Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Nexus Lover

Global Posts
    1,268 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB Build 4

Aesthetics- huge screen is amazing and the soft touch backing is really cool.

Screen- AMAZING! not over saturated at all and very colorful and bright.

Hardware- feels great! a little hefty but i was surprised how light it was.

Phone- a little blurry on the speaker phone but my area is in and out with voice quality.

Overall User Interface (including HTC Sense)- it is my favorite android skin to date and this does not change my mind. it is VERY snappy and is easy to use.

Widgets- HTC's widgets are the best ever.

Signal quality- (Compared to other devices) keeps the signal constantly

GPS- works

Social Networking- friend stream is really cool.

Email/Calendar- htc's mail app is organized and makes sense

Battery Life- what you would expect from a 1400 mAh.

Performance- super snappy, quadrant was pretty fast too.

Media (music, movies, DLNA)- haven't had a chance to use DLNA yet, music is VERY loud with dolby sound.

Keyboard's- i downloaded swype and that works great. HTC's keyboard is on e of the best android keyboards.

Camera (both still & video)- great quality pics, hi res video works great.

Disappointments (if any)- the microUSB port is on the wrong side , NO OPTION to turn off 4G from what I can see.
    Follow me on Twitter!

Add me on Google+

Link

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

It would be about close to 50.00 more a month.Try this add a line get the phone home activate it on your line and throw an old feature phone on the new line then it would only be 15.00 more a month.

ROM
    Das Bamf 1.3, 1.2ghz

My first impressions:

The screen is low resolution with big pixels :/
    - My OG droid had 54 * 480 = 25,920 more pixels and they were packed into a smaller space which made it much prettier to look at.

With that being said. It was a 'worth-it' trade off to have LTE speed (which is AMAZING) and a snappy processor with lots of ram.

My battery life thus far seems much better than the OG droid.

I LOVE how fast the camera app is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! trying to get my OG droid to take a picture was like waiting for a turtle to climb Mt. Everest wearing tap-dancing shoes. (Seriously it made a horrible clicking noise)

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Um, I've seen a Droid and had a DX. The TB has a WAY better screen. Nice coloration (saturation is good) and resolution is perfect. The Droid may have more pixels but the screen technology in the TB is more advanced (SLCD?).
    Thanked by:

Also noticing a slightly distorted, talking through a tin can kinda experience with the earpiece for call quality. Everyone says I sound fine on their end, I'm going to try my buddies this weekend and see how it compares. Speaker phone seems fine. Aside from that all seems to be going as expected.

-Mayhem

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.6.32.21

• Aesthetics - Incredible. Love the form.
    • Screen - Beautiful screen. Big upgrade from my DInc.
    • Hardware - Solid feel. Love the weight to it.
    • Phone - including bluetooth & speakerphone usage - Great call quality. Earpiece and speaker.
    • Overall User Interface (including HTC Sense) - love the new Sense.
    • Widgets - So far love that you can EDIT widgets without deleting them.
    • Signal quality (Compared to other devices) - Strong signal quality. 4G everywhere I go (except subway :-P)
    • GPS - Good lock. no issues.
    • Email/Calendar - Gmail works great as usual. Calendar is good.
    • Battery Life - Better than I expected on 4G.
    • Performance - Smooth. NO lag.
    • Keyboard's - Using Steven Lin's Gingerbread Keyboard. Hate Froyo.
    • Disappointments (if any) - Didn't arrive sooner? :-D
    Former CrackBerry abuser. Running Android since February 24, 2011.
    HTC Thunderbolt running Adrynalyne's Basic Debloat
    Nexus Lover

Global Posts
    1,268 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB Build 4

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Mayhem View Post
    Also noticing a slightly distorted, talking through a tin can kinda experience with the earpiece for call quality. Everyone says I sound fine on their end, I'm going to try my buddies this weekend and see how it compares. Speaker phone seems fine. Aside from that all seems to be going as expected.

-Mayhem
    same here.
    Follow me on Twitter!

Add me on Google+

Link

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

My only complaint is that I have difficulty reaching accross the screen to type with one hand, it's almost too big, coming from an incredible, 4 inch would be perfect, if Inc 2 was 4 g, I would have waited. That being said, I love it.
    fillyo
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 on CM10

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I've had this about an hour and I love it. I'm getting 20Mbps down and 30Mbps up in Renton, WA
    -Verizon Moto X 16GB Black. I should have done Moto Maker...
    -iMac 21.5" Early-2009 running 10.9

So I've had the phone for about 16 hours and I figure now would be a good time to write my review.

* Aesthetics - Looks really really good. I love the LED Indicator under the ear grill. The only thing that threw me off at all was the different locations of the home/back/search/menu buttons (I'm coming from the OG). The phone feels like it is really well built, great weight for its size. Even with a Seido case, it is not too bulky.

* Screen - It is awesome in my opinion. Sure the Sammy LTE is going to be SUPERDUPERAMOLEDOMG, but, in the end, its a phone, I don't need a 3D 56" LED TV picture quality in my hands. The colors are much more vibrant, darks darker, lights lighter, than any other phone I've ever had. HD Video Looks AMAZING. All in all, im impressed with the screen.

* Hardware - Running fast and smooth. Cant ask for much more than that.

* Phone - including bluetooth & speakerphone usage - The call quality is so much better than my OG that its insane. My wife knew instantly I was calling from a different phone because she could actually hear me. Incoming audio sounds crisp and clean. Just a note: Talking while driving with the windows down...great. The sound canceling made it so my wife could actually hear me and not just wind.

* Overall User Interface (including HTC Sense) - I'm used to stock android, so getting used to Sense is a little tricky, but I already feel like I've got the knack of it. Its really user friendly, and highly customizable.

* Widgets - I'm using a ton of widgets on this thing, where as with my OG I was using 3-4. The widgets are great, they are probably eating my battery, but I'll discuss that later.

* Signal quality (Compared to other devices) - My signal has been great. My LTE speeds have been incredible. I Speedtest'ed next to a lady in the VZW store who was ditching her "4g" Evo, and the speeds were literally, 5x as fast. She was hitting 3.1 mbps, I hit 14.9 mbps (both down).

* GPS - Satellites are trying to steal my thoughts. (But really, seems to work fine. Its GPS, if they didn't have it right by now after all these years...ohh...sorry Fascinate owners.)

* Social Networking - I don't use the friend stream, but I use apps for both twitter and Facebook. I like to keep them separate or else they look like spam. Basically, they are the same...JUST FASTER!

* Email/Calendar - Awesome. Work. I like the Calendar over the stock android one from the OG.

* Battery Life - Besides from punching the TBolt in the face when I first got it by intentionally trying to drain the battery from 50% to 0 in an hour (Which I did, thank you very much), after I let it charge full, 10 hours later without a charge and heavy use (LTE on the whole time) and im still at 30%. That's not bad battery life to me. *Shrug*

* Performance - Great. I really like this phone. Does everything I want it to do for a stock device without rooting/romming.

* Media (music, movies, DLNA) - Haven't tried the DLNA, but Music sounds really good on the speaker. I think that the OG speaker was just slightly louder than this one, but the sound quality is much crisper on the Tbolt. I rented a blockbuster movie just for kicks (rip-off) and it looked superb, and played well. I haven't tried DLNA because I'm Lazy.

* Keyboard's - Its odd not having a physical keyboard anymore, but I'm getting used to it quickly. Its nice not having to pop my phone "open" every time I want to type something because the OG portrait keyboard blew.

* Camera (both still & video) - I haven't taken any video yet, but I played around with still pics, both front and back, and they both look good. Not great, but good. I didn't expect much from the FFC, but for Myspace picture whores, that's a godsend (I am not one of those people...I swear). You need to adjust a lot of things to get a good quality picture depending on the environment. I'm looking forward to some camera improvement apps that should come out eventually to take advantage of the camera.

* How the Thunderbolt compares to your previous smartphone (if applicable) - Destroys it. The OG Droid was an amazing device, but this...this is a whole new beast.

* Disappointments (if any) - None really. Battery life hasn't been much of an issue for me. I cant get my Seido Innocase off now that I have it on. That is kind of funny. One thing to add on to this: Sometimes my LTE signal just disappears for about 5-10 seconds, for no apparent reason, then comes back, just as strong as it was before.

Overall impressions from day 1: My wife hates this phone because I spent more time with it today, than her (we both had the day off). The end. This phone was worth the wait.

What type of Bluetooth stereo headset do you use?

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Aesthetics: very pleasing, feels like a solid block of metal with a soft touch plastic wrapper. The weight is just right, not like my Fascinate which was so light it felt like a toy.

Screen: Screen quality is quite good, seems a bit better than Evos I've demo'd. Colors are bright, not Super AMOLED bright, but text is much sharper.

Hardware: Overall seems very nice, well constructed, no build quality issues. Volume buttons seem almost too easy to press, and not a big fan of the micro-USB on the side.

Phone - including bluetooth & speakerphone usage: Voice quality is good, volume is plenty loud, haven't tried BT, I hardly use it.

Overall User Interface (including HTC Sense): Sense is very friendly, I'm a Launcher Pro advocate, but I may stick it out with Sense for a while.

Widgets: Sense widgets are useful for many people, not my cup of tea.

Signal quality (Compared to other devices): Seems to pull a much better signal than the Fascinate in all areas, 3G, 4G and wifi

GPS: it works, and that's a good thing!

Social Networking: I don't use the stock apps, I'm hooked on Tweetdeck to unify my Facebook and Twitter feeds in one place.

Email/Calendar: Sense versions of these apps are the best around, period. All the features you need are there.

Battery Life: unknown

Performance: very speedy so far, lag free. 4G speeds are awesome.

Media (music, movies, DLNA): Music player works well, streamed shoutcast with Winamp for 45 minutes without a hiccup

Keyboard's: Sense keyboard is decent, downloaded Swype beta and it works great

Camera (both still & video): took a few sample photos, no complaints at all. Camera app has more features than the Fascinate, focuses fast and takes the picture instantly

How the Thunderbolt compares to your previous smartphone (if applicable): I think it's a big step up from the Fascinate, that phone was glitchy from day one, and very laggy. For example, selecting 20 messages on the Samsung to delete from my work Exchange account would take 30+ seconds, the TB deletes them in 1 second. I always had trouble connecting to wifi at work using PEAP, the Thunderbolt worked flawlessly the very first time. Shoutcast streams never played on the Fascinate, on the Bolt it works exactly as it should. I'm very pleased.

Disappointments (if any): While good to have 4G all around Denver, at my house in the suburbs I'm still on 3g. Umm, that's not the phone's fault...

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

just get the phone a new line and then ad some old phone on it n just pay 9.99 a month thats wat i did . got this on a new line then activated on my original line n on the new line i just added an old lg phone i had.

Screen is much more vibrant than my DX
    Audio out through BT and Headphones seems crisper and more even toned

Very snappy
    Sense is much more functional and better looking than Blur
    Battery life during heavy use is about seven hours, I'm sure once I get all my apps and start using this as normal I will get about ten hours from it.
    Browser seems faster than my DX

Finally set my screen brightness to Auto, will see if this helps with the battery. Really, the battery isn't THAT bad. Just not stellar. I'll take the speediness anytime. So much smother than my DX.

My only gripe so far is the microusb slot which in a very bad location. You can't charge and watch a movie using the kickstand. What the hell was HTC was thinking?

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

I live in Detroit and getting 12mbps down and 20 up speed!! So far very happy with this phone, coming from droid x, only downside is battery issue

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Plus the Voice/Data works at the same time both 3g/4g

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

-Definitely heavier than the Evo but in a good way, solid
    -Snappy but not too noticeable than other great Android phones
    -Love the big display
    -Sound quality through a couple calls in the day has been great
    -Came from using a Moto Atrix and iPhone 4, so the battery life definitely doesn't stack up to those, but really on par with the hardware/network specs
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Harreh View Post
    As much as I am excited about my Tbolt, I think I am more excited in the fact that you have one. I have been monitoring your posts for several months now.
    " I have been monitoring your posts for several months now."

That's not creepy at all...
    Thanked by:
    Koato 

My first impressions,

I just did a factory reset on the phone after getting it yesterday.

It kept showing a weird phone # when I texted some people.
    I cannot click on a photo in my gallery, hit share and send to Picasa, it gives me an error every time.
    This morning I woke up late for work. I had two alarms set on the phone for 6:30 am and 7 am. The alarms never went off. When I looked at the phone it said 2:23 pm.
    I am in a heavy 4g area according to the Verizon map and I almost Never see 4g on this thing.
    I like how heavy and solid the phone feels. Hoping the reset I just did will fix some of these problems.

Quote Originally Posted by booboolala2000 View Post
    Really, the battery isn't THAT bad. Just not stellar. I'll take the speediness anytime. So much smother than my DX.
    ^^This

So happy to finally be free of my DX

Didn't notice anyone comment on the wireless hotspot. I tried it out as soon as I got home and it pushes 12mbps down to my laptop via speed test. Excellent hotspot, but make sure you have it plugged in, it will seriously drop your batter 10% a minute if not plugged in. Your kinda screwed if you want to use it out no where near a plug.

UPDATE: My friend with an incredible decided to use my hotspot to download an app, because his download speeds were sluggish compared to 4G LTE!! & his homes wifi.
    Last edited by pufidad; 03-18-2011 at 07:31 AM. Reason: update

Well I had to work yesterday but I picked up my TB first think..went in late to work and everything so I didn't get to play with it much but what I do know is I LOVE IT. The screen is just beautiful. Definitely a learning curve being my first Android phone but I'm thoroughly impressed with it initially. The battery is crap though. This phone is doing to much for the battery to keep up I think so I'm going to jump over to the other forum on this topic for much needed tips and tricks. But my first impression is definitely love at first site. I got the Seidio Innocase Surface in Burgundy for it and so it looks really nice. Now I just have to learn how to use the dang thing! Very happy and well...WELL worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by realitydigg View Post
    The Phone feels great in the hand, and coming from a storm which is slightly smaller, this isnt an issue - still feels good. It looks and acts much better

- The screen is really nice, good color saturation crisp etc.
    - LTE is BLAZING fast WOW!!!! If you don't have it in your area yet enjoy it on 3G, but you will be very very hapy when you travel or when 4G gets to you.
    - Audio load not particularly awesome from youtube which is highly compressed we'll see when i download some music to it..
    - Camera, I took some pics in the store with their demo, handled the mixed lighting nicely. I'll have to test fully here once i charge up fully
    - Keyboard has a haptic buzz when you type - you can turn it off, but it will help me transition from surepress. Keeps me from pressing down hard until i hear a crack

I will avoid the software side since i have to get used to it. The phone is snappy overall and especially browsing the web which is huge for me. Coming from a storm 1 I miss the pull it from your holster and it is awake aspect. I don't think I used the on off button on the storm ever. I have to get used to waking this phone up. Still trying to get a sense of sense...

No regrets
    Coming from Storm 1 as well.

Things I like:
    - Size, screen, weight.
    - Speed
    - Graphics
    - WiFi
    - Hot Spot (for iPad when not home)
    - Talk and surf and at the same time

Things I don't like:- touch screen... every time I handle this phone I "touch" something and it takes me to a different page or program. When I'm on the phone I like to keep tract of how long I've been talking or waiting. But I invariably "touch" something and the screen changes to somewhere else. I miss the click screen already, except for typing.

- Bed time alarm clock. The Storm had a "bed side" mode, where the clock was visible all night and would not ring or buzz for incoming calls or messages. This phone just goes dark and if I want to see what time it is I have to fumble in the dark to find and press the tiny power put-on. I haven't been able to set up my home or work email yet, so nothing buzzes at night - but I also can't get my messages.

- Advanced App killer, not sure I like this or hate this. It seems there is no other way to turn off some apps.and I wonder if they ever really turn off!. Pandora IS ALWAYS ON very time I "kill" the open aps, EVEN WHEN I DON'T TURN IT ON.

- There are tinges I don't like about the phone set up too, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

- The whole OS seems bit more confusing, again, this is my first Droid so I'm sure I will get used to it.

- Battery has been talked about, we'll see if it gets any better by the weekend. But charging it twice a day will get on my nerves.

- Now the part that people will hate. I will give this phone a 10 day try, but if it has too many compromises to fit my tastes, it will go back to the store and I will get an iPhone or wait for the Storm3.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast