Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.6.32.21

Default HTC Thunderbolt recalled by HTC due to camera issues?

I just got off the phone with a local Best Buy here in New York City and the Mobile department informed me that the TB was recalled by HTC due to a software problem with the camera. He stated that the phone was shipped to their store and it never made it there due to the recall. No specific date was provided but he did say it could be anytime this week. Has anyone else called their local Best Buy store? I'm wondering what stories you are all hearing.

Best buy reps don't know ****
    Thanked by 4:

Yet another rumor from yet another representative who heard a rumor that it was delayed and in all likely hood has absolutely no idea what he's really talking about.

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7 Black

Add it to the list

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

There are so many "Hear Say" stories about the "Thunderbolt" - it's hard to know the real story.
    Thanked by 2:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.6.32.21

Yeah I'm figuring his information is 2nd hand and not based on anything factual. I would have believed his story if he mentioned something about Skype or Mobile Hotspot. We need someone to make a Webumentary.

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Anything is possible at this point. The CEO of HTC said they were shipping "This week" a week ago. We have to be getting close.
    "In valor, there is hope."

If he read his employee email he would know thats bull**** because it clearly states what the issue was.....

Question

Quote Originally Posted by sandoff View Post
    If he read his employee email he would know thats bull**** because it clearly states what the issue was.....
    which is???????????????????????????

why do people believe what BB has to say about the release?

They are just an indirect premium retailer - i.e. they sell Verizon's phones but do not provide any customer service. It's totally delusional to think they would know anything about exact issues about why the phone would get delayed.
    Thanked by:

please tell me which BB store so I dont shop there in the future!

That Skype isnt working correctly. Something that i could care less about, besides they can update that later
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by evilmunkeh View Post
    I just got off the phone with a local Best Buy here in New York City and the Mobile department informed me that the TB was recalled by HTC due to a software problem with the camera. He stated that the phone was shipped to their store and it never made it there due to the recall. No specific date was provided but he did say it could be anytime this week. Has anyone else called their local Best Buy store? I'm wondering what stories you are all hearing.
    I don't believe that since it's the same camera on the Evo...Regardless of what obscure info someone might pull of the internets. They are both 8mp/1.3mp, auto focus, dual LED
    Last edited by FatalErrorz; 02-22-2011 at 02:47 PM.

That Skype isnt working correctly. Something that i could care less about, besides they can update that later
    Its not Skype, but its a Network Issue which is effecting the program Skype and others like Skype.
    Banned

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zenit View Post
    why do people believe what BB has to say about the release?

They are just an indirect premium retailer - i.e. they sell Verizon's phones but do not provide any customer service. It's totally delusional to think they would know anything about exact issues about why the phone would get delayed.
    Exactly! Haven't any of you ever bought something at BB? They know absolutely nothing about their products. I am convinced that the people on the board here know more than they do, so it blows my mind that they believe anything that Best Buy employees say (I know there are exceptions, but they are few and far between and probably post on this site). Ugh, I can't take it any more!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by durangojim View Post
    Exactly! Haven't any of you ever bought something at BB? They know absolutely nothing about their products. I am convinced that the people on the board here know more than they do, so it blows my mind that they believe anything that Best Buy employees say (I know there are exceptions, but they are few and far between and probably post on this site). Ugh, I can't take it any more!!!!
    you are correct lol, in our store i would honestly trust 10/40+ employees opinions, some ppl dont know jack about anything but they can talk their way through a sale with a customer who also know jack but when someone with as much knowledge as most of the ppl on this forum they get lost and confuse themselves

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I can't say I even know anyone that uses Skype.. wtf... and if that is the case.. who's been testing all this time? mickey mouse?

Quote Originally Posted by sorphin View Post
    I can't say I even know anyone that uses Skype.. wtf... and if that is the case.. who's been testing all this time? mickey mouse?
    Super star Black_man_X has been.

ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

Please forgive my ignorance but who is Black_man_X

you are correct lol, in our store i would honestly trust 10/40+ employees opinions, some ppl dont know jack about anything but they can talk their way through a sale with a customer who also know jack but when someone with as much knowledge as most of the ppl on this forum they get lost and confuse themselves
    I love f#@%ing with them. My favorite is when you ask about a product and they start reading the information card so you ask them something you know the card doesn't have on it and they just look at you like a deer caught in headlights.
    If at first you don't succeed, read, read again.

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

i heard they recalled it because they wanted to ship a special "Screw yOu Apple" sticker with each phone to put on your car that had LED's that showed the robot urinating on a tree of Apples and it transformed into a plane to fly you to your island and...
    yeah...we all know where that was going...

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by prakash99 View Post
    Please forgive my ignorance but who is Black_man_X

Search for him on Twitter
    "In valor, there is hope."

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 3 RC4.9

Quote Originally Posted by FatalErrorz View Post
    I don't believe that since it's the same camera on the Evo...Regardless of what obscure info someone might pull of the internets. They are both 8mp/1.3mp, auto focus, dual LED
    it is not the same camera as the Evo the Evo may also have a 8MP dual LED flash but it's not the same camera, as i understand it Thunderbolts has a improved lens or something
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.6.32.21

Quote Originally Posted by blizz419 View Post
    it is not the same camera as the Evo the Evo may also have a 8MP dual LED flash but it's not the same camera, as i understand it Thunderbolts has a improved lens or something
    Regardless, I doubt the camera is the issue.

ROM
    DasBamf 2.0b5

Quote Originally Posted by blizz419 View Post
    +1.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast