Our best bet is someone out East

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

Since those that live out East are an hour or more ahead of the rest of us and would have stores open first they're going to be the first ones who can report back what they find out by calling or going to their nearest store the the HTC site store finder gives them.

Let's hope at least one person here lives out thataway and can find out and REPORT BACK, lol!

Deb

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I live out east (about as east as I can get -- 5 mins from the water). I won't be able to make it in to the store when it opens, but wouldn't it be available online if it was releasing today? As of 8:50AM EST, it's not on their site.

Whetzel

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I called Best Buy last night and they said that they definitely did NOT have any Thunderbolts in stock.

They said that it most likely won't be released until after the first of the month.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
And you're going to believe a clerk at Best Buy after all that they've messed up recently? Sorry, but I wouldn't. Seems strange to put a "Where to Buy" button linking to a store locator if you can't buy it. At least it seems strange to me.

Considering that BB was supposed to have an exclusive - maybe it doesn't have to be on the VZW site right away - awww heck who knows ... not me!

Whetzel

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
And you're going to believe a clerk at Best Buy after all that they've messed up recently? Sorry, but I wouldn't. Seems strange to put a "Where to Buy" button linking to a store locator if you can't buy it. At least it seems strange to me.

While Best Buy employes may not know as much as they would like for you to think, I'm sure that the Best Buy Mobile manager would have known if they had them in stock or not. And this was around 8:30 PM.

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I got a call from a corporate store that I have been in contact with and she said today was a no go and wasn't sure about Monday either.

world4ever

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I was told the 26th a few minutes ago by a BB rep. Just seemed like a blow-off date to me, since the clerk was obviously annoyed and tired of answering this question.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Went in to Verizon store. Nothing. I didn't talk to any of the CSRs, 'cause I just hate to do that. Plus, probably wouldn't have been any help with this.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Spoke with a buddy of mine that works in corporate sales for Cellular Sales which is partially owned by VZW. He said they had NO phones in stock (not surprising).

Take the rest of what he said with a grain of salt....
He said that they were supposed to begin selling them on Monday 2/28. He said he had seen a working unit and said it was awesome. I asked him about battery life and he said "it's an HTC phone expect to charge it 2-3 times a day". When I inquired about the 2nd gen processor, he said that it had a dual core (remember the grain of salt I was talking about.....).

The wait continues....

Bryan

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Charge the battery 2-3X a DAY????? Are you kidding me? How often do you folks charge your current Androids?

I would say that if everyone's comments on how much the 4g network will drain the battery, if you are a heavy user on the 4g network, charging 2-3 times a day is quite possible. Nobody really knows for sure since no phones are currently out on their network. Time will tell.

I know on my 3g DINC, with heavy use, I am looking for a charge in the pm. Normal to light use, I can get through a day on one charge.

Bryan

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I expect battery life to be about the same as Evo, even though the TB has a slightly smaller battery (1400 mah vs. 1500 mah in the evo). The updated processor is supposed to be a little more efficient, so I figure that might make up for the 100 mah it lacks (my own theory).

With that said, I would expect 4G to be a feature that you occasionally enable in a time where you NEED higher speeds, but I bet that 90% of owners will keep it turned off most of the time (especially in rural areas where there is NO 4G, like myself). So, if it is anything like the evo, people will be buying up extended batteries and spare batteries for sure. I used the seidio 3500 on my evo, will do the same on the TB, just hope that Seidio designs a more attractive replacement back cover this time...

Don't expect to go 16 hours with heavy usage, it just isn't going to happen without extra battery power. I really don't understand why they didn't try to pack a larger battery in this phone, I would much rather a thicker phone that lasts all day.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo