Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Costco: not carrying the 'Bolt, launching w/Samsung 4G in March

    More useless speculation, I know, but it almost makes more sense to wait for the Samsung to launch w/2 phones at once rather than 1. More sense than the iphone nonsense running around. What's curious is why Costco wouldn't carry it. Manager wouldn't tell me.
  2. #2  

    Default

    they're not carrying the bolt because best buy has the exclusive brick and mortar retail rights to it
  3. #3  
    ASLgeek's Avatar

    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Thundersense v1.3

    Default

    Yea that's because the Bolt is a BBY Retail Exclusive. No other 3rd party retailer will have it

    EDIT: Ignore this someone else was posting at the same time I was
    I fight dirty and don't give a F what you think about it...you want sugar coated go to a candy store

    No patience for people who can dish it but can't take it

    My history has a sorted past...it all started with an RIM 2-way pager back in 2001... 2003: SK Color...2004: SK2 JC & MC...2005: BB & SK2...2006: SK3 DVF...2007: iPhone & SK3...2008: SKLX & iPhone 3G...2009: SKLX09 & iPhone 3GS...Nov 2009: BB 9700 & iPhone 3GS...2010: D-Inc... 2011: THUNDERBOLTS ARE GO!!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    Yeah, I know. But he said period. Not at any point. Is Best Buy's exclusive for the life of the phone? 'cause the 90 day return window as Costco vs the 30 at BB is enough to tip the balance towards another phone. Damn it.
  5. #5  
    odiej34's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

    Default

    Not 90 at Costco any more. (30) BB is now 14 days, not 30.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by odiej34 View Post
    Not 90 at Costco any more. (30) BB is now 14 days, not 30.
    Costco.com: Return Policy


    Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones.


    Best Buy Store Exchange & Return Policy - Best Buy


    30 days for all other products
  7. #7  
    odiej34's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tekhna View Post
    Costco.com: Return Policy


    Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones.


    Best Buy Store Exchange & Return Policy - Best Buy


    30 days for all other products
    you don't have to believe me... go to Costco and they will confirm what I posted. Same with BB. They are following Verizons orders. (At least here in. Tucson they are.) Just bought a X at bb and that is what they told me. I returned a og droid before the X came out and it is now 30 Days.
  8. #8  
    odiej34's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

    Default

    My bad. 30 days for return and cash back.after 30 days you're stuck with it. Might be able to switch phones up to 90 days, can't remember. Ill check tomorrow, need Monsters.
  9. #9  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by odiej34 View Post
    you don't have to believe me... go to Costco and they will confirm what I posted. Same with BB. They are following Verizons orders. (At least here in. Tucson they are.) Just bought a X at bb and that is what they told me. I returned a og droid before the X came out and it is now 30 Days.
    I think you're confusing returning and canceling the service. You only have 14 days for your buyer's remorse/network testing period without incurring an ETF. You have 30 days to return the equipment to Best Buy, because it falls under their regular return policy.
  10. #10  
    odiej34's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    I think you're confusing returning and canceling the service. You only have 14 days for your buyer's remorse/network testing period without incurring an ETF. You have 30 days to return the equipment to Best Buy, because it falls under their regular return policy.
    Yeah, 14 days to get my upgrade restored. After 14 days, no more upgrade. So I can return after 14 days but before 30 days are up and exchange only?
    Thanks!
  11. #11  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by odiej34 View Post
    Yeah, 14 days to get my upgrade restored. After 14 days, no more upgrade. So I can return after 14 days but before 30 days are up and exchange only?
    Thanks!
    Exactly. You would be locked into a contract, obviously, but Best Buy would still swap out the handset for a different one if you wanted within the 30 days.
  12. #12  
    odiej34's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

    Default

    Sweet, Thanks!
  13. #13  
    Droid hungry's Avatar

    Posts
    138 Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by odiej34 View Post
    you don't have to believe me... go to Costco and they will confirm what I posted. Same with BB. They are following Verizons orders. (At least here in. Tucson they are.) Just bought a X at bb and that is what they told me. I returned a og droid before the X came out and it is now 30 Days.
    A fellow tucsonan! Never thought I would run into one on here.
  14. #14  
    odiej34's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid hungry View Post
    A fellow tucsonan! Never thought I would run into one on here.
    Not so small of a world after all, hunh?
  15. #15  
    Droid hungry's Avatar

    Posts
    138 Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default

    Yea this is crazy lol.

Posting Permissions