this phone and start customizng it. Here and XDA has really helped me understand the basics.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

That article is awesome. Thanks for pointing it out.

Marcus I have a feeling we'll have a bit of an adjustment but the Storm was such a fail for me I can't imagine not liking the TB. I'm sure there will a lot of people switching.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (but rooted)

Like night and day. I had a Storm. You'll definitely find much more functionality, and a smoother operation to boot.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,034 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I changed the title. We always seem to have a lot of these pop up.

Let's here from all the Blackberry users (former as soon as the phone is released) about how much you guys LOVE Android.

And anybody that's already switched any tips you have for the people that are just now switching.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

sorry I probably should have searched a little better. thanks though because I'd still like to hear from my fellow BB converts

Welcome to Android!

That is a good article. Read it 3 times since last week. I have found all my comparable apps (and more) except BerryBuzz. I will still be fine though with everything else Android has to offer. I can't wait to get this phone.

I currently have a Blackberry Curve 8330. My Verizon contract expired clear over a year ago and I was waiting for an iPhone to come out for Verizon. When I finally saw the specs on the Verizon iPhone (not 4G phone, etc) I got fed up and started exploring Android phones. I really liked what I saw and had it been any earlier I probably would have gotten a Droid Incredible. When I saw the Thunderbolt, I knew that was the phone I wanted.

So here I wait.

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

Currently a BB Tour owner and anxiously waiting for the TB release. Been on a few BB's over the past few years.
    Was worried about the transition from physical keyboard but have heard from multiple users that it's not a major hurdle.

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Currently a Storm II owner, looking forward to getting my hands on my first droid, the Thunder Bolt.

Currently a Storm 1 owner. It's my fourth replacement, so five overall. I bought it on it's release date. Ooooops!!!

Quote Originally Posted by canesfan44 View Post
    Currently a Storm 1 owner. It's my fourth replacement, so five overall. I bought it on it's release date. Ooooops!!!

I'm right with you bro, 5 Storm1s also bought day 1

two questions... anyway to transfer text history to an android? and is there app like poynt for in the android market ??

I'm a day 1 Storm owner. I actually really liked it and kept with even though my contract expired back in November, and I was upgrade eligible in July. But the screen completely crapped out on me a week ago. I can't wait for the Storm 3, but even if it came out tomorrow I'm not thrilled about the leaked specs. I'm making out with my Bold from work, but I can't wait for the TB. I still think there a lot of good features about BlackBerry, so hopefully Android doesn't disappoint. These forums will be a huge help in the coming weeks!

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM

leaving Blackberry myself ... cant wait for the Tbolt and to experience android for the first time ... been reading and my head is full of information right now on ROMS, etc......

I'm with you @cebacon. I kept the Storm after upgrade eligibility in July and end of contract in November. I was turned off by the Storm 3 specs as they seem behind the times. I thought about iPhone4 when it came out on Verizon for about 1/2 minute, but decided better to wait for the 4G LTE since it was so close to coming out and I live in a 4G area. I liked international GSM on the Storm, but I don't travel internationally enough to give up 4G for Global.

Thanks for the earlier article on page 1 of the thread. I plan to re-read once my Thunderbolt finally arrives.

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

Coming from the Storm 2. Very excited about Android.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusjpitts View Post
    two questions... anyway to transfer text history to an android? and is there app like poynt for in the android market ??

Poynt is in android market.

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

I'm coming over from the 9650 Bold. I thought i would end up missing the keyboard, but I've tried typing on an EVO and honestly, i think I'll adjust quickly. I've even got the keyboard app already picked out. and reading this thread made me realize that I haven't even gotten my app set for transfer. time to start looking.

Hello all:

I'm coming from a Tour with a crappy trackball. Waiting patiently for TB, but I scored a DINC to try in the interim while my contract expires.

Thanks so much for starting this thread and to all you experienced Android users who are pitching in to help us Android newbies. I don't have mine yet but I hope to have the TB soon - IF they ever let us buy the darn thing, LOL! I will be checking this thread over at that point.

I would also like to say that all the people who have been members here before me have been very helpful and have been helpful without being snotty or uppety or anything else negative. Very refreshing and appreciated

BB to android convert...never looked back. I use Handcent for messaging...like it better than stock. Qik is similar to bbm but not as good, if you feel you need to have something similar. HANDCENT is fine for me.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast