March 17th - A date I found when I did a Google Search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(157335)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Im just going by what I saw on google.
Go to google, type in htc thunderbolt and go to realtime.
You will see it.

Sorry, but a bunch of people on Twitter saying that the phone is releasing on the 17th doesn't constitute proof. If you had done the same "research" last month you would have found out that the release date was February 14.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Here's what Bennnnn said...

Okay guys, so I was pulled into a conference call earlier this morning regarding the Thunderbolt and other unmentioned phones and I have good news and bad news.

Good news: In relation to the 4G LTE data plans, if you are currently signed up, or will sign up for 4G LTE data plans in the near future, you WILL be grandfathered in once tiered prices hit this summer and you will NOT have to pay more than the $30 per month for unlimited. So sign up early and lock that unlimited data in.

Now, onto more disturbing topics...

Bad news is that the Thunderbolt will not meet its previously scheduled launch date of March 10th [AGAIN] and is now moving to its consequent launch date of the 17th, hence the postponement of shipped devices from the system and withheld announcements. This makes sense as to why the announcement was missed earlier this week.

Now, I acknowledge the fact that some of us have been waiting for this device since November 23rd, myself included, but we have to realize that in _less than two weeks_, this device will be in our hands.

Now, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am only relaying the information I was told this morning. Regardless of how much time we have left until launch, I'm sure we can all agree that we have a beautiful, and lightning fast device to look forward to within the next two weeks.

Geeksy

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, I dont want this to be another rumor.
Just wait for tuesday.

It's not enough anymore. "Just wait" "I have a source" "I'm a thing." It just isn't enough for us anymore. You're talking to people who have been waiting for a phone for going on five months. Ben5 has put his job on the line to help us, his identity has been relatively confirmed, and we generally trust him.

I'm not mad at you, we simply need more than "Just wait." We have been waiting for a season.

Rowdy

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Here's what Bennnnn said...

Okay guys, so I was pulled into a conference call earlier this morning regarding the Thunderbolt and other unmentioned phones and I have good news and bad news.

Good news: In relation to the 4G LTE data plans, if you are currently signed up, or will sign up for 4G LTE data plans in the near future, you WILL be grandfathered in once tiered prices hit this summer and you will NOT have to pay more than the $30 per month for unlimited. So sign up early and lock that unlimited data in.

Bad news is that the Thunderbolt will not meet its previously scheduled launch date of March 10th [AGAIN] and is now moving to its consequent launch date of the 17th, hence the postponement of shipped devices from the system and withheld announcements. This makes sense as to why the announcement was missed earlier this week.

Now, I acknowledge the fact that some of us have been waiting for this device since November 23rd, myself included, but we have to realize that in _less than two weeks_, this device will be in our hands.

Now, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am only relaying the information I was told this morning. Regardless of how much time we have left until launch, I'm sure we can all agree that we have a beautiful, and lightning fast device to look forward to within the next two weeks.

Well it just felt like everyone ganged up on me :)
Thanks Green Laser for showing more proof.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
We're all tired and have gone a bit kookoo.
But like I said before, don't let this phone divide us. We have no option anyways (us waiting for This phone Are stuck with no option).

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Black man x really seems to agree with this and he said this date back in November so I tend to agree with this.

Just have to Believe in PANDA NATION!

black_man_x The Mobile Panda
All these people that didn't believe what I told them MONTHS ago till someone else tells them? Damn the panda is never wrong..

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
They're like starved, rabid dogs...they gang up on anyone with a release date. I think they're just tired of being spoon-fed vanilla-flavored bullsh*t

This hits the nail on the head!

It does not matter who comes on here with a release date, they are going to get jumped all over!

micoyote1

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Well it just felt like everyone ganged up on me :)
Thanks Green Laser for showing more proof.

Both of these are just just rumors....either of them show any proof...He said...I heard...I was on a conference call...all just words....I was in on that call too and it was mostly about who is bringing the donuts on Friday to the " How can we piss off our vzw customers even more" meeting. If you are going to post release dates bring something solid to the table...not this my moms boss heard from this dude on a street corner who was at a video chat with obama who is also waiting on the thunder bolt carp.

Heard this several times before...even if it might be true...ya have to stop and think....does this really hold any water...is 2 weeks a set in stone date...Really?

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I heard from a friend of a friend that it will be released in 10 minutes from now!!!!**

Hey: At least in 10 minutes we'll know if I'm right or wrong, instead of in two weeks XD

**By the way I'm joking

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Just have to Believe in PANDA NATION!

black_man_x The Mobile Panda
All these people that didn't believe what I told them MONTHS ago till someone else tells them? Damn the panda is never wrong..

He also said the 24th. So, he took the drop dead release date and sat on it. Cool. Doesn't make him "right". Just means he's conservative.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I guess I don't believe either. Bennnn also said March 10th was set in stone. That hasn't happened yet. But I can't believe that VZW set any of the rumored dates and that this phone got pushed so much.

I'm starting to think March 17 was the date all along and no one knows anything.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I guess I don't believe either. Bennnn also said March 10th was set in stone. That hasn't happened yet. But I can't believe that VZW set any of the rumored dates and that this phone got pushed so much.

I'm starting to think March 17 was the date all along and no one knows anything.

Bennnn just confirmed in his thread that 3/17 was original date after all. And then VZW tried to push the launch to an earlier date because of all the other phones coming out but things did not work out.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What about the March 10 date? Why would Bennnn state that was the release date for sure? Surely VZW didn't tell him that knowing the iPad was launched then.

Geeksy

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
What about the March 10 date? Why would Bennnn state that was the release date for sure? Surely VZW didn't tell him that knowing the iPad was launched then.

Sorry guys I've been pretty busy with family stuff this weekend, but I'll try to be on later tonight to answer questions.

Just to clarify for all those who are confused, I'll try to explain this situation to the best of my knowledge:

Well before CES was even hosted, Verizon had an official hard launch date of March 17th for the HTC Thunderbolt. As more phones were being announced and pushed onto the market that rivaled the Thunderbolt, Verizon scheduled an early push for this phone, February 14th. Due to arising problems with battery life on 4G LTE services, this initial early push date was missed and rescheduled for a later date, March 10th. Today we were informed that this phone was not completely ready for a launch date as early as March 10th, and cancelled all early launch plans, reverting back to the initial date of March 17th.

Hope this clears up some questions.

EDIT: Delay has nothing to do with the iPad. They are two separate device categories.

Yup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87