Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 2-27-11 Best Buy Ad Hits

HTC Thunderbolt Sighted in Next Week's Best Buy Ad

Broke this last night, def don't like it

$300 They are crazy!!!

ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

Thumbs down

Yeah it IS steep. I guess I'm gonna have to make some sacrifices here and there to get this phone. Well, guess it will be no more Starbucks and hello $1 McDonald's coffee for a while lol

I posted this in the BB thread...but anyone else wondering if the latest "delay" could be that BB didn't want to have to honor the $249 price they originally advertised?
    Thanked by:

ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    I posted this in the BB thread...but anyone else wondering if the latest "delay" could be that BB didn't want to have to honor the $249 price they originally advertised?
    That's a theory but I don't buy into that. As much as I love to bash iphone, it seems Verizon probably found something acutely incompatible with the phone and their system/network. Thunderbolt is somewhat similar to Inspire though with many differences. But Inspire is already out yet while VZW is still struggling with TB. Flashbacks of last years Galaxy S " delay". At least back then there were no unofficially official confirmed dates and pushbacks.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 1.5R / leanKernel

$300 is steep with a two year commitment... I think I will wait on seeing VZW's pricing before I decide to cancel my pre-order or not.
    Cars, Technology, and Stogies ... All the fine things in life.

Quote Originally Posted by jayishere View Post
    HTC Thunderbolt Sighted in Next Week's Best Buy Ad

Broke this last night, def don't like it
    Besides the now $299 price I also didn't like the rumored 3G to LTE handoff issues mentioned. I'm in an LTE area so,if true, that could be a problem.

Sorry 4G LTE or not I dont see how they justify the $300 price tag on this phone.

ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

Quote Originally Posted by robdec17 View Post
    Sorry 4G LTE or not I dont see how they justify the $300 price tag on this phone.
    Just like they priced iPhone at $300 and Xoom at $600 on contract. Maybe it is due to the fact that it comes with 32GB sdcard preinstalled. I think they should have had a $16GB or even $8GB preinstalled and lowered the price. Not all users load their sdcard with media (I do, however, but I can always buy a higher-capacity micro sdcard, which I already have .. I have a 32GB one)
    Banned

To be honest, if true this may push me to just get a Droid X for $9 at Letstalk.com. I'm having TB fatigue and a price increase isn't helping.

Yea, I was able to convince my wife to get us each a $250.00 phone and she was looking forward to it!!!!!!! However, if I might have a big fight on my hands if we have to pay $100 more than orignally figured. Oh and what about the 4G service? is it going to cost more now too??? CRAP!!!!!

It's groundhog day! I was really looking forward to getting a TB, but this is too much. Too high a price, no indication that it will get Netflix. Who knows when skype will hit. I think I'll go by an iphone (never owned one but I'm a tech geek and need to get my fix) and keep it until the summer so I can see all the new goodies Verizon offers. Too bad, the TB had such potential.

Quote Originally Posted by flashpiti View Post
    It's groundhog day! I was really looking forward to getting a TB, but this is too much. Too high a price, no indication that it will get Netflix. Who knows when skype will hit. I think I'll go by an iphone (never owned one but I'm a tech geek and need to get my fix) and keep it until the summer so I can see all the new goodies Verizon offers. Too bad, the TB had such potential.
    I am starting to lean that way too. I was trying to avoid that but it starting to look more and more that way.

Quote Originally Posted by spooluptheFTL View Post
    To be honest, if true this may push me to just get a Droid X for $9 at Letstalk.com. I'm having TB fatigue and a price increase isn't helping.
    That's funny. I was looking at the DX yesterday because I was getting burned out on the TB.
    I'm using a 3GS that still under contract so... $300 for the TB + a ETF + it looks like issues with the TB = putting doubts in my head.

Not to mention I'm due for an upgrade with AT&T and can get a Inspire for $99 or a Atrix for $199. I have some serious thinking to do. I want a new phone and was excited to get a android and come back to VZW but I'm not that sure anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredJedi View Post
    I am starting to lean that way too. I was trying to avoid that but it starting to look more and more that way.
    I'm no iphone hater, so I figure I could sell the thing in May or June before ip5 comes out and get the majority of my money back. By then hopefully all the 4G kinks will be ironed out and I can read the reviews of all the new phones and make my decision.

Looks like I'll be taking the copy of the circular I picked up in store last week (if/when the TB is ever released) and demand that they honor the price. This is a bait and switch, since they ran the $249 price nationwide on an item that didn't even have, now with all the interest from people calling in and asking about the phone they are jacking up the price. Add the $70 dollars for the the buy-back program (that was free) and your looking at a %50 increase in a week.........unacceptable!!!

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.6.32.21

Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    To add to your theory take a look at this snapshot I took of the Best Buy ad list

Quote Originally Posted by evilmunkeh View Post
    To add to your theory take a look at this snapshot I took of the Best Buy ad list
    Will BB offer the Thunderbolt with or without the 32GB card then?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

no they won't,

but if verizon is selling it at $249.99 with a 2 year contract, so will best buy, like I said in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by flashpiti View Post
    I'm no iphone hater, so I figure I could sell the thing in May or June before ip5 comes out and get the majority of my money back. By then hopefully all the 4G kinks will be ironed out and I can read the reviews of all the new phones and make my decision.
    Yea, I'm not either but the best way for me to sell my wife on the deal is to tell her about the 4G stuff so that we are getting a great newer (almost future proof) device. Instead of me getting an iPhone on 3G and not having the simultanious voice and data capabilites and then wanting a 4G device a month later. That won't fly at all... poor me...

Plus I have all of my family on Verizon so a switch to AT&T isn't really a good idea and I'm not too sure about the service around here.

I don't think so. The SKU is the same for both. I'm thinking one is including a $50 instant rebate and one isn't. Especially since the $249 says something like "after additional savings."

I refuse to pay $300 for it.. Even if it ends up being $250 without the 32gb card.. We have been told all along it will be $250 with the 32gb card.. Between this and all of the delays I am becoming to realize it just may not be the phone for me. Plus I really wanted to use the best buy free buy back as an option. It's obviously not going to have that anymore.. The iphone is looking better and better to me now. Plus, I just recently got an android tab that I am quite happy with, so I can still have the android OS plus a pretty good phone if I go with the iphone.. Anyways, unless it's $250 with the 32gb card I just cant justify paying $300, no free buy back, when I can get an iphone for $200 plus have a free buy back. Ah well, hopefully we get a set price by the 26th, if not I will most likely buy an iphone, see how I like it and if the $300 price sticks I'll just stick with the iphone.

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

that's fake, someone photoshopped the ad. It's clearly $249 with contract. It's on best buys home page and current ad right now.
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.

Quote Originally Posted by dsdxp View Post
    that's fake, someone photoshopped the ad. It's clearly $249 with contract. It's on best buys home page and current ad right now.
    Nah it's not. I'm positive of that.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by dsdxp View Post
    I photoshopped it?

When you see the ad sunday I want you to kiss my ***.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast