There's a storm brewing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennnnn

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Bennnnn,

In those financial forecasts you're working on, can you take a look at the revenue side for ThunderBolt and see what number is there for 4G data plans? Would it be $30 or $45? Just wondering. ;)

I'll be adding a new line for my ThunderBolt. If the data price is going up at launch, I'd be willing to go ahead and add the line now using an old dumb phone and adding a smartphone data plan with hope that it would be grandfathered in. But if it's not necessary, I'd rather not go through the hassle.

They haven't officially told anyone the exact amount yet (We have multiple forecasts) but I'm certain is $30/Unlimited for now.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Once we start compiling sales progress reports to start tracking initial sales, its about to go on sale.

Get the hell off of AC and start compiling those sales progress reports!! Immediately, that's an order! ;-)

no but really.

(thanks for the hopeful info too)

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Ben thanks for the Tip! I'll be looking for a announcement and if when it comes will be in here with the rest of the fella's/ladies going crazy over the launch!

Also, if you dont want to believe him than dont....I know we've all have read and seen so many dates and tips that its made us all skeptical. But at some point we just have to remember not to shoot the messenger!

Reactions: Nitros7

menji

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok ok ok ok. I really do believe Bennnnn 100%. but in all honesty, even if it's not true, there is no way in hell I will ever get mad at this post. The sheer awesomeness of it just made my day and made me LoL. More power to you Bennnnn. When it does come out on your date, I'll fed-ex you a beer. :D

and I know ppl are mad that it is all basically "speculation", but the funny thing is, when this thing finally comes out, we will all just sit back and laugh. " 'hey remember that time I almost bit your head off because I thought you lied about the release date of the Bolt?' 'that was 2 days ago...' "

Reactions: Bennnnn

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok ok ok ok. I really do believe Bennnnn 100%. but in all honesty, even if it's not true, there is no way in hell I will ever get mad at this post. The sheer awesomeness of it just made my day and made me LoL. More power to you Bennnnn. When it does come out on your date, I'll fed-ex you a beer. :D

and I know ppl are mad that it is all basically "speculation", but the funny thing is, when this thing finally comes out, we will all just sit back and laugh. " 'hey remember that time I almost bit your head off because I thought you lied about the release date of the Bolt?' 'that was 2 days ago...' "

OR WAS IT?!

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Do you really think Verizon is monitoring this board? Dude, give me a break. They are a major corporation and I am sure they don't spend their day browsing android forums looking for spy's who use proxy's and codding!! You said you covered your tracks, so why are you deleting posts? Makes no sense man!!

Funny you should ask. A couple years ago I was working in a call center for Verizon FiOS. There was an issue with the set top boxes where it wouldn't properly authenticate HDCP, so HDMI didn't work. We heard a date internally, which we were told to tell any customer who asked, of when it would get fixed. I went on to dlsreports.com in the FiOS forum and posted the dates based on where you lived, thinking I was doing a good service to people who would rather research online than call support. Within 2 days I was unemployed.

Verizon keeps a close eye on this stuff.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Please enlighten me. If you are familiar with my posts you will realize in no time that I am not the brightest out here.

So, what does Verizon have to gain by keeping the launch date a closely guarded secret?

Bennnnn

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Please enlighten me. If you are familiar with my posts you will realize in no time that I am not the brightest out here.

So, what does Verizon have to gain by keeping the launch date a closely guarded secret?

They don't want to post a date then redact it due to issues and disappoint everyone. You can't be mad at Verizon for missing a "release date" they never announced.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
They don't want to post a date then redact it due to issues and disappoint everyone. You can't be mad at Verizon for missing a "release date" they never announced.

I see. So does that mean that there is still a possibility, however slim, that the date you were given will be pushed back?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I see. So does that mean that there is still a possibility, however slim, that the date you were given will be pushed back?

I would think anytime a release date leaked or not is out it has a chance to be pushed back. And I would assume the more times its pushed back the less likely it would be pushed back again. I'm hoping it will be released by next Thursday :)

Gage

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the information...I'm just hoping this phone gets released soon so that when my contract is up at the end of the March it will have been reviewed and tested a little bit (I also plan on doing my on hands-on before I purchase) before I make my final decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.