There's a storm brewing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennnnn

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Uh no, I just took some things out which I do not wish for Verizon to see.

Edit: Just personal information that could lead to me was taken out.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The Google cache of that page doesn't include his original post, so it's hard to tell. I think a mod can see what previous versions said, though.

They sure can.

But looking at his other posts here was nothing out of the ordinary. Only thing that sticks out is Ben saying it definitely wasn't coming the 24th (said on the 15th or so).

Seminoles fan

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you really think Verizon is monitoring this board? Dude, give me a break. They are a major corporation and I am sure they don't spend their day browsing android forums looking for spy's who use proxy's and codding!! You said you covered your tracks, so why are you deleting posts? Makes no sense man!!
Uh no, I just took some things out which I do not wish for Verizon to see.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Do you really think Verizon is monitoring this board? Dude, give me a break. They are a major corporation and I am sure they don't spend their day browsing android forums looking for spy's who use proxy's and codding!! You said you covered your tracks, so why are you deleting posts? Makes no sense man!!

dude chill out!! if you dont believe him, dont believe him on your own time. Put on your tinfoil hat and chill out.

Bennnnn

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Surprisingly Verizon actually does read these forums. The Customer Development team is in charge of research for their android devices and guess where the best source of information on opinions of their products? Android forums. The big ones such as AC, Phandroid, Droid-Life, etc. Listening to what the customers and saying and improving their devices.

Seminoles fan

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
How can it improve their devices when we have never even used one? Plus wouldn't that be more of a HTC thing or Motorola? Verizon simply sells the phone, they don't manufacture it or anything of that nature. I don't know, I know that we are in the same business as you, you sell phones, we sell gps's and we don't monitor message boards for feedback, we get that through polls, sells figures and customer calls and emails. Those are legitimate ways of doing what you are saying.

Bennnnn

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
How can it improve their devices when we have never even used one? Plus wouldn't that be more of a HTC thing or Motorola? Verizon simply sells the phone, they don't manufacture it or anything of that nature. I don't know, I know that we are in the same business as you, you sell phones, we sell gps's and we don't monitor message boards for feedback, we get that through polls, sells figures and customer calls and emails. Those are legitimate ways of doing what you are saying.

They browse everything for consumer satisfaction and input with the devices and the carrier.

EDIT: You're comparing releases of phones to GPS units too. They are very different.

Bennnnn

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Well if so, maybe that's why the phone isn't out yet. They are monitoring a message board for feedback that is impossible for anyone to give since the phone is like a unicorn!!

I know its a mythical phone but its release is imminent! And trust me, they will be all over Android Central Forums the first day release to see how their beautiful phone and LTE network is holding up.

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Seminoles fan, check yourself man. I understand where you're coming from, but no need to flame Ben. Just because your company has certain customer satisfaction protocol doesn't mean all the companies function like that....that's a generalization if I've ever seen one. Ben's just trying to help us out. If he's wrong he's just going to make himself look like an a$$. No need for you to start bashing him (even though we've read dozens of these posts before). C'mon now.....

green77

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I know its a mythical phone but its release is imminent! And trust me, they will be all over Android Central Forums the first day release to see how their beautiful phone and LTE network is holding up.

What day do you think they'll be here at AC?

Seminoles fan

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough. I am just sick of all the dates and the inside info that has NEVER panned out yet. I hope he is right and I am not saying he ain't but I am also hesitant to say he is either without any sort of proof.
Seminoles fan, check yourself man. I understand where you're coming from, but no need to flame Ben. Just because your company has certain customer satisfaction protocol doesn't mean all the companies function like that....that's a generalization if I've ever seen one. Ben's just trying to help us out. If he's wrong he's just going to make himself look like an a$$. No need for you to start bashing him (even though we've read dozens of these posts before). C'mon now.....

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Bennnnn,

In those financial forecasts you're working on, can you take a look at the revenue side for ThunderBolt and see what number is there for 4G data plans? Would it be $30 or $45? Just wondering. ;)

I'll be adding a new line for my ThunderBolt. If the data price is going up at launch, I'd be willing to go ahead and add the line now using an old dumb phone and adding a smartphone data plan with hope that it would be grandfathered in. But if it's not necessary, I'd rather not go through the hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay