So will it come with 40GB out of the box?

MrMC7992

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
it comes with the max. they basically give you everything it'll be able to handle. and if you wanna expand 40 gigs you sir are a mad man! ;)

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
As soon as they come out with a sd card that will hold more than 32 gigs. Unless you plan on shooting a feature film on your phone in HD, I don't see how this could be an issue. 40 gigs is a TON...

Spartan616

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
The fact of the matter is, a 32 GB microSD card is the largest size for SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) cards. The SD Association has come out with a new format called SDXC (Secure Digital eXtended Capacity) which can hold from 64GB to 2TB. Whenever microSDXC cards become affordable enough, they won't work with most smartphones today, because the ports aren't designed to handle XC cards.

If you remember, there were some feature phones that could only use microSD cards with a 4 or 8 GB storage capacity. I really doubt most cell phone users today, need more than 8GB (or 32GB for smartphone users) of external storage. Perhaps when we're using our smartphones as our main computer then I could happen.... And I'd be the first person in line waiting for that kind of phone.

EDIT: and when I mean new, I mean they revealed it CES 2009... so yeah I think we're still a bit aways from a 64GB microSDXC card.

ShawnMeds23

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am really amazed how far this technology has come, so fast. 32 gigs in a little card like this was something I couldn't even imagine 10 years ago...

bnsteele5

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
10 years ago I never imagined having a phone of my own, let alone a beast such as this lol.

10 years ago I was rocking a motorola V190 with interchangeable face plate covers and rechargeable AAA batteries... Needless to say it was pretty bad a$$

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
i remember when a 4 gig flash drive was $120. now it is like $20.

More like $15, at most. 8gb tend to be between the $20-25 range.

And I remember 13 years ago, when I was six, we got a computer with a 10gb hard drive for $900. And that was considered a very good machine. I carry literally 2-3 times that in my pocket at any given time.