Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Skype removed from VZW TB page features

    Next thing you know, they'll move it to a 3G page, and tell us LTE has been removed.

    4G LTE Network | Verizon Wireless
  2. #2  

    Default

    old news, and Skype is supposed to be added in OTA update, supposedly on the 28th. Which hopefully means the phone comes out the 24th
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colesl4w View Post
    old news, and Skype is supposed to be added in OTA update, supposedly on the 28th. Which hopefully means the phone comes out the 24th
    Obviously old news that Skype was a no-go, but they hadn't removed it from the site until now. If it was still coming on the 28th, you think they'd revamp the site to remove it at this point? Doubtful.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulmike3 View Post
    Obviously old news that Skype was a no-go, but they hadn't removed it from the site until now. If it was still coming on the 28th, you think they'd revamp the site to remove it at this point? Doubtful.
    Apples and Oranges Paul, Apples and Oranges
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aspdmouse View Post
    Apples and Oranges Paul, Apples and Oranges
    lol, word.
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  
    prakash99's Avatar

    Posts
    1,618 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colesl4w View Post
    old news, and Skype is supposed to be added in OTA update, supposedly on the 28th. Which hopefully means the phone comes out the 24th
    Right. The phone comes out on the 24th .... of March.
  7. #7  
    Kazer's Avatar

    Posts
    185 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

    Default

    Skype is still showing up on the page for me.
  8. #8  

    Default

    Kazer, are you using Chrome? Try under IE. I still see the Skype block when using Chrome but not IE. Chrome has a known problem with caching old copies of pages and not refreshing when they're updated.
    My tech timeline: 1981 - First programmed. 1986 - First modem connection. 1993 - First Internet SLIP account. 2000 - First broadband connection. 2003 - First BlackBerry. 2011 - First Android.
  9. #9  
    Kazer's Avatar

    Posts
    185 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardClark View Post
    Kazer, are you using Chrome? Try under IE. I still see the Skype block when using Chrome but not IE. Chrome has a known problem with caching old copies of pages and not refreshing when they're updated.
    Ahh yeah I am using Chrome. Just checked with Firefox and it's not there so nevermind!

    Was there ever any Skype info on the HTC page?
  10. #10  

    Default

    i dont get the whole thing with "built in skype". who cares? can't you DL the skype app? WTF is different?
  11. #11  

    Default

    Has any1 tried to contact skype instead of vzw online chat reps or htc?

    I wonder if skype can slip us something. Afterall, it's their product.

    Verizon is mute.
    Htc ceo says shipped.
    And yet Bob from wirefly was able to do many videos of the tbolt...though don't bloggers get a chance to review phones about a week before we can even purchase them?
    I'm usually envious of the tech bloggers who get to "have" a phone before it's released so that they can review it.

    Wouldn't AC get a chance to demo it (not only in CES), including many other blog sites before it's released - especially vzw first 4g phone?

    As much as I'm tired of waiting already, I would think that we would see a review by AC like they got to do with the Evo Shift keyboard slider, before it gets released to us.
    How does all that work usually?
  12. #12  
    Kazer's Avatar

    Posts
    185 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Laser View Post
    Has any1 tried to contact skype instead of vzw online chat reps or htc?

    I wonder if skype can slip us something. Afterall, it's their product.

    Verizon is mute.
    Htc ceo says shipped.
    And yet Bob from wirefly was able to do many videos of the tbolt...though don't bloggers get a chance to review phones about a week before we can even purchase them?
    I'm usually envious of the tech bloggers who get to "have" a phone before it's released so that they can review it.

    Wouldn't AC get a chance to demo it (not only in CES), including many other blog sites before it's released - especially vzw first 4g phone?
    How does all that work usually?
    Yeah, typically blogs will get a phone to review at least a couple of days prior to a launch. Not sure why Wirefly got one and no one else has at this point.
  13. #13  

    Default

    I'm still seeing the Skype Mobile info on the page. Two different browsers, IE and Firefox.
  14. #14  
    vitomins's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somnambulator View Post
    i dont get the whole thing with "built in skype". who cares? can't you DL the skype app? WTF is different?

    If the Skype is built in, you could have something like a Skype button when you click on a contact in your phone.

    So you click on a contact and you would have the option to Call, Message, Email or Skype. I am sure there are other advantages to having it baked in, but this is just the simplest one.
  15. #15  

    Default

    If they release it with no skype is it a good possibility that it will be added in a few weeks after release?
    Kinda kills the point of a front facing camera on the phone if there is no skype or something similar.
  16. #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muska180 View Post
    If they release it with no skype is it a good possibility that it will be added in a few weeks after release?
    Kinda kills the point of a front facing camera on the phone if there is no skype or something similar.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure that's why everyone is saying old news. I thought they said Skype wouldn't be available at launch, but it could be added very easily.
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muska180 View Post
    If they release it with no skype is it a good possibility that it will be added in a few weeks after release?
    Kinda kills the point of a front facing camera on the phone if there is no skype or something similar.
    Just use the Tango app.
  18. #18  

    Default

    The difference is the ability to use the front facing cam for video chat via skype.
  19. #19  

    Default

    Been over at the Atrix Forums and none of their FFC's are working either.It seems none of the video-chat providers have updated their software yet.
  20. #20  

    Default

    yup it's removed, just checked: 4G LTE Network | Verizon Wireless

    May be good news?
  21. #21  
    FatalErrorz's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    344 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colesl4w View Post
    old news, and Skype is supposed to be added in OTA update, supposedly on the 28th. Which hopefully means the phone comes out the 24th
    Interesting...If Video Skype gets released to the market on the 28th, I'll be rockin' it on my EVO before the T-Bolt even see daylight...That'll **** my wife off for sure.
  22. #22  
    eye4ni's Avatar

    Posts
    279 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

    Default

    Question: Will skype video chat be available for 3G as well? Or are they reserving this for 4G connections only? Hopefully at least wifi is supported.
    Send files between your Android and your PC with Dropbox - Click here
  23. #23  

    Default

    So where is the damn phone?
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me
  24. #24  

    Default

    Ok, so Skype is being removed... but I have to wonder, if there is such an issue with Skype, why was it so talked about at CES? I know that it is wonderful to advertise new and exciting features but if it was to be released on this phone, why wasnt there more
    R-n-D done before stating that it would be there? Not only did every "Verizon" tech talk about it, but so did every "HTC" tech including the CEO.. Im just curious is all. I can understand a late launch date to make sure all the bugs are worked out but when the bug is one of the biggest features touted, makes me wonder a bit...

    Still hoping it works itself out though, cause I REALLY want this phone lol


    Rich
  25. #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eye4ni View Post
    Question: Will skype video chat be available for 3G as well? Or are they reserving this for 4G connections only? Hopefully at least wifi is supported.
    It's available for the iphone on 3G on VZW right now, so I would imagine that they'll introduce it for 3G as well, especially since many new 3G phones will be including a FFC.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions