2-27-11 Best Buy Ad Hits

Seminoles fan

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It'd be great to have a non-sd card option. This phone will also be my ipod, so I'm not sure a 32gb card would perform well without being at least being a class 4 or 6 card. Has there been any info regarding the speed of the card that is included? $299 on a 2 year is a ripoff.

I agree, the phone "in my opinion" is not worth 300 bucks! 250 is pushing it but no way I am giving 300 for it. I'll go else where and get service before I pay that. I can get just as good of a phone with sprint or damn near and I live in Kansas City so our speeds are extremely fast since this is Sprint's backyard. I can pick up a evo for 100 cheaper with pretty much the same features except for storage. I can find a 32 gb card for 50 bucks tops.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I agree, the phone "in my opinion" is not worth 300 bucks! 250 is pushing it but no way I am giving 300 for it. I'll go else where and get service before I pay that. I can get just as good of a phone with sprint or damn near and I live in Kansas City so our speeds are extremely fast since this is Sprint's backyard. I can pick up a evo for 100 cheaper with pretty much the same features except for storage. I can find a 32 gb card for 50 bucks tops.

The cheapest I've seen a 32GB SanDisk go for so far has been $80 unless you get it on sale or find it on ebay.

Dragon1473

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Best buy site shows $249.99 on the homepage.... I took a screenshot and uploaded to Flickr

5473718237_7867d6c83f.jpg

Last edited:

menji

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
... come release day I will gladly point out there miss-information and ask for a price match to 250 if not its B!tch face time and there in for a hole world of pain.

That. right there. Just made my day :D

As for the price. I'd pay 300...i just would not pay Best Buy. They have always seemed shady to me. Something just isn't clicking with them. Regardless of the price, I'll just get it straight from Verizon. I trust them more than BB anyway, regardless of this whole fiasco.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
That. right there. Just made my day :D

As for the price. I'd pay 300...i just would not pay Best Buy. They have always seemed shady to me. Something just isn't clicking with them. Regardless of the price, I'll just get it straight from Verizon. I trust them more than BB anyway, regardless of this whole fiasco.

Well it seems like ever since the Best Buy Mobile came to be something has been a little different about them. Like I said I worked for Best Buy for 3.5 years and none of the stores that I worked for (which happened to be 4) ever did anything shady, but I left before they changed the wireless department over to "Best Buy Mobile".

Seminoles fan

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I just don't see how they can advertise a phone for x amount of dollars and then not release the phone and then release it a week later for 50 dollars more. That to me is flirting with fraud on several levels as well as false advertisement. And I think it also falls into the category as false advertisement. I know when we come out with a new GPS system or device and we advertise it for x amount, we HAVE to atleast give the customers the option to buy it at that price. We cannot simply change the price without it ever being available to purchase. I think they have to offer the phone for 249.99 like advertised, atleast for the first week anyways.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Strange the the add for my local store states its here this week yet call them and they cant explain why they dont have it...

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Simply put I will not buy a phone for 300 on contract that isnt anything short of astonishing.

Dual Core? Nope (I know this clocked faster but its the point)
First 4.3 inch screen? Nope
First 8mp camera? Nope

Also have the Atrix and Inspire priced below this doesnt help. I WAS going to get this on launch day but I can stick with my OG droid till the price drops or something better comes out. With BB's loaner policy when my droid needs to be fixed I am more then happy anyway. I am currently using a DInc.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Oh baloney, we'll all pay it if it's true. Don't play like you can hold out. You're here on this phone nerd message board for the umpteenth week in a row positively aching for this grail of lust, following every scrap of rumor, every hint of news, writhing with anxiety, rocking back and forth between bouts of rage and dreaming of finally laying your trembling hands on its glowing UI, not even aware that you're sitting in a puddle of your own drool. There's probably somebody speaking to you right now, right next you, and you can't even hear them. No no, let's be clear. Your dad would laugh at this price and buy something else, but you won't. You will pay.

We're all going to get tech boners when this thing is released and then we won't be able to think straight. This phone will be callllling us, teeeasing us, tempting us, luring us like the sirens of old and we'll break and give in within days. The strongest among us will last a few weeks at most and then blessedly give in. We'll hate ourselves for a little bit and then forget about it and enter into a codependent and totally imbalanced relationship with it that we're not even ashamed of. Deeply concerned friends and family will say, "Why do you let that phone dominate you like that? It's not healthy. You're losing yourself in it. You're subsuming yourself into its identity. We're losing you!" And we'll say, "I don't care. I don't care. This phone knows me. It knows what I like. It gives me what I want, what I need. I never knew this side of myself and now I truly know who I am. I belong to this phone. I was made for it. It's a special relationship that only we understand and I don't care what anyone thinks about it." Maggie Gyllenhaal will play us in the movie adaptation and her earnest portrayal of utter unabashed submission will make viewers wonder whether they too would surrender completely like she did. The savor. Ohhh the savor of it.

The one-time cost is noisily out-front but is a deceptively small part of the larger cost. The thing to do is multiply the monthly plan cost and tax/fees/insurance/BS by 24 months and then add on the price of the phone and then divide by 24 again to get the true monthly cost of ownership. When you do that, it's only a couple dollars difference per month over the old price, and you've got that much in your couch cushions (your soggy, drool-soaked couch cushions).

You cannot escape.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I was at Best Buy yesterday sending in my Incredible for software issues and was told by top tier management of their wireless area they were not given any date for the Thunderbolt they only had rumors of Feb 24th, 25th, 28th and were told it was pushed back due to issue with how skype baked in software was interacting on the phone with again NO SET release date.

They had the price sign hanging up and accepting pre-orders with $50 deposit and it was listed as $249.99 with 2 year update or 2 year new contract, and $749.99 retail and they would price match and other NON online retail price he said they do not honor online price matching has to be physical local store. He admited the problem with the difference in pricing on the March 2011 Buyers Guide showing $299.99 is that is what they orginally priced the phone at from who they purchase their phones as they do not buy directly through Verizon. They then found out that Verizon was going to price at $249.99 price point and even though Best Buy was going to get a "Nationwide Exclusive on the Phone" so they were concerned even with having it first people would hold out to save the $50.00 and how much they would in long wrong loose on Buy Back Program sales as well as their $9.99 insurance plans. On top they lined up for this week only ALL phones purchased get enrolled into Buy Back plan for FREE. So if they phone was to be sold they would loose out on possible 4 different points of sale. Take it for face value I know how majority of people feel on the whole "My sisters cousin heard this" but I can ensure you as someone waiting on the phone myself and have no issue in buying from Verizon or Best Buy. This is the information they told to a paying customer.

abot

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The tweet has been removed from Best Buy129's Twitter page. Once again bogus info from BB. I hope engadget updates the article to reflect the removal of the tweet.

I doubt its March 3rd or 4th.

green77

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I wonder what BB employees will be telling people when they see Sunday's ad.

Sorry.................It's a misprint 2 weeks in a row.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Seriously BB can hardly claim misprint two weeks in a row, well they can but it just show they are idiots and have not a clue about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke