Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bam! Game Over.

How is the Thunderbolt going to look in the face of its competition?

the nexus s is the best part of it. evo 3d? i think 3d is a gimmick at this point.

an also we dont no exactly when these phones will be release. could be q3 q4.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex

Quote Originally Posted by Captcha Your Soul View Post

How is the Thunderbolt going to look in the face of its competition?
    I still think the Tbolt's going to look just fine. Evo 3d? That's all they got? I don't really see any game changers.

ROM
    Synergy

WiMAX blows
    Thanked by:

Plus these phones are on Sprint, sometimes the choice is not the phone but the carrier. I also agree 3D is a gimmick.

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by I am Fake Jesus View Post
    the nexus s is the best part of it. evo 3d? i think 3d is a gimmick at this point.

an also we dont no exactly when these phones will be release. could be q3 q4.
    Sprint is in limbo between Wimax and LTE so any new 4G device might be pushed back much further than usual.

ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

I don't care if another carrier launches a phone that makes my breakfast for me, I'm gonna stick to VZW as long as they maintain their better cell coverage in my area.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pnicho View Post
    I still think the Tbolt's going to look just fine. Evo 3d? That's all they got? I don't really see any game changers.
    T-Bolt? That's all they got? They copied the Evo and put more ram and a bigger chip in it...

Seriously, ya'll act like VZW invented the damn thing. HTC did, and HTC designed the Evo too. The T-bolt is just a natural progression in phones, not a Verizon triumph over Sprint. If it was, then why did it take Verizon a full YEAR to counter the Evo? Hell, the Bolt is still just a rumor as far as I'm concerned...Do you have one?

As far as 3D being "all they got" goes, I'm not sure what else there is to DO with a phone nowadays. I bet you'd change your mind if it came with a dual-core processor and a Tb of memory, huh? That would make the Bolt look archaic. How about a Carbon Fiber Kickstand with a built in antenna?...lol 3D is just a name, and as of now, it's PURE SPECULATION since it hasn't even been addressed by Sprint.

Get over yourselves.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nate44 View Post
    WiMAX blows
    I have had 4G for a year now. How long have you had 4G? Oh, you don't?
    Nexus Lover

ROM
    AOKP JB Build 4

it's not all over.

evo 3g? lame.
    nexus s with wimax? wimax is trumped by LTE
    evo tab? thats not even a smartphone.

no competition unless you like wimax and 3g.
    Follow me on Twitter!

Add me on Google+

Link

wimax is meh considering the sparse coverage along with poor building penetration and that Sprint is most likely going to leave wimax for lte sooner than later.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dkoss View Post
    Plus these phones are on Sprint, sometimes the choice is not the phone but the carrier. I also agree 3D is a gimmick.
    3D is definitely a gimmick, but would look pretty cool on the home screen if you didn't need glasses.

Now, do you honestly believe everything else would be spec'd the same as the Bolt? If it's 4th quarter it will more than likely be Dual-Core, have more memory and storage than the Bolt, have an improved camera lens (just had to throw that out there) and a carbon fiber kickstand...with an antenna in it...With a monthly fee of half the price of VZW...

Seriously, there's not much more to do on these things without a better battery. They hit a wall like computers did.

ROM
    AOKP

Sounds like you need to take it down a notch, fatal.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

Quote Originally Posted by FatalErrorz View Post
    4G is not the only thing that matters. On VZW, I have never had a single dropped call. No wonder they (VZW) are so arrogant.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    wimax is meh considering the sparse coverage along with poor building penetration and that Sprint is most likely going to leave wimax for lte sooner than later.
    LTE has poor bandwidth compared to WiMax. Google it.

the Sprint leaving WiMax for LTE is just a rumor...Show me a source.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by prakash99 View Post
    4G is not the only thing that matters. On VZW, I have never had a single dropped call. No wonder they (VZW) are so arrogant.

And I don't drop calls on Sprint...It's the coverage, not the carrier. Feel free to pay twice as much for less of a plan...I'll keep mine.

troll troll troll

ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

LTE has poor bandwidth compared to WiMax. Google it.

the Sprint leaving WiMax for LTE is just a rumor...Show me a source.
    If you like Sprint so much, what are you doing on TB forums again? You won't find me lurking on the forums of Evo, Atrix or nexus

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex

It dosn't matter if you've had 4g for a year. If you're service sucks, it sucks. I have personally never been with sprint but I have many friends that do and once they walk inside a building or their house they lose their signal. And wimax is going to be a dead technology because of all the financial problems. So you may have had 4g for a year but I'll bet you anything that verizon's 4g network will be almost complete before sprint starts their lte network.

To me it really doesn't matter how fast Wimax is. If you don't have coverage it's gonna suck.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Noble.Four View Post
    Sounds like you need to take it down a notch, fatal.

No, ya'll need to quit the trash talking and keep it factual. It's pathetic.

ROM
    AOKP

Hey man, all I'm saying is you are being way more hostile than is necessary. This should be a discussion, not a battle.

ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

And I don't drop calls on Sprint...It's the coverage, not the carrier. Feel free to pay twice as much for less of a plan...I'll keep mine.
    Well, we all have our preferences. If you like Coke and I like Pepsi does not mean either of the products are better or worse. It just means our preferences are different. If Sprint coverage works better for you in your area, that's good for you and I won't question that. But where I live, I get the best signal from VZW coverage. Does not mean other carriers are bad. But for my needs and preferences, VZW works the best for me. That's all. So we just need to chill, I guess.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SUB-dawg View Post
    it's not all over.

evo 3g? lame.
    nexus s with wimax? wimax is trumped by LTE
    evo tab? thats not even a smartphone.

no competition unless you like wimax and 3g.
    Evo 3g? What's that? I have an Evo4G
    Does VZW have a WiMax phone? No, not as of now.
    Evo Tab? VZW will be next with a tab, so stop it.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Noble.Four View Post
    Hey man, all I'm saying is you are being way more hostile than is necessary. This should be a discussion, not a battle.

Show me where ANY of you VZW people were "discussing" anything, and I'll stand down.

WiMax sucks is not a discussion.

Is that all they got? is not a discussion.

And on and on...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast