Introduce Yourselves

canesfan44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Where are you from: I'm from Miami, Florida

Profession: I'm a student and work as a courier

Smartphone History: LG Envy, Storm

Phone you're switching from: Storm

What excites you most about the Thunderbolt: I want to say LTE, but, honestly, what excites me the most is that I will no longer have a Storm.

barnebyjones

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Where you're from: Currently residing in Mooresville, NC, moved from Lexington, Ohio.(loving the better weather, and people are very friendly down here)

Your profession: Adviser for Apple

Phone history: Nokia $10 phone > Virgin Mobile $20 phone > LG Chocolate > Env3 > Thunderbolt
The phone you're switching from: Env3(basically used for telling time)
What excites you most about the Thunderbolt! LTE reaching to my house so I can sit in my bed and download apps that I don't need.
And anything else you can think of: Working for Apple = laid.

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
From Milpitas,CA (Bay Area) currently residing in Montgomery AL (temp assignment)

Field Service Engineer for a large automobile manufacturer.

Handspring>> Kyocera smartphone>> Samsung i700>>> Samsung i730>> Palm >> iPhone>> Eris>>Incredible>>Storm1>>StormII>>BB Tour>>Droid>>Droid X>> too many to list !. :p

Love to know how 4G really works based on all the hype we hear.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I'm Deb ...

Where you're from: Wisconsin
You're profession: Full time German Shepherd Mom :) Web Designer and 911 Dispatcher for 27 years (and yes, my priorities are in that order, LOL!)
Smartphone phone history: Storm 1 - sorry folks that's it so far
The phone you're switching from: see above - not so patiently waiting to get an Android
What excites you most about the Thunderbolt! Will be my first SP *if* I don't run outa patience and go w/something else. I like the wider screen, more boxy shape and supposed Internet speed I will have. I don't know enough about Android to comment any further right now. Just got into texting a few months ago and I'm hoping the TB will be easier to use for that cuz my Storm sucks for it.
And anything else you can think of. I have 3 daughters (middle one's a locally famous radio personality) and 7 grandchildren, I hate my 911 job and can't wait to retire but considering what's going on in WI Govt right now doesn't seem like that's going to happen any time soon.

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Where you're from: Las Vegas

Your profession: Ops Management for Fortune 100 Consumer Goods Co.

Smartphone phone history: Moto Q, Samsung SCH-i760, Droid, Fascinate

The phone you're switching from: Droid

What excites you most about the Thunderbolt: Getting good data speeds in my work building.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Where you're from: Grand Rapids, MI

You're profession: Network Installer

Smartphone phone history: BB Curve 8310 and BB Storm 1

The phone you're switching from: BB Storm 1

What excites you most about the Thunderbolt: Big screen and Linux based OS (yes I am a Linux user so I am TOTAL going to geek out on this!!)... Also I spend alot of time on airplanes and watching moves on my laptop is not always a simple task, 40Gb will hold plenty of moves and music to get me though any flight or layover!!!

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm an IT Consultant in the Pensacola, FL area.

Had an old school black and white blackberry in 2004. Currently using a non-smartphone Samsung pressure sensitive touchscreen phone that is driving me crazy.

Thunderbolt will be my first Android and that excites me most. I love my Macbook and my iPad, but not even considering iPhone because I want to be able to customize. LTE will be nice when it comes to my area, but not a big factor.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Profession: Engineer/Software Developer
Smartphone phone history: Storm 1 -> BB Tour
The phone you're switching from: BB Tour
What excites you most about the Thunderbolt: Getting the Android experience! This will be my first Android phone. I know many that have Droids (D1, D2, and DX) and they all really like their phones. And I really have absolutely no interest in getting an iPhone.

There are some things that I worry about though coming from a BlackBerry, mainly the transition from QWERTY to virtual keyboard. I'm also a little worried about e-mail and how quickly that gets pushed (or pushed at all). There will be some transition issues and learning curves that I'll have to overcome, but I had to do the same when I went to my first smartphone.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Profession: Vice President ABC Logistics, Inc.
Smartphone History: BB World phone, BB Storm 1, Moto Droid, HTC Incredible
The phone I am switching from: HTC Incredible
What excites you most about the TB: Larger screen, 4g LTE.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
*Currently living in Troy, New Hampshire. Originally from Kathmandu, Nepal.

*Working in Human Services in Manchester, NH.

*Smartphone history: BlackBerry Storm - BlackBerry Storm 2 - LG Ally (just for a month) - Samsung Fascinate

*I am very happy with Samsung Fascinate except for the fact that incoming calls don't go to bluetooth when my phone is connected to the car stereo via aux audio cable. And I have to unplug the cable every time a call comes in. Since I commute 1.5 hours (one way) to work every day that is a hassle. I have played with DInc and I kinda like it. I don't like Motorola phones so I am anxiously waiting for TB. Ah, yes .. the front facing camera sounds good to me .. I don't know whether I will be using it. And I am getting this LTE phone even though I don't have LTE in my area. And maybe not even next year. Hopefully by 2013.

roxy surf

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Profession: waitress/bartender
Smartphone phone history: storm-tour
switching from: Tour
What excites you most about the Thunderbolt! 4.3 in screen, speed, and its something other than blackberry :)

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Me: I am idle rich in Florida, having made my zillions simply via charm and this multi-level marketing thing I ordered off tv at 2 in the morning after having fallen asleep on the couch. I kid, I kid - I just stay mostly anonymous online.

Switching From: A data-planless unlocked Palm Treo 680 on Tmobile pre-pay that I have rocked for almost 4 years. Mobile browsing still sucked back when I bought it and I didn't want to pay for it or for a voice plan I wouldn't make full use of. Now things have caught up and mobile browsing is a more practical and useful thing than just a pricey novelty.

Excited About: My excitement isn't so much about the Thunderbolt specifically as it is about finally upgrading to a full modern smartphone and the different lifestyle and conveniences that will afford me. I can't wait to get started. Each of the four 4G smartphones coming out on Verizon will be good, each having some advantages and disadvantages (though the LG seems somewhat nondescript), but overall having similar feature sets. The Thunderbolt just won my comparison of the four and seemed to be the best on balance. I knew I wanted Verizon for coverage, Android for flexibility/integration, and I hoped it could be made by HTC. Sense looks great and I've been impressed with HTC quality since before they were even putting phones out under their own name. And I didn't want a locked bootloader. So I guess what sticks out about this phone most for me, other things being roughly equal, is that it's made by HTC and has Sense and I can do more tinkering with it than my second choice, the Bionic. I'm concerned about the TB's battery life and am looking forward to user reports on that.

If I have to go Bionic I'll be annoyed at the locked bootloader and the VGA FFC and the lack of an included 32gb micro SD. It sounds like newer versions of Motoblur are less of an issue than early ones and I don't think we know how the 512mb of DDR2 RAM will shake out, so let's call those neutral for now. And I'm sure I'll enjoy the dual core, the superior screen quality, the 1080p, and the robust battery. Wow, now that I say it, that sounds pretty good. If HTC made it, if it had Sense, and didn't have a locked bootloader, it would be as close to perfect as I could want. Nothing's perfect so I'll be fine with either.

Eleer

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Where you're from: Huntsville, AL
You're profession: Student at The University of Alabama
Smartphone phone history: Black Berry Storm 1, Black Berry Tour (current)
The phone you're switching from: Tour
What excites you most about the Thunderbolt: LTE and having a smart phone who wont keep breaking and having software issues. I cant wait to have a fast phone finally!

I'm from Huntsville, also. Small world haha.

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Profession: Respiratory Therapist
Smartphone History: Blackberry Tour (9630)
Phone Switch: POS Tour
Excites: Its new. Its droid. Its not a BB. LOL.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Profession: Art Installer
Smartphone History: (samsung flipphone to moto razr to env2) now droid inc
Phone Switch: inc
Excited abt: 4g (nyc area), better hardware, bigger screen, dolby, dev support, skype without wifi, aluminum unibody, 32 gb sd card, my phone ripping apart other phones insides until dualcore is worthwhile and quad core is 4 months away.;)

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Profession: Student
Smartphone History: Sidekick, Blackjack I, BlackJack II, iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9700, HTC Evo (Coverage was a joke, especially 4G), Droid2.
Phone Switch: Droid 2
Excited Bout: 4G Speeds, Simultaneousness Talk/data, Big Screen (miss that from my Evo), 40GB of storage right off the bat, 8mp Camera, Skype/Qik over Data and not Wifi only, kickstand, Dolby Digital Sound.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iseeyouo-o