Respect to my local VZW store employee...

Ricom1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So I walked into my local VZW and asked the lady there about any information she may have.

She handed me the dummy unit and said, "We haven't heard anything from verizon...however I've heard the 14th, 17th, 24th, and 28th from the android forums, but those are just rumors".

I then asked if she knew anything about pricing, whether it would be $299 or $249 and she said, "Nothing official, just the rumors I've read online".

So she knew nothing (or at least convinced me of that), but more importantly, she didn't try to make anything up. I can respect that. This was in the Cary store in NC by crossroads.

bmcclure937

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the OP. I have respect for the Verizon Sales Reps and CSRs who admit they know the same as the consumer. Verizon is leaving everyone in the dark on this.

When I spoke to one CSR through online chat last week they said they only know as much as we do from the forums. And then in my local Verizon store the sales rep said that the launch date had been pushed back and they knew nothing official.

I think everyone just needs to chill. I am very anxious for the phone, as I currently have no data coverage in my new work location with my TMobile Nexus One. I used to be on the forums every day following the latest rumors and reading Twitter... but realized it was making the anxiety worse.

It will be out when it is ready. I would rather have it working properly.

Ricom1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Does each rumors, and naggings over supposed delays, "needed a thread"?

At least this is a positive message, which this forum could use.

That's pretty much what I was aiming for (something positive). I've seen so many rumor threads on released that were all wrong (so far). I thought it was nice to finally have a VZW employee give an honest answer that they "don't know" and that they're getting their answers from forums...a good chance this one. I appreciate this response and the honesty...sorry if some of you don't.;)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech