There's a storm brewing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycho_maniac

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I called 3 Verizon stores and 2 Best Buys and they absolutely all said the same thing. No release date. Either this phone isn't being released this Thursday or Verizon and Best buy has the most clueless workers in retail.

you know verizon reps very well. we prolly know more than them.

mischiefse7en

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
i have a hard time believing that, i did speedtest last night and mine was 1025kbps which is not too bad, and my house is 30mbps at its fastest

htc_thunderbolt_speedtest.jpg

not sure if this been posted yet or not found it on twitter

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i have a hard time believing that, i did speedtest last night and mine was 1025kbps which is not too bad, and my house is 30mbps at its fastest

That might actually be possible, If you look at the 4G card speeds they can reach that in some areas, I live in Cincinnati and work at Best Buy, as i took one home and got speeds close to that

NCX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

According to the info i translated it into

thats a whopping (**fixed speed**)

34345 Kbps
= 257.59 MB/min
= 4.29 MB/s
= 34.35 Mbps
= 4.09 MiB/s
= 15.46 GB/h

Makes sense since there really is hardly anyone on the network, when the network gets to capacity the numbers will drop to more realistic levels, on average we should still see around 10-13meg speeds

DroidNewbee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I returned my DX at BestBuy after 13 days on Saturday. I called my VZW to make sure that the contract had been reversed. The person at my local store said that their system does not show a reversal, but that I should try Customer Care.

At customer care, I spoke to Jesse, about this and that I never got my new every two. He said that it could take 10 days for my contract to revert back to the old expiration date. I was not happy, so I explained to him, rather tersely, that I have gotten nothing but bad information from both VZW and BestBuy (which isn't his fault). I told him that I had to return the DX because I get no signal in my office, so I need something on the 700 MHz frequencies for better building penetration. I asked him when they will have a 700 MHz phone available, and he said "we have no launch date for the Thunderbolt."

I then asked him how much my early termination fee would be for all 3 lines, because I can't wait 10 days or possibly longer before I get a 700 MHz phone. He put me on hold, and here is the relevant part...

Jesse came back on the line and said "we just got confirmation that the Thunderbolt will be launched on March 17." He also said that there would be NO online presale. I think that VZW reps know the launch date, but are not allowed to say it for some reason. It seems that Jesse got special permission to tell me the date because they didn't want to lose an already upset customer to a competitor. Take this information for what it is worth. It isn't definitive without an "Official" announcement, but it is one more piece of the puzzle that points towards St. Paddy's day.

Last edited:

Atrav

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

thats a whopping 50meg

Makes sense since there really is hardly anyone on the network, when the network gets to capacity the numbers will drop to more realistic levels, on average we should still see around 10-13meg speeds
My God if only that was the standard wireless speed. Hell I would even take that hard wired.

mischiefse7en

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
That might actually be possible, If you look at the 4G card speeds they can reach that in some areas, I live in Cincinnati and work at Best Buy, as i took one home and got speeds close to that

i was searching for 4g speeds and found this, OT, but interesting :
complaints that AT&T was apparently caping upload speeds on the Atrix 4G Phone to 300 kbps, far below what the phone is cable of and nowhere near 4G speed. Well AT&T has responded to the complaints and assuring their customers that they aren?t capping upload speeds at all, but rather, they?re not offering 4G uploads period? yet. HUH? Aren?t they already selling it as a 4G phone?

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I got it at Best Buy, they still give you a 30 day return policy, 14 days to get out of the contract, 30 days to switch it to a different phone.

That's my understanding too.
VZW gives you 14 days to return it and walk, or exchange it for another phone.
BB as you say, 14/30 policy as said.

That does give BB a leg up, IMO...

NCX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Do what now?

Yeah, who and when did this WHO say What?

I updated the speeds guys, its not 50Meg but here's what the speeds translate out to, i jumped the gun on the first post, but i did fix the post

Here's what it should be:

34345 Kbps
= 257.59 MB/min
= 4.29 MB/s
= 34.35 Mbps
= 4.09 MiB/s
= 15.46 GB/h

You TOO can translate bandwidth speeds into formulas you CAN read!
http://web.forret.com/tools/bandwidth.asp

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site

thats a whopping **ERROR**

Yeah, lol. I was just about to correct you.

It looks like the connection might be 40Mbps down/up per connection, which translates to around 5,100 KBps down/up speeds on an empty network. Still, 10-15Mbps, or 1300 to 1900 KBps down/up speeds, is very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699