Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default BBM Coming To Android!!!

I wonder if it will be released before the thunderbolt??
    Last edited by NyStrongest; 03-03-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    5G

i can't wait for bbm whatever that is!

if they arent going to allow us to share pics etc Im not interested.

Doubt it'll ever happen. BBM uses RIM's PIN # system. It's proprietary to RIM. They would have to work something out where you can get a PIN # from rim applied to your phone. I don't see RIM opening up their servers to allow that. BBM is secure communication because it's limited to RIM. For now you can use LiveProfile. It works cross platform too.
    Thanked by:
    gbuffs 

Quote Originally Posted by 5G View Post
    i can't wait for bbm whatever that is!
    BlackBerry Messenger. It's an instant messenger service only for BlackBerrys..you can also see if the recipient read your message as well as sending pics, videos, voice notes, etc.
    [Verizon] HTC Thunderbolt 4G LTE Rooted with S-OFF
    Pick up date: [3.17.2011]
    Recovery: [Clockwork 3.0.2.5]
    ROM: [Das BAMF v1.5] Radio: [1.16.00.0402] Kernal: [2.6.32.21 BAMF 4.4.2]

ROM
    OMFGB Nighlies

Google Talk and Text Messaging are already available on Android!!! OMG! So excited! And i don't need someone's PIN number!! Awesome!!

Seriously, is the only reason people like BBM because they can see if someone has actually read the message? Am I missing something? I never understood why everyone is so in love with BBM...

It looks like it's going to be a stripped-down version of BBM.Supposedly going to the iPhone too.

Quote Originally Posted by QuikSilver39 View Post
    Doubt it'll ever happen. BBM uses RIM's PIN # system. It's proprietary to RIM. They would have to work something out where you can get a PIN # from rim applied to your phone. I don't see RIM opening up their servers to allow that. BBM is secure communication because it's limited to RIM. For now you can use LiveProfile. It works cross platform too.
    According to BGR it is supposed to. Lets see what happens down the line...

I prefer whatsapp

Quote Originally Posted by botero View Post
    Google Talk and Text Messaging are already available on Android!!! OMG! So excited! And i don't need someone's PIN number!! Awesome!!

Seriously, is the only reason people like BBM because they can see if someone has actually read the message? Am I missing something? I never understood why everyone is so in love with BBM...

I have asked some friends about this and they told me bc it is like being part of a cool club -___-

BBM is awesome because it is free. If you send messages thru BBM, you can save money on an unlimited texting plan.

The cool thing about BBM is you can send pics and videos as well without having to e-mail them.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

true the best part of BBM is seeing if the person read your message lets hope BGR is right with this one

Looking at the BGR article, it looks like it's going to be the same thing as google talk, but it'll work cross platform. You can't send pics or videos.

The cool thing about BBM is you can send pics and videos as well without having to e-mail them.
    You don't need BBM to do that, you can send a MMS...
    The thing I like about BBM is you can set up groups, it's like your own priate chat room....

Can I get a link to the article....

Quote Originally Posted by Suillira View Post
    You don't need BBM to do that, you can send a MMS...
    The thing I like about BBM is you can set up groups, it's like your own priate chat room....
    This is true....but BBM is faster.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

here the link

It also works world wide without having to use international data roaming. Just need a Wi-Fi connection and you're good to go.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

It also works world wide without having to use international data roaming. Just need a Wi-Fi connection and you're good to go.
    Yeah when I spent a semester traveling the world my buddies and I just got an unlimited international data plan and uses bbm. Worked awesome and we didn't have to pay like $.50 per text sent. Just had to pay 70 bux a month for data. And its also quicker than texting

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by LinxuSx View Post
    Yeah when I spent a semester traveling the world my buddies and I just got an unlimited international data plan and uses bbm. Worked awesome and we didn't have to pay like $.50 per text sent. Just had to pay 70 bux a month for data. And its also quicker than texting

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    $70 for data damnnnn
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Nice. BBM is good stuff. Great news.

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

depending on how its released, if its released. because the story made it sound like it wont be the exact same thing. but in any case, I'm not so excited.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Why aren't you excited this will be a great addition to android

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NyStrongest View Post
    Why aren't you excited this will be a great addition to android
    its just another msg'ing app. grant it, a very great one, but still just an app. I already have bbm, maybe that's why I'm indifferent. but in any case I would not miss it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Options are good. And I like it because some of my people are sticking with BlackBerry. Though I personally find Google Talk better because you can use that on phone or computer!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast