2-27-11 Best Buy Ad Hits

sc32valve

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so. The SKU is the same for both. I'm thinking one is including a $50 instant rebate and one isn't. Especially since the $249 says something like "after additional savings."

jd10984

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I refuse to pay $300 for it.. Even if it ends up being $250 without the 32gb card.. We have been told all along it will be $250 with the 32gb card.. Between this and all of the delays I am becoming to realize it just may not be the phone for me. Plus I really wanted to use the best buy free buy back as an option. It's obviously not going to have that anymore.. The iphone is looking better and better to me now. Plus, I just recently got an android tab that I am quite happy with, so I can still have the android OS plus a pretty good phone if I go with the iphone.. Anyways, unless it's $250 with the 32gb card I just cant justify paying $300, no free buy back, when I can get an iphone for $200 plus have a free buy back. Ah well, hopefully we get a set price by the 26th, if not I will most likely buy an iphone, see how I like it and if the $300 price sticks I'll just stick with the iphone.

dsdxp

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
that's fake, someone photoshopped the ad. It's clearly $249 with contract. It's on best buys home page and current ad right now.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
that's fake, someone photoshopped the ad. It's clearly $249 with contract. It's on best buys home page and current ad right now.

No it is not photoshopped. A lot of us can vouch for that. Best Buy website lists both prices. And one with $249 does not mention 32GB sdcard while $299 one does. Best Buy reps have not been able to explain this apparent discrepancy. They seem to be as clueless as we are ...at least the reps at my local BB store.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
if its really going to be $300..im out..
thats way above any other 4g device out there and I just cant afford that.

I think BB and VZW have lost it. you cant botch a launch this bad then bump the price up. if anything they should give us a discount. I see this forcing alot of ppl over to ATT (not me. but alot of other ppl) this is just sad.

Foyt20

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Why are the effective dates different? One is march and one is February, but the saturdays do not match up.

Im calling chop

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Why are the effective dates different? One is march and one is February, but the saturdays do not match up.

Im calling chop

They do since February only has 28 days. It's really hard to say what's going on. I really hope the price isn't $299 for a 2 year contract because if so then I won't be willing to pay an extra $70 for the 1 year contract.

All I know is that I'm not going to be buying from Best Buy anyway. I have no issues with the rest of the store and I even worked for Best Buy for 3.5 years and about 6 months working with phones and activating phones, but I will never buy a phone from Best Buy again. I had one issue a couple of years ago and it was so bad that it turned me off of buying from anyone except corporate owned Verizon stores.

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
They do since February only has 28 days. It's really hard to say what's going on. I really hope the price isn't $299 for a 2 year contract because if so then I won't be willing to pay an extra $70 for the 1 year contract.

All I know is that I'm not going to be buying from Best Buy anyway. I have no issues with the rest of the store and I even worked for Best Buy for 3.5 years and about 6 months working with phones and activating phones, but I will never buy a phone from Best Buy again. I had one issue a couple of years ago and it was so bad that it turned me off of buying from anyone except corporate owned Verizon stores.

Got my pre-order in hand... it has the 32Gb card and the price at $250... I have called them and they have assured me its 250 (granted its just the dudes at the store, but they can price match if they feel like it)... come release day I will gladly point out there miss-information and ask for a price match to 250 if not its B!tch face time and there in for a hole world of pain.

Reactions: menji

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I justy got on BB's site and it shows $299 in their weekly ad/phone buyers guide on the right side. I cant post a direct link because its flash though.

Flash View of Weekly Ad Circular - Best Buy

Interesting, the monthly Mobility Buyers Guide states $299 but when I go to BB web page the Bolts price is still listed as $249.99. Now those Buyers Guides are printed up ahead of time so it's certainly possible device prices can change in the meantime.BTW, I need to pick up the new Buyers Guide if only to find out why Snoop Dogg loves his smartphones. ;)

Last edited:

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a new laptop right now. Found some good deals in the $300-400 range. I can't believe I'm still considering this phone at $299. What is wrong with me??? :eek:

Its funny, although not planned, with this delay and the ensuing ruckus raised, I wouldn't be surprised if VZW and BB raise the price on the phone. If they know people are will to pay and supplies are short...

ulmerj79

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It'd be great to have a non-sd card option. This phone will also be my ipod, so I'm not sure a 32gb card would perform well without being at least being a class 4 or 6 card. Has there been any info regarding the speed of the card that is included? $299 on a 2 year is a ripoff.

anon(157335)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It'd be great to have a non-sd card option. This phone will also be my ipod, so I'm not sure a 32gb card would perform well without being at least being a class 4 or 6 card. Has there been any info regarding the speed of the card that is included? $299 on a 2 year is a ripoff.

I believe in the Wirefly unboxing the card was shown to be a class 4.

Reactions: ulmerj79

panicprone77

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

As shown in the wirefly unboxing, it's a SanDisk class 4 which I believe is the fastest class 4 on the market.

Reactions: ulmerj79