- 29 Posts
htc getting upset about thunderbolt's delay?
I was searching around and ran into this article HTC Thunderbolt: HTC Threatening Verizon For Delay?
Hope they're right and the phone gets a propper release date in the next couple days.
- 03-06-2011, 05:22 AM #2
- 03-06-2011, 06:04 AM #3
- 03-06-2011, 08:46 AM #4
- 03-06-2011, 08:48 AM #5
- 03-06-2011, 09:05 AM #6
- 1,077 Posts
Also, no way VZW bought all the units they will ever need in the first buy. They just buy what they think they will need to meet initial demand.
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
- 03-06-2011, 09:40 AM #7
- 48 Posts
U think Verizon would have bought all the units htc made so far to avoid another incredible fiasco. Plus its the first 4g phone on the network these things are gonna fly off the shelves. Rember there's only a handful of us that watch these forums maybe 3% of smartphone users. When the other 97% realize this os the first 4g phone for VZW they are going to fly to the stores to get them..... They better have alot stock piled ... jst my two cents _
- 03-06-2011, 09:46 AM #8
- 03-06-2011, 09:56 AM #9
- 03-06-2011, 10:07 AM #10
- 03-06-2011, 05:37 PM #11
- 03-06-2011, 05:43 PM #12
At CES 2011 early January, Verizon announced their four 4G phones and a few other devices and claimed that they will be released "as early as March," which we found out recently to mean the 17th for the T-Bolt.
However, at CES T-Mobile and AT&T boasted their HSPA+ networks as "4G" and faster than any other 4G offerings available, along with very competitive devices such as the Atrix. The T-Bolt looked to pale in comparison, so Verizon tried its best to release the device a month early on February 14th.
However, no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't work out all the kinks in time for a 14th, 21st, 24th, or 28th release, and now it seems they said "eff it" and are going to release it on the original March 17th date just to be safe.
That being said, HTC is probably NOT pissed at Verizon for "delaying" the device since it never really got delayed in the first place; it's simply "not early" and "on time".
That Sentrix guy has a lot less credibility than Ben^5, so don't pay his ramblings any heed. Also, HTC is still advertising all weekend so that whole exchange about HTC threatening to pull adds if VZW didn't announce a release by Saturday was obviously bullcrap.
- 03-06-2011, 05:50 PM #13