1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default htc getting upset about thunderbolt's delay?

I was searching around and ran into this article
    Hope they're right and the phone gets a propper release date in the next couple days.

Global Posts
    581 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 1.6.3 Remix/2.4 Lean

Nothing credible there. Could've been a mobile best buy manager talking to his boss for all we know.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

We all know Verizon has not done any favors for the sales of this phone and it would be absolutely logical that HTC is pissed but, we won't ever know the truth.

My guess is that if HTC sold phones to VZW and they're in the VZW warehouse, HTC has already been paid for their product so what's to be upset about?
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

HTC probably wants their product out there, with good press and happy users.

I don't know though. I've never been involved in big business or companies.

Quote Originally Posted by debsdroid View Post
    My guess is that if HTC sold phones to VZW and they're in the VZW warehouse, HTC has already been paid for their product so what's to be upset about?
    They want to sell more units. If they are the only 4g phone on the market for VZW they have a captive audience. When bionic and the Samsung phones roll then customers will have choice and that will eat into their sales.

Also, no way VZW bought all the units they will ever need in the first buy. They just buy what they think they will need to meet initial demand.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

U think Verizon would have bought all the units htc made so far to avoid another incredible fiasco. Plus its the first 4g phone on the network these things are gonna fly off the shelves. Rember there's only a handful of us that watch these forums maybe 3% of smartphone users. When the other 97% realize this os the first 4g phone for VZW they are going to fly to the stores to get them..... They better have alot stock piled ... jst my two cents _

Quote Originally Posted by deadlydreamx View Post
    I was searching around and ran into this article
    Hope they're right and the phone gets a propper release date in the next couple days.
    I lold

ROM
    Stock/Franco

Quote Originally Posted by debsdroid View Post
    are you sure they have been paid? For all we know HTC wont be paid until the phones are being sold. Retail is not that straight forward. HTC has prob only seen R and D costs and a down payment for the devices.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Abeast v4

Quote Originally Posted by thedeceiver View Post
    They want to sell more units. If they are the only 4g phone on the market for VZW they have a captive audience. When bionic and the Samsung phones roll then customers will have choice and that will eat into their sales.

Also, no way VZW bought all the units they will ever need in the first buy. They just buy what they think they will need to meet initial demand.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I have a feeling Samsung will be disapointed with their sales on their next gen phone. I, for one, will never buy a samsung phone again.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Samsung is a non starter for me, I don't buy products that don't receive support and updates are a big factor in that.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

At CES 2011 early January, Verizon announced their four 4G phones and a few other devices and claimed that they will be released "as early as March," which we found out recently to mean the 17th for the T-Bolt.

However, at CES T-Mobile and AT&T boasted their HSPA+ networks as "4G" and faster than any other 4G offerings available, along with very competitive devices such as the Atrix. The T-Bolt looked to pale in comparison, so Verizon tried its best to release the device a month early on February 14th.

However, no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't work out all the kinks in time for a 14th, 21st, 24th, or 28th release, and now it seems they said "eff it" and are going to release it on the original March 17th date just to be safe.

That being said, HTC is probably NOT pissed at Verizon for "delaying" the device since it never really got delayed in the first place; it's simply "not early" and "on time".

That Sentrix guy has a lot less credibility than Ben^5, so don't pay his ramblings any heed. Also, HTC is still advertising all weekend so that whole exchange about HTC threatening to pull adds if VZW didn't announce a release by Saturday was obviously bullcrap.

ROM
    Stock/Franco

I think the Announcement of a Date is what has HTC upset. if any of what was posted is true at all. HTC would just want VZW to commit to a release date and an announcement.