Thunderbolt as primary music player?

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
So I've always had an Ipod for my music needs, but would like to have my music on my phone. (One less device to carry around)

Being that this phone will have ample room for storage, I was wondering what people's experiences were with managing music on their phones.

Will this come with a music player/software built in, or will I have to download one seperately? How does sound quality differ from that of an Ipod?

I guess my main concern for ditching my Ipod would be the battery life, but I'm planning on going with an extended anyways. I also recently converted my music collection over to Winamp so I guess I could manage my music with that. ;)

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
use pandora!!! best music app ever

i used isyncr to sync my itunes lib with my music player on my fascinate.

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I use pandora/slacer radio and power amp. Pandora and slacker radio kill the battery and audio quality seems to be a little less than an ipod. With power amp you can adjust the settings to make it sound better than your ipod. The Thunderbolt will also have an FM transmitter. Thunderbolt will be better than an ipod in every way except battery life.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I've been using my phone as a music player for some time ...since my BB Storm days. I even got a 32GB microSD card for my Fascinate.

Rowdy

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I use all of my phones to listen to music on. Never had a ipod :D
I just got download my music illegally lolz.
and this phone have a built in FM radio so not much of a new for slacker or pandora unless you want to listen to them. They may have more of a variety.

anon(149276)

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been using my phone as a music player for some time ...since my BB Storm days. I even got a 32GB microSD card for my Fascinate.
I've used the media player on my phone since my BB Pearl. And currently my OG Droid. I use the bluetooth streaming to my car so I have most of my music on my phone. Like you mentioned, battery life can suffer if you use it for extended periods of time. Especially on a new 4g phone.

However, if you're not hauling an ipod along, you could probably buy one of these like I did. Like it so far
Amazon.com: I-Up 6400mAh External Battery Pack for Iphone 4: Electronics

Dfresh

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
I too have been using my phone as a music player since my bb storm. Between slacker radio and my 32 gig card I am fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

withravenoushunger

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna be using it as my music player too. It's not gonna be too bad for me because I'll only be using it for music for maybe an hour a day. I know it has a lot of memory but I still wish it could have more. I wont even be able to fit 1/5th of my music library on there. Any way to access my music on my hard drive at home when I'm away? That would be awesome.

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
having had to use an IPHONE for an extended period of time and using this device for even longer I can say this.. Can you use the device as a music player? yes.. will it be as smooth or an experience as an IPOD? NO.. Apple takes pride in the music player in their iPhone and iPOD.. and the music player on these devices is easy to use, intelligent and well thought out. Android's and htc's music players are getting their (honeycombs is much improved) but if your a looking for a device as your only music player I wouldnt give up your ipod. and I will not even talk about the battery hit that streaming music over LTE causes.. lol

Reactions: akira751

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have played music on my phone 6-8 hours, using Pandora or "PowerAmp". about a 30% drop from a full charge (so fully charged I end up @ 70% battery left). So I think you will be ok.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
As people mention the battery drain is probably the biggest thing, but carrying a spare battery might be easier / better than carrying another device

elemerica

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I use my OG Droid with no issues (other than the stupid headphone jack). Copy the music I want from my PC and I use Winamp on the phone; works quite well.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I want to do the same thing. I'll leave my iPod permanently in the stereo dock at home and want to use the Thunderbolt as my everywhere else mp3 player. I've had music on my Treo for years but it sucks sucks sucks compared to my iPod from an ease-of-use standpoint. I don't want a repeat of that on the Thunderbolt so I want good software.

I've been reading about DoubleTwist for this and because it appears to sync with iTunes and import its playlists and all. Check it out.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I use the bluetooth streaming to my car so I have most of my music on my phone. [/url]

I cannot stream music via bluetooth to my car stereo. Is it because my car stereo does not support a2dp? (I don't know much about bluetooth so I thought I'd ask though it is off topic here)

akira751

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I cannot stream music via bluetooth to my car stereo. Is it because my car stereo does not support a2dp? (I don't know much about bluetooth so I thought I'd ask though it is off topic here)

That could be the issue. Not all head units do bt streaming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty