Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Our best bet is someone out East

    Hi there,

    Since those that live out East are an hour or more ahead of the rest of us and would have stores open first they're going to be the first ones who can report back what they find out by calling or going to their nearest store the the HTC site store finder gives them.

    Let's hope at least one person here lives out thataway and can find out and REPORT BACK, lol!

    Deb
  2. #2  
    DolfanCole's Avatar

    Posts
    1,190 Posts
    ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

    Default

    I live out east (about as east as I can get -- 5 mins from the water). I won't be able to make it in to the store when it opens, but wouldn't it be available online if it was releasing today? As of 8:50AM EST, it's not on their site.
  3. #3  
    Kazer's Avatar

    Posts
    185 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

    Default

    Yeah it's not releasing today.

    Hopefully by next week.
  4. #4  

    Default

    I called Best Buy last night and they said that they definitely did NOT have any Thunderbolts in stock.

    They said that it most likely won't be released until after the first of the month.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    And you're going to believe a clerk at Best Buy after all that they've messed up recently? Sorry, but I wouldn't. Seems strange to put a "Where to Buy" button linking to a store locator if you can't buy it. At least it seems strange to me.

    Considering that BB was supposed to have an exclusive - maybe it doesn't have to be on the VZW site right away - awww heck who knows ... not me!
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by debsdroid View Post
    And you're going to believe a clerk at Best Buy after all that they've messed up recently? Sorry, but I wouldn't. Seems strange to put a "Where to Buy" button linking to a store locator if you can't buy it. At least it seems strange to me.
    While Best Buy employes may not know as much as they would like for you to think, I'm sure that the Best Buy Mobile manager would have known if they had them in stock or not. And this was around 8:30 PM.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default

    Called my local and the corporate store - neither one has it.
  8. #8  

    Default thunderbolt

    just called the bb store in everett ma. they told me it's officially on the 28th now. this is ridiculous!
  9. #9  
    Ricom1's Avatar

    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by panitsos View Post
    just called the bb store in everett ma. they told me it's officially on the 28th now. this is ridiculous!
    I wish they would just say that the release date is "officially unknown"!
  10. #10  
    prakash99's Avatar

    Posts
    1,614 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by panitsos View Post
    just called the bb store in everett ma. they told me it's officially on the 28th now. this is ridiculous!
    I'd call it "officially rumored date"
  11. #11  

    Default

    I got a call from a corporate store that I have been in contact with and she said today was a no go and wasn't sure about Monday either.
  12. #12  

    Default

    I was told the 26th a few minutes ago by a BB rep. Just seemed like a blow-off date to me, since the clerk was obviously annoyed and tired of answering this question.
  13. #13  
    dajogejr's Avatar

    Posts
    490 Posts
    Global Posts
    581 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 1.6.3 Remix/2.4 Lean

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by world4ever View Post
    I was told the 26th a few minutes ago by a BB rep. Just seemed like a blow-off date to me, since the clerk was obviously annoyed and tired of answering this question.
    Probably that clerk's next day off...lol.
  14. #14  
    DolfanCole's Avatar

    Posts
    1,190 Posts
    ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

    Default

    Went in to Verizon store. Nothing. I didn't talk to any of the CSRs, 'cause I just hate to do that. Plus, probably wouldn't have been any help with this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by panitsos View Post
    just called the bb store in everett ma. they told me it's officially on the 28th now. this is ridiculous!
    I thought they only released phones on Thursday or Fridays.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by world4ever View Post
    I was told the 26th a few minutes ago by a BB rep. Just seemed like a blow-off date to me, since the clerk was obviously annoyed and tired of answering this question.
    Yeah, I feel for the store clerks. They're prolly taking the brunt of this.
  17. #17  
    ncbryan's Avatar

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

    Default

    Spoke with a buddy of mine that works in corporate sales for Cellular Sales which is partially owned by VZW. He said they had NO phones in stock (not surprising).

    Take the rest of what he said with a grain of salt....
    He said that they were supposed to begin selling them on Monday 2/28. He said he had seen a working unit and said it was awesome. I asked him about battery life and he said "it's an HTC phone expect to charge it 2-3 times a day". When I inquired about the 2nd gen processor, he said that it had a dual core (remember the grain of salt I was talking about.....).

    The wait continues....

    Bryan
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default

    Charge the battery 2-3X a DAY????? Are you kidding me? How often do you folks charge your current Androids?
  19. #19  
    ncbryan's Avatar

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by debsdroid View Post
    Charge the battery 2-3X a DAY????? Are you kidding me? How often do you folks charge your current Androids?
    I would say that if everyone's comments on how much the 4g network will drain the battery, if you are a heavy user on the 4g network, charging 2-3 times a day is quite possible. Nobody really knows for sure since no phones are currently out on their network. Time will tell.

    I know on my 3g DINC, with heavy use, I am looking for a charge in the pm. Normal to light use, I can get through a day on one charge.

    Bryan
  20. #20  
    eye4ni's Avatar

    Posts
    279 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

    Default

    I expect battery life to be about the same as Evo, even though the TB has a slightly smaller battery (1400 mah vs. 1500 mah in the evo). The updated processor is supposed to be a little more efficient, so I figure that might make up for the 100 mah it lacks (my own theory).

    With that said, I would expect 4G to be a feature that you occasionally enable in a time where you NEED higher speeds, but I bet that 90% of owners will keep it turned off most of the time (especially in rural areas where there is NO 4G, like myself). So, if it is anything like the evo, people will be buying up extended batteries and spare batteries for sure. I used the seidio 3500 on my evo, will do the same on the TB, just hope that Seidio designs a more attractive replacement back cover this time...

    Don't expect to go 16 hours with heavy usage, it just isn't going to happen without extra battery power. I really don't understand why they didn't try to pack a larger battery in this phone, I would much rather a thicker phone that lasts all day.....
    Send files between your Android and your PC with Dropbox - Click here
  21. #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eye4ni View Post
    I expect battery life to be about the same as Evo, even though the TB has a slightly smaller battery (1400 mah vs. 1500 mah in the evo). The updated processor is supposed to be a little more efficient, so I figure that might make up for the 100 mah it lacks (my own theory).

    With that said, I would expect 4G to be a feature that you occasionally enable in a time where you NEED higher speeds, but I bet that 90% of owners will keep it turned off most of the time (especially in rural areas where there is NO 4G, like myself). So, if it is anything like the evo, people will be buying up extended batteries and spare batteries for sure. I used the seidio 3500 on my evo, will do the same on the TB, just hope that Seidio designs a more attractive replacement back cover this time...

    Don't expect to go 16 hours with heavy usage, it just isn't going to happen without extra battery power. I really don't understand why they didn't try to pack a larger battery in this phone, I would much rather a thicker phone that lasts all day.....
    How does the Evo battery perform when using WiFi? I'll usually be using a WiFi connection with my TB and am curious how much effect that has on battery use.
  22. #22  
    eye4ni's Avatar

    Posts
    279 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTripp View Post
    How does the Evo battery perform when using WiFi? I'll usually be using a WiFi connection with my TB and am curious how much effect that has on battery use.
    My battery usage was always better than others claimed on the evo, and I am pretty sure it had something to do with the fact that I spend about 90% of my time with a wifi connection. Sprint doesn't have the best coverage in my area, and I always noticed my battery drained a LOT quicker if I wasn't near wifi....

    But this all depends a lot on how you use your phone too.... if you are one who sits and plays games all day, your battery life is going to suck. I use mine for emails and texts mostly throughout the day, so I never had a problem going 8+ hours during the work day, actually, my battery would last 12+ hours on an average day (with the stock battery). Extended battery allowed me to go DAYS without charging.
    Send files between your Android and your PC with Dropbox - Click here
  23. #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eye4ni View Post
    My battery usage was always better than others claimed on the evo, and I am pretty sure it had something to do with the fact that I spend about 90% of my time with a wifi connection. Sprint doesn't have the best coverage in my area, and I always noticed my battery drained a LOT quicker if I wasn't near wifi....

    But this all depends a lot on how you use your phone too.... if you are one who sits and plays games all day, your battery life is going to suck. I use mine for emails and texts mostly throughout the day, so I never had a problem going 8+ hours during the work day, actually, my battery would last 12+ hours on an average day (with the stock battery). Extended battery allowed me to go DAYS without charging.
    Good to know. I'm not into mobile gaming, I'll just be using it throughout the day for email, web browsing, Twitter, reading RSS feeds and instant messaging with friends periodically. I wouldn't expect the battery to last very long if I was playing games.

Posting Permissions