- 167 Posts
What is your backup plan?
Okay well I am starting to feel like the Thunderbolt is either going to be a disappointment or pushed back another month/year/whatever...
Just in case the phone isnt here soon, or has 15mins of battery life, or is hoarded by kim jong il.. what other phone will you throw your money at?
- 02-25-2011, 08:47 PM #2
- 02-25-2011, 08:49 PM #3
Plan B- What if TB is a looong time in releasing
I am starting to think that maybe I may need a plan B regarding the TB. My storm 2 is almost toast and I am not sure how much longer I can wait. There is a possibility that the TB release could be delayed for a loong time, battery problems etc. I have a second upgrade coming up the end of June. I want to stay with Verizon, I want an android OS, want a 4.3 screen. Any suggestions on a back up plan phone? Do I go to Ebay or just buy another phone new. I think I am being practical,not negative.
- 02-25-2011, 08:51 PM #4
- 370 Posts
I bought an iPhone this week. Asides from google maps and the deicated search and voice recognition, I don't really miss android. I'm really surprised as I've used android since the og droid was released. I'll probably revisit it this summer.
Last edited by flashpiti; 02-25-2011 at 09:57 PM.
- 02-25-2011, 08:52 PM #5
- 02-25-2011, 09:05 PM #7
- 85 Posts
if it's really taking too long or not as good as we expected then i'm definitely going to just wait til the summer. june is only 3 months away...though my phone is dying, i've practically waited that long for this phone, i can do it again. i'm intrigued to see how all the android releases this summer will be. also, if apple is doing anything special, and even the hp pre3 looks pretty sweet.
the wait for the TB is driving me crazy i tell you! i'm not even the same person! lol
- 02-25-2011, 09:06 PM #8
- 02-25-2011, 09:08 PM #9
- 02-25-2011, 09:08 PM #10
- 02-25-2011, 09:16 PM #11
- 02-25-2011, 09:53 PM #12
- 370 Posts
- 02-25-2011, 10:22 PM #13
- 02-25-2011, 11:27 PM #14
- 02-25-2011, 11:40 PM #15
- 02-25-2011, 11:47 PM #16
- 02-25-2011, 11:54 PM #17
I can wait for a while. I'm currently running a Palm Pixi, but will probably upgrade to a Pre if the Bolt doesn't arrive next week. Then I can just bide my time until other stuff comes out. LTE isn't hugely important, but it was definitely a plus. If worse comes to worse, I can pick up an X2, or maybe the Samsung LTE. (or, if the Bionic is out by then, then I'll get that)
- 02-26-2011, 01:23 AM #18
- 1,478 Posts
- GummyNex 0.3.8
Back up plan? Hold Verizon CEO hostage until I get my Thunderbolt?
Well, seriously, I don't have a backup plan. The only other new devices I am remotely interested in are Bionic and Sammy 4G. But TBolt is what I really want.
I am not changing carriers so Atrix is out of the question. And I don't like iPhone.
- 02-26-2011, 01:28 AM #19
So I'll either get the Bolt, or just wait for the Bionic. I like HTC though, so it'll probably be the Bolt.
- 02-26-2011, 01:47 AM #20
- 02-26-2011, 01:57 AM #21
Worst case scenario, I just keep my Fascinate until something else really catches my eye. I'm not very excited about the Bionic, so I don't see myself going to that. Merge hasn't really caught my eye, either. I'm not really dissatisfied with my Fascinate...more or less just bored.
- 02-26-2011, 02:07 AM #22
- 02-26-2011, 02:10 AM #23
- 02-26-2011, 02:14 AM #24
I actually just returned the iPhone 4 for Verizon, and am on a Palm Pixi and actually really loving WebOS. (got the pixi for $50 NEW from a Verizon dealer in downtown Chicago) I like WebOS enough that I picked up a barely used Pre Plus for $70. Even though I want the Bolt, I won't mind if I have to spend some extra time with the Pre.
- 02-26-2011, 02:42 AM #25