What the most your willing to pay for this phone?

Larry123

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If you say that, then its going to be 300 dollars total since in order to pre-order the thunderbolt, you have to deposit 50 dollars and get a 50 dollar gift-like card. once it release, you pay the remaining which is 250 along with that card. That I believe is what Best Buy is trying to say.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you say that, then its going to be 300 dollars total since in order to pre-order the thunderbolt, you have to deposit 50 dollars and get a 50 dollar gift-like card. once it release, you pay the remaining which is 250 along with that card. That I believe is what Best Buy is trying to say.

Got ya. Lets hope it's 250 across the board.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

I never saw that angle. Well, I just posted on their wall to clarify if it is $249.99 + $50 down or it is $249.99 TOTAL. Let's see what they have to say.

It's good to see that at least Best Buy Mobile is answering ppl's questions on facebook, unlike Verizon Wireless which is more intent on deletiing posts they do no like.

ruger141

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I would prefer $200, $250 is my max. If the Plan is more than $30 then I will get an older model. Also anyone know if the Data Plan will allow BOTH 3g and 4g usage?

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Also anyone know if the Data Plan will allow BOTH 3g and 4g usage?
For now, they are saying it will be so. But it may change once the 4G coverage is expanded. But hopefully those of us who get into contract now will continue to pay the current rate until our contract is renewed.

withravenoushunger

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I never saw that angle. Well, I just posted on their wall to clarify if it is $249.99 + $50 down or it is $249.99 TOTAL. Let's see what they have to say.

It's good to see that at least Best Buy Mobile is answering ppl's questions on facebook, unlike Verizon Wireless which is more intent on deletiing posts they do no like.

I'm pretty sure it would still be $250 total. Its just that you pay the $50 upfront then pay the rest when you get it. If they didn't that would beat the purpose of a preorder deal. Like at Gamestop, you put $5 down on a preorder and pay the other $55 or whatever when you get it.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Since I have my preorder down, I'm willing to pay up to $200 out of pocket (+tax) and not a single penny more. If it's more than that my exact words will be, "Oh, I don't even want it then. I was promised $249.99 at preorder. I'll keep this Fascinate, and take my $50 deposit back. Bye."

Larry123

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Who knows. Salesperson can play tricky on you sometimes. It's just a heads up and at the same time, it does make sense.

edit: this is what I found on Best Buy's website. Although this aimed towards for preordering games and what not, I am pretty sure that the same rules will apply for cellphones:

"Q: Can you ensure the price listed at the time the pre-order is placed will remain the same?
A: Yes and no. When a price is assigned to a pre-ordered item, we are reasonably certain it will remain at that price. However, from time to time — given how far in advance we make items available to our customers — a price change will occur. If this happens, you will always receive the lower of the two prices. For example, if you order an item for $49.99 and the pre-order price is later dropped to $39.99, you will be charged only $39.99. If you ordered the item at $49.99 and the price rises to $59.99, you still pay only $49.99. When you place a pre-order, you are assured our lowest pre-release price."

So this probably means that even if it raised to 299.9 while in the first place was 249.99 when preordering, People who preordered the Thunderbolt will get it for 249.99 (lowest price which was stated at the end of their sentence).

You may correct me if I am wrong, but just trying to help you guys and clarify things up.
If Best Buy fudge us over, no comment. Done as much research possible on their "policy".

Last edited:

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Since I have my preorder down, I'm willing to pay up to $200 out of pocket (+tax) and not a single penny more. If it's more than that my exact words will be, "Oh, I don't even want it then. I was promised $249.99 at preorder. I'll keep this Fascinate, and take my $50 deposit back. Bye."

Exactly!! I don't know if I can be as strong as you!!! But what the heck, I'm gonna tell them the same thing.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Exactly!! I don't know if I can be as strong as you!!! But what the heck, I'm gonna tell them the same thing.

To quote your post a second time (all edited and whatnot, haha): Jacob from Best Buy Mobile on Facebook responded with a crystal clear answer to our confusion, if you didn't see (not a direct quote because I already closed that tab):

It will be priced at $249.99 for those who preordered. After applying the Gift Card we received, we will be left with a price of $199.99 to pay out of pocket.

Reactions: prakash99

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
To quote your post a second time (all edited and whatnot, haha): Jacob from Best Buy Mobile on Facebook responded with a crystal clear answer to our confusion, if you didn't see (not a direct quote because I already closed that tab):

It will be priced at $249.99 for those who preordered. After applying the Gift Card we received, we will be left with a price of $199.99 to pay out of pocket.

So, that was YOU!!! Haha.. Thanks!! Yes, I just saw Jacob's reply too. Actually, I came here to post the same thing but you beat me to it. This is nice for those of use who pre-ordered.

Now it remains to be seen what pricetag the phone comes with at VZW stores. If VZW also sells it at $249.99 there is no way BBY can sell it for $299.99. For everyone's sake, I hope the final 2-yr price is not $299.99. It is unfair for others to pay more just because they did not pre-order.

ksb63

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
With this being last ne2 $100 $150 will be most. I realize technology costs but we pay close to $5000 every two years for service. The development of new devices costs not the device itself most don't cost more than what we pay when we get the discount. When companies start overloading each carrier with multiple devices 6 motorola devices right now on verizon. If they would keep it to two devices high end and standard consumer it would help as they are not trying to recoup development of multiple phones.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
if this phone is $299, that is not a good sign for people looking at the bionic

I don't think it will be, but the Bionic doesn't have the storage space of the Thunderbolt. I mean I know people are saying they didn't have to give the Thunderbolt a 32GB card, but the card is $70 to $80 just about everywhere you look (unless you get it on sale). I'm sure HTC probably got a bit of a deal on it, so it probably didn't cost them $80 for each card, but I couldn't see them getting it for less than $50 a card.

And if that's the case, $249 seems about right because it already has 8GB internally and without the card it would be $199.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it will be, but the Bionic doesn't have the storage space of the Thunderbolt. I mean I know people are saying they didn't have to give the Thunderbolt a 32GB card, but the card is $70 to $80 just about everywhere you look (unless you get it on sale). I'm sure HTC probably got a bit of a deal on it, so it probably didn't cost them $80 for each card, but I couldn't see them getting it for less than $50 a card.

And if that's the case, $249 seems about right because it already has 8GB internally and without the card it would be $199.

It's a trade off. We get more storage space with the TB but the Bionic gets a bigger battery (which may or may not result in longer battery life). So, to get comparable with a bionic, assuming that dual cores are almost as efficient as the single core, we'd have to drop 70 bucks on a new battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084