verizon turned apple fanboy

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I just looked at Verizon wireless site and the new update today is that the ipad2 will be here march 11th. I hope this is not the reason for the thunderbolt not getting a release date. :(

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
its a business, they are in business to make money. the ipad2 was announced with a release date. if the bolt was announced with a date it would be on that front page as well.....im just as upset about the bolt. so upset im already lookin for my backup plan.

get over it. they arent android wireless, they are verizon

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I just don't understand how they screwed up this launch so royally. VZW must have been convinced this phone was ready to go as evidenced by the media blitz, repeated mentions of "February" and the whole BB pre-order fiasco. How could such a major issue not be found until right before launch?

All the guesses about battery life or a 4g/3g hand-off or interaction issue would have to be at the TOP of the list of things to test and test extensively before even considering launching this phone.

The more I think about it, I don't believe there is an issue with the phone. I think there was an executive decision to pull this launch in order to change/increase the data plan pricing.

Reactions: Bytor70

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I see the difference and I see why others see it as well. Verizon did NOT announce the iPad2 launch date APPLE did. Apple dictates who, what, where, when, why and how you can do anything with selling their products.

Its time the other manufacturers took control from the carriers, Google is the biggest problem there is when it comes to Android OS. They do not set standards and the Carriers walk all over everyone.

HTC did state at MWC that the TB was shipped to Verizon, yet Verizon continues to drag their feet on a launch date. Yes Verizon is in business to make money, I never said they weren't but they are also losing business to those who are not willing to wait.

jayheartxo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Seems to me that the Apple fanboy sentiment is just about spot on. I'm glad to see a business thrive, really, I am. I have nothing against Apple or their products. They make decent hardware and a very clean and minimalistic OS that works pretty well.

The problem that I'm having with all this is it really does seem like Verizon is jumping all over the "iCan" bandwagon now that they have that phone. They're not Android wireless, but when that was all they had they used the Droid line to drag the iPhone through the mud at every possible turn.

Now they're ignoring a very big client base of theirs. Granted the majority may not be on the internet like us here. Watching and waiting with bated breath hoping for a glimmer of news on the next generation of Android devices. That doesn't mean that they aren't waiting and wondering what's going to happen.

I'm not a huge fan of the Thunderbolt, I'm excited for it, but mostly because right now it seems like that's the cork in the bottle that won't come loose and let the other wonderful new devices out.

So we haven't been given an official release date. This phone isn't delayed. That's truth right there. What we have been given instead is promises and hype over this amazing new 4G/LTE network that will make all of our dreams come true (and possibly unicorns), but no phone as of yet to take advantage of it. Verizon is a business. That business is cell phones. In a world where most businesses have public WiFi for customers, some fancy new air card is just not going to cut it.

So, is touting this amazing network and then giving us a phone that can't take advantage of that good business? I don't think it's going to hurt them, but I don't think it's the best decision in the world.

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It's not fanboyism, it's business. many of you have some emotional connection to these devices that borders on pathological. They market what's going to make them the most money and right now those are apple products.

banderbe

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I actually have a visceral dislike of Apple. It's at the cellular level. It's the way they market their products, and how they appeal to herd mentality to build momentum for their products so that after a while people don't even know why they're buying Apple products. They only know that everyone they know has one and that they need to have one too.

PhxBlue

Super Geek
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I actually have a visceral dislike of Apple. It's at the cellular level. It's the way they market their products, and how they appeal to herd mentality to build momentum for their products so that after a while people don't even know why they're buying Apple products. They only know that everyone they know has one and that they need to have one too.

I wouldnt go that far with it. Have you ever owned one?

jayheartxo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
There is something distinctly cult like about it all. Almost to the point where there should be free punch served at the Genius Bar. Still though, I know a lot of people that genuinely purchase Apple products based on the merits of the hardware and software.

I don't know if I'd blame Apple 100% for feeding that herd mentality, like flashpiti said, it's business and they're out to make money. I'd split it 50/50. Half to Apple for playing that card and half to the herd that eagerly clamors for the latest Apple products.

Anyway, who are we to judge? :3

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The whole reason for this thread was the lack of a release date being provided from verizon for the Tb or any 4g phone. The network must not be as ready as they promised. Has any problems been reported from the 38 cities and airports that have it. As I have read in the threads there has been many reasons for the delay all speculation. The battery, the network, camera, skype ect. but I have seen numerous post here and other web sites that say HTC shipped the phones to verizon a month ago and that they verizon is the ones holding up the release. In less than 1 month we had the iphone 4 released and the ipad2 announced with a date only 1 month after the iphone 4 thats 2 apple products but no 4g phones or 4g tablets. but it seems all the 4g phones that were shown to us in jan at ces that looked to work have not materialized. Makes you wonder where are they now I really feel bad for the ones who put the $50. 00 down at bestbuy 1 month ago. who is collecting the intrest on all that money? not the customers i bet. And to end all this we still dont have an official release date. Why?

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I wouldnt go that far with it. Have you ever owned one?

I can tell you that I have. And everything is trash for the money you pay for it. The only good thing Apple has ever put a reasonable price on is iPods. Everything else is overpriced, underperforming trash.

Although even I have to admit, the physical build quality is very good. Still doesn't justify the products being overpriced and targeted towards ignorance.

Reactions: Bytor70

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I can tell you that I have. And everything is trash for the money you pay for it. The only good thing Apple has ever put a reasonable price on is iPods. Everything else is overpriced, underperforming trash.

Although even I have to admit, the physical build quality is very good. Still doesn't justify the products being overpriced and targeted towards ignorance.

The newest MBP's are certainly not trash. I priced out similarly specced models for the one I ended up with (a 15 inch model), and they cost EXACTLY the same as what I paid.

Being an anti-apple fanboy is just as bad as being an apple one. Your comments have no justification whatsoever.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...218242897223%26skuId%3D1250655&token=h_mxC8hq

I got this for $650 about 3 1/2 months ago, not the current list price (except mine came with an i5, not the AMD one).

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...218268442192%26skuId%3D1535836&token=NfdbVVCT

Sorry, that isn't an $1100 processor, or worth the single step up in resolution.

Edit: And I'm not saying the Macbook Pro is bad, but for WHAT YOU'RE PAYING there's no reason my 3+ month old laptop should have almost identical specs at 1/3 the cost. Also, since that's not what we're here for, I'm not going to argue about it anymore, although I welcome a response.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463