Verizon getting ripped apart on FaceBook

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't trying to be pro Verizon with my comment at all, I have no problem with any other carrier. I have always suggested people to go with what ever carrier is best for them. No I don't have a 4G phone and won't have 4G in my area for some time. I just think all this talk about the TB is only increasing its awareness and that's it. No need to be sorry you have every right to disagree with me. :)

I'd like to get a TB myself, but will wait for the Evo2...(hopefully the 2 means 2 batteries) VZW threw an errant entry on my credit report many years ago. They admitted it was a mistake, but refused to take it off. They only annotated it as "paid". Well, I was buying a house at the time, and had to get an attorney to draft them a letter to get it REMOVED from my credit report. Extremely poor customer service is why I switched. Coverage was the same where I'm at, but now I have 4G.

Reactions: sully63114

tbizzy1985

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I think the opposite will happen with all this flaming and rumors has just increased awareness of the Thunderbolt and will only help increase the sales.

Agreed, bad publicity is still publicity. 149(completely made up #) people being upset on a Facebook page is not going to hurt the sales of this phone.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I did exactly that 5 years ago, and I've never been happier. Why wouldn't someone who is frustrated switch carriers? Are you trying to say VZW is better than everyone else, or just more expensive? I think all of the others (except ATT) have way more free features than VZW and the same coverage nowadays.

And when the TB finally gets released and people realize the phone is 4G, but they don't have 4G coverage what excuse will you use then to defend VZW? I'm not trying to raise a stink, but when someone with authority (like a Mod) takes the "grass is actually poisonous on the other side of the fence" approach, it's a little much.

I never said anything was wrong with another carrier. Like mclarryjr, I also have no personal problem with Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile or anyone else for that matter. I was simply pointing out that switching carriers isn't always as logical (or as easy) as it should be and/or some people may think it is. Verizon is my carrier of choice, and personally I like them best, but that most certainly isn't going to apply to everyone. I know people who have AT&T and are more than happy, same with Sprint and T-Mobile.

I also feel that switching to another carrier over "delays" on a phone that has never had a formal release date announced is a bit extreme. Like I said, people do have a good reason to be frustrated, I'm not denying that at all. If someone truly wants to switch, then that's their decision and I have no personal issue with it. It's just my opinion that it's a bit extreme. Other people will disagree, and that's fine. :)

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I dont think many really care about the release date. Some yeah they do, but I think it mostly comes down to communication. all they have to say is "hey all the thunderbolt is coming we are just making sure "insert word" works.

Agree...It should read:

Dear Customers,

As you know we have run into some technical issues regarding the release of our first 4G phone, The Thunderbolt. We at Verizon are dedicated to giving you the best user experience possible, so we hope you understand our stance. We truly understand your frustration with this issue, and as a result, those of you who were pre-paid for the phone as of XX date will get the phone absolutely FREE and the monies received will be credited to your account, or you can receive an extra battery in lieu of. (Trust us, you're gonna' need the battery) We currently anticipate release of the Thunderbolt to coincide with kickoff of the first 2011 NFL Regular Season Game so you can watch it using our new, updated Verizon NFL app.

Thank you for your patience.

Verizon Wireless
"Can You Hear Me Now?"

Last edited:

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, bad publicity is still publicity. 149(completely made up #) people being upset on a Facebook page is not going to hurt the sales of this phone.

Human nature tends to only see things inside their worlds. We just can't comprehend how big the world really is. Just because a handful of people are upset isn't that big of deal in the big picture to verizon.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I never said anything was wrong with another carrier. Like mclarryjr, I also have no personal problem with Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile or anyone else for that matter. I was simply pointing out that switching carriers isn't always as logical (or as easy) as it should be and/or some people may think it is. Verizon is my carrier of choice, and personally I like them best, but that most certainly isn't going to apply to everyone. I know people who have AT&T and are more than happy, same with Sprint and T-Mobile.

I also feel that switching to another carrier over "delays" on a phone that has never had a formal release date announced is a bit extreme. Like I said, people do have a good reason to be frustrated, I'm not denying that at all. If someone truly wants to switch, then that's their decision and I have no personal issue with it. It's just my opinion that it's a bit extreme. Other people will disagree, and that's fine. :)

Ok, maybe I just read it wrong, but it seems to me that "I'm not saying people don't have a right to be frustrated, but threatening to never buy another phone on Verizon again and switching carriers (have fun!) I think is a bit much" is insinuating that you think people will be making a horrible mistake if they were to switch carriers. Again, maybe I read it wrong, but I take that as "The grass is actually poisonous on the other side of the fence". Regardless, I ain't mad at ya'. I just want to see one of these phones.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok, maybe I just read it wrong, but it seems to me that "I'm not saying people don't have a right to be frustrated, but threatening to never buy another phone on Verizon again and switching carriers (have fun!) I think is a bit much" is insinuating that you think people will be making a horrible mistake if they were to switch carriers. Again, maybe I read it wrong, but I take that as "The grass is actually poisonous on the other side of the fence". Regardless, I ain't mad at ya'. I just want to see one of these phones.

You're misreading him. He's not saying that switching carriers is a bad thing; he's saying that switching carriers because of the lack of a thunderbolt announcement is a bad idea.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Human nature tends to only see things inside their worlds. We just can't comprehend how big the world really is. Just because a handful of people are upset isn't that big of deal in the big picture to verizon.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Assume the number is 149 ... how many others feel exactly the same way but don't take the time to respond? Many.

And not all publicity is good publicity... and poor handling of your flagship phone is going to hurt sales. Do you really think people are going to rush out and buy the device with so much negativity? Yes. But new converts? No way.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I cannot judge anyone who wants to switch carriers if they are frustrated. I switched from Sprint many many years ago when one single store rep ripped me of my money (a long story, yet it was not the carrier's fault it was that single person and the store manager apparently refusing to look into it made matter worse). Everyone has a reason to switch carrier.

Having said that, threatening Verizon to go to a different carrier will not make them change whatever they are doing. The poor customer reps are facing the brunt of many irate customers (read "thunderbolt lovers" at this time) but they don't make the decisions. The execs in their comfy chairs do not have to deal with the customers and they remain untouched and unaffected.

And look at it this way. What percentage of VZW customers are waiting for the Thunderbolt? Out of that percentage, what percentage is getting really impatient? Now what percentage of the impatient ones will threaten to switch carriers? And finally what percentage will finally carry through with their threats? I'd say less than 1% of the total VZW customers. So do they (execs) give a damn? I'd say NO!

chronic illusionz

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Honestly they probably do not want their first Verizon 4g phone to be released as a buggy piece of trash so they probably are plenty fine with a small "delay" seeing as Verizon has never said anything but q1 a.k.a end of march. I fully blame Best Buy for this and not Verizon one bit especially since they stay strong about quality even if they lose childish customers in the process.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. But from what I'm seeing and feeling, everybody would be perfectly fine if they told us the phone might be buggy right now. But at least TELL US. Everybody is pissed because we are confused and feel left in the dark about eats going on.

I made myself a promise that if the phone isnt released or if we don't even get any info this week, I'm going with the Atrix. My reason is because my contract with AT&T is up, and I was planning on getting the Thunderbolt. So right now I have NO phone. Even if Verizon let's us know its going to come out in early March, ill wait as long as they let us know.

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
HTC says the phone is ready. Best Buy will sell it as soon as Verizon lets them. I think Verizon is having issues with their LTE network personally. Why would you delay a phone for an app that can be downloaded later, or through an OTA update? (Skype) The T-bolt is just an Evo on steroids, spec'd out by Verizon. It's not that the phone is buggy, but maybe the network is. Verizon would never admit it after they gave Sprint so much crap about their 4G network so they silently delayed the release. I also believe Verizon told BB they would be selling it on the 24th, then said "oh crap", we're still not ready. That made BB look bad.

Blame VZW, not HTC or BB.

Last edited:

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
HTC says the phone is ready. Best Buy will sell it as soon as Verizon lets them. I think Verizon is having issues with their LTE network personally. Why would you delay a phone for an app that can be downloaded later, or through an OTA update? (Skype) The T-bolt is just an Evo on steroids, spec'd out by Verizon. It's not that the phone is buggy, but maybe the network is. Verizon would never admit it after they gave Sprint so much crap about their 4G network so they silently delayed the release. I also believe Verizon told BB they would be selling it on the 24th, then said "oh crap", we're still not ready. That made BB look bad.

Blame VZW, not HTC or BB.

Blackmanx has tweeted that the Network is not working correctly. He made a comment what happens when u go to make a data call and ur device resets because the network isn't tuned to handle the stress?? Since I believe its the network, THEY will not come out and say a word.

But remember they did say March at CES, and then pulled the crap with letting BB do there pre-order and then started messing with dates. This is squarely on VZW, PERIOD!!!

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Blackmanx has tweeted that the Network is not working correctly. He made a comment what happens when u go to make a data call and ur device resets because the network isn't tuned to handle the stress?? Since I believe its the network, THEY will not come out and say a word.

But remember they did say March at CES, and then pulled the crap with letting BB do there pre-order and then started messing with dates. This is squarely on VZW, PERIOD!!!

I agree!

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

I agree X2. I didn't know someone else had tweeted about it being the network, but it's the only thing that makes sense.

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I made myself a promise that if the phone isnt released or if we don't even get any info this week, I'm going with the Atrix. My reason is because my contract with AT&T is up, and I was planning on getting the Thunderbolt. So right now I have NO phone.

Slightly off topic, but I'm confused. Doesn't your AT&T contract just roll to month to month once your contract date comes around ? Also, are you saying you sold your phone already instead of waiting until you had a new phone actually in your hands lol ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz