Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Terrible battery life the cause of delays?

Not that it's a huge surprise. Another radio, an enormous screen and a battery much too small. Sigh.

Wow another rumor.. I can't take it anymore.

If the battery is the only reason for the delay and if the solution was just a firmware update, they could have released the phone and we would have gotten firmware update shortly after launch. Since there are rumors that the Thunderbolt was recalled mid shipment, I wonder if htc is going to put a higher capacity battery in it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I wonder if 4G just isn't primetime ready with current battery technology? It's sure as hell not functional in the Evo. 2-3 hours is beyond awful.

Quote Originally Posted by tekhna View Post
    I wonder if 4G just isn't primetime ready with current battery technology? It's sure as hell not functional in the Evo. 2-3 hours is beyond awful.
    WoW really?

hmm... may be i need to slow myself down going after 4G. I did not know that.

If that is true... it took them thus long to find that? Maybe VZW should give their phone to more people than Black Man X

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Banned

I was concerned about battery life before. But if this is true, it sounds just god awful.

Firmware update or not, you can't get blood from a stone...

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts
    ROM
    GNex: CM10. N7: stock

Lte is a shorter band frequency than wimax, 700MHz vs 2.4ghz. I'm no scientist, but I think that means less power consumption.

ROM
    Infected Eternity/stock

Quote Originally Posted by tekhna View Post
    That's on Sprint's WiMAX. Which is an extreme battery drainer in every light of the subject.

LTE is supposedly exponentially more efficient.
    Thunderbolt Saga > Brett Favre Saga
    Banned

I hope there's a option to turn 4G off so it won't even bother looking for a signal, while keeping the 3G antenna on.

Anyone know if this is the case? I don't have any experience with a phone that could connect to 2 data services...

edit: BTW, I don't live in an LTE area.
    Thanked by:
    BriVG 

Might be time to move on to another phone. I think this thing is turning into a bust!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Comineeyeaha View Post
    Lte is a shorter band frequency than wimax, 700MHz vs 2.4ghz. I'm no scientist, but I think that means less power consumption.
    Agreed!!!

Hey guys, I am new here but remember that you can always put a case on hold and get a better battery. Exactly what my friend did.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman125 View Post
    Hey guys, I am new here but remember that you can always put a case on hold and get a better battery. Exactly what my friend did.
    Yeah but who wants that extra bulk...
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt2011 View Post
    That's on Sprint's WiMAX. Which is an extreme battery drainer in every light of the subject.

LTE is supposedly exponentially more efficient.
    Right, emphasis on supposedly. If there's even a modicum of truth however to the engadget article, in practice it may not be much different.

Crappy battery life is a MAJOR concern of mine and this thread is worrying me... I mean Monday - Friday from 8:30 - 5:00 I have a power outlet and wall charger available to me. From 8:00 - 8:30 and 5:00 - 5:30 I have a car charger available. I can obviously charge the phone at home. I guess it's not really that big of an issue now haha (I've talked myself out of it).

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This is one of the concerns I have had since day one with the Tbolt. Couple the fact that my experience with battery life on past HTC devices hasn't been great, toss in a 4G radio and 4.3" screen...=\

Hopefully it gets fixed. Or at least a larger battery included.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

If there are handoff issues with LTE as rumored, then that would definitely drain the battery. I'm confident they can get this ironed out. The wait sucks, but this bad boy will be worth it.

The guy at Wirefly or any other videos on the net haven't done battery tests yet?

Quote Originally Posted by thedeceiver View Post
    If that is true... it took them thus long to find that? Maybe VZW should give their phone to more people than Black Man X

He's said there has been battery issue's with the T-bolt from the beginning. But I guess he was just ignored, since he's not engadgets

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bwangster12 View Post
    The guy at Wirefly or any other videos on the net haven't done battery tests yet?
    Exactly my thoughts. I kind of already planned on needing an extended battery so I am not too concerned about this.
    Send files between your Android and your PC with Dropbox - Click here

Quote Originally Posted by am4966 View Post
    He's said there has been battery issue's with the T-bolt from the beginning. But I guess he was just ignored, since he's not engadgets
    Yeah it they have had this phone since November. How is this just coming up? Shoulda seen this at least 2 months ago

ROM
    Das BAMF 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Bwangster12 View Post
    If you notice the wirefly vids, he explicitly did not include that information. Even after being asked (before the second video was filmed).

Also the camera was (or, appears to have been) ignored as well. To rub sodium chloride into the wound, he ended up taking pictures and video with the Galaxy S 4G phone in the next review... something that wasn't expected to have changed at all, and really didn't.

After seeing this posted, I really expect the camera to be worthless. Yeah, I'm getting jaded. Still probably going to get the phone due to lack of choices at the time and the fact that it's still going to be one of the better options for awhile.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by eye4ni View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. I kind of already planned on needing an extended battery so I am not too concerned about this.
    The article is talking about 2-3 hours. Even if they improve the battery life 100% you're talking about abysmal battery life. 200% and you're starting to get to functional. Both the Atrix and the iphone 4 appear to be able to make it 24+ hours. If they get it into Inspire territory I think we'd swallow it, but that's no great shakes.

Quote Originally Posted by zshazz View Post
    If you notice the wirefly vids, he explicitly did not include that information. Even after being asked (before the second video was filmed).

Also the camera was (or, appears to have been) ignored as well. To rub sodium chloride into the wound, he ended up taking pictures and video with the Galaxy S 4G phone in the next review... something that wasn't expected to have changed at all, and really didn't.

After seeing this posted, I really expect the camera to be worthless. Yeah, I'm getting jaded. Still probably going to get the phone due to lack of choices at the time and the fact that it's still going to be one of the better options for awhile.
    Assumptions aside, here's a fact. The reason why Bod didn't do the 4G speed test was because he didn't have the 4G Sim card required to get on the 4G network. And there weren't 4G cards since Verizon hasn't release the phone yet. He did mention this in the videos.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast